Ragnarok Mafia (Scum Win) Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

rezombad
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:30 am

tube + rezzy probably aren't on the same team
lastly, there are "4 scum in a 12p" because ham+rcw+imopen+Kaze. since this is realistically unlikely, it was my sarcastic way of saying "why are there so many scummy people".
Neither me nor tube are on scumlist of hamfactorial, rcwrasy, imopen2, Kazekirimaru.
thinks ham is scum and stardust isnt

@Kaze: Zem is mostly null to me right now, I wouldn't be confident voting for him. It's early enough and Pie is loud enough that I'm fine having him in my scum list.
Things could change though.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:00 am

if you think all those four players are actually my scumreads, then you actually think I was serious when I called three scum on page... 1? and think I seriously find rcw+ham scum when neither of them have posted much? like... read the post where I said "gg game broken" and tell me you thought I was serious.

see, there we go again, having to explain this ruins things. I'm gonna have to shift my playstyle/tone/whatever here I guess because apparently it's lost on y'all.

your last sentence implies I'm scum because I'm talking a lot. am I reading that right? (as a note, my activity is going to drop like I said prior to gamestart, I'm just bored tonight)

Kaze: I wouldn't say that. your post was saying I constantly selfvote, which I don't, which is a misrep. and just because I don't have a selfvote schtick doesn't mean I'm not allowed to attempt discussion.

I'm
actually surprised I got a surprisingly low amount of discussion regarding my selfvote or the miller claim. I'm not used to people ignoring stuff like that; y'all didn't even blink. Interesting.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know if you're being lied to?

The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work... use more gun.

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:01 am

EBWOP: *to attempt to start some discussion

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:07 am

Kay then. Do you believe my misrepresentation was intentional?

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:09 am

yes, I think you tried being all "oh pie u so silly you always do this" to buddy up to me and get townpoints. it didn't work.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:10 am

Buddy up to the person under the most scrutiny today.

Mkay.

Makes sense.

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 am

except:
I'd give that title to [strike]Starbuck[/strike] Stardust
I came under scrutiny around mid/end page 2 and you posted the meta comment before people have been calling me scum.

try again.

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 am

... we need strike tags.

going to bed, sorry for all the doubleposting.

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:15 am

last post: well, imopen found me scummy, then rezzy agreed without much other reasoning (and unvoted me, mind), then you posted, then tube jumped on my wagon, then rezzy pushed me some more.

so I may have been called scum but it wasn't pushed until more recently, technically.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:16 am

Support for ScumPie came about around post 40ish with rezombad calling the team; I didn't post the meta thing until closer to post 60.

Call it what you want, I call it momentum.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 am

if you think all those four players are actually my scumreads, then you actually think I was serious when I called three scum on page... 1? and think I seriously find rcw+ham scum when neither of them have posted much? like... read the post where I said "gg game broken" and tell me you thought I was serious.

see, there we go again, having to explain this ruins things. I'm gonna have to shift my playstyle/tone/whatever here I guess because apparently it's lost on y'all.

your last sentence implies I'm scum because I'm talking a lot. am I reading that right? (as a note, my activity is going to drop like I said prior to gamestart, I'm just bored tonight)

Kaze: I wouldn't say that. your post was saying I
constantly selfvote, which I don't, which is a misrep. and just because I don't have a selfvote schtick doesn't mean I'm not allowed to attempt discussion.

I'm actually surprised I got a surprisingly low amount of discussion regarding my selfvote or the miller claim. I'm not used to people ignoring stuff like that; y'all didn't even blink. Interesting.
Say what you mean and mean what you say.
I think that you are being scummy. But that it also might have to do with you talking a lot. I have other reasons, but the fact that you are the loudest is drawing my attention to you.

re:not blinking. all kinds of crazy things happen in RVS here. Personally, it drew my attention to you (see earlier posts) but I didn't find it scummy per se.

pedit: I think you're scummy. I think stardust is more scummy and his wagon is rolling.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:19 am

I think that you are being scummy. But that it also might have to do with you talking a lot. I have other reasons, but the fact that you are the loudest is drawing my attention to you.
Being loud = scummy in rezombadland?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:19 am

oh, pie, strike is just

Code: Select all

[s][/s]
for future reference.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:20 am

Being loud = scummy in rezombadland?
Being loud = drawing scrutiny.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:24 am

Official Votecount:

hamfactorial (1): zemanjaski
Yannaria (1): DroppinSuga
rcwraspy (1): Stardust
Stardust (5): hamfactorial, imopen2, rezombad, Kazekirimaru, TubeHunter (L-2)
imopen2 (1): InflatablePie

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

-

Fun fact: Up until Pie first voted, there were 8 different people with 1 vote each!
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:31 am

Don't have a computer at the moment so ill take notes and write questions tomorrow. In the meantime I will answer questions put to me.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:40 pm

All voting needs to stop until we hear from Stardust.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:01 pm

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: imopen2, rcwraspy, Stardust, zemanjaski and 0 guests

Oh hai, stardust. We've been expecting you :)
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Not liking the fact that Stardust came into the thread and didn't reply...

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Good morning everybody. First things first: my schedule. I work full time and go to law school nights. My job is a joke, though, so I'm around the computer a lot from 9-5 eastern time zone. That's when you can expect most of my content. I wasn't at a computer much yesterday - was getting some standard MTG testing done for the upcoming SCG Open in Providence this coming Saturday.

Second. Stardust, I and a few others have open questions to you. You're also at L-2. Time to start answering and talking.
Agreed.

RE: Pie
(toward Pie) I think that you are being scummy. But that it also might have to do with you talking a lot. I have other reasons, but the fact that you are the loudest is drawing my attention to you.
bolded parens mine.

Mkay.

Makes sense.
Actually, guys, I have to admit I like what Pie is doing. Not enough to call him confirmed town - nobody's done/said enough for that yet - but he's certainly getting the ball rolling. The town mindset here is that he's poking at everybody to see who flinches in a way he and other town don't like. Right now he's scumhunting more than most. The scum mindset here is that he's throwing mud on everybody to see what sticks to get a wagon going. And oh
look, we have one on Stardust. Which brings me back to #2, above ^^
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:48 pm

L-2 off one post. Good stuff. Not going to claim yet for obvious reasons.
Stardust remarking on his role is null; he does this as both alignments.
First up, the only game on this site that I've been scum was KNM. I said nothing about a role there (and claimed vanilla). As far as I can recall, the only time I've ever said anything about my role was when I replaced into Bioshock (where I was town). So what are you basing that comment on?

Interesting that this is similar to your defense of Pie later on.
Anyhow, Stardust, if you agree James sounds odd, why are you RVSing
instead of voting him?
Partly because RVS is fun, partly because I get the feeling zeman's going to stay involved no matter what (so I can wait to get more info rather than push a weak wagon), partly because I wanted to give rcw something to respond to, and partly because I wanted to see who would call me on that post (and how they did so). That last bit was obviously more effective than I expected, though the whole "RVS is anti-town" was glossed over much more than I expected. I figured you, Kaze, would be going after me for that in particular.

Stardust, Do you believe that Kaze's "this is now serious" vote on Zeman ended RVS?
Yes.

this is very assumptive of you. votes on stardust are legit until he returns and answers our questions

Unvote, Vote Stardust
Why didn't you vote me in your previous post?

40 posts in, scum are;

rcwraspy, stardust, inflatablepie
This is based exclusively on interactions, yes?

Nevermind, explained later.

hey, this whole explanation thing is fun after all, you should join in, rezzy (can I call you rezzy?). c'mon. safe space.
You remind me of Doctor Jest.

In the meantime I think this is in order-

Unvote;

Vote: Stardust
Why didn't you start my wagon instead of jumping on only after it picked up steam?

Rcw seems like a possible bus target based on interactions so far. I want to hear stardust's response before I comment further
This is both weak and over-confident. Weak in that any read on rcw is awful and over-confident in that no townie should be looking at interactions with me based on one post. You're not voting me to scum hunt, you're tunneling already. Only scum could do that this early on.

[quote="TubeHunter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:05 pm":
2as8ggix]I think we are on the right track here though.

I think pressuring stardust until he explains the whole "yeah z you look bad... Vote: someone else" thing is a good idea, if not, Pie seems like he is reaching pretty hard. I also am not a fan of the LOL imma vote myself aint that funny move.

My suspicions are on Z,Pie, and Stardust right now.
oh, and rezzy, while you're explaining yourself, please explain why you're currently bandwagoning Stardust instead of leaving your vote on me, if you think we're both scum.
You seem to be trying to deflect attention from stardust onto yourself...

scum pairing if i've ever saw it

Unvote, Vote: Stardust[/quote]
I like this post. At first I didn't like the "I think we are on the right track here though" line since it doesn't sound genuine, but then I remembed your play in KNM. You're not at all on the right track, but this
reminds me very much of that (town) TubeHunter.

im a little uneasy with how quickly we're progressing towards a stardust lunch without hearing from again.
If I got lynched immediately following this post I'm writing right here, what would you say?
@ Kaze, I want to hear from Stardust because his decision to effectively FOS me then vote elsewhere seems suspect. It links us in the minds of others. The interaction between you and me was the driving narrative of the early discussion and much of what else went on fed off that. I want Stardust's words in writing for me to re-analyse the last few pages and start looking for motives.[/quote:
2as8ggix]
Nice, I like you too. I'll call you town for now.

I just want to ask, why are ham and rcw aligned?

Ham has 1 post (btw post something dawg) and it seems like an rvs vote in every sense. I guess the only wierd thing is that its a bit late for it.
I voted rcw without reasoning. ham voted me without reasoning. I can hardly fault him for continuing RVS when I did the same, but it could be a vote in retaliation.

rezombad is town
imopen leans town
Pie is conflicted
James leans scum
Stardust is scum
The rest of you I dunno yet.

Poke some holes in my reads and see what flows out.
1) I like your read on Pie. If you want to
ask me why, you have to explain why it's conflicted first.
2) Why is imopen leaning town?

I'm actually surprised I got a surprisingly low amount of discussion regarding my selfvote or the miller claim. I'm not used to people ignoring stuff like that; y'all didn't even blink. Interesting.
Like most of your words this game, any discussion on motive results in useless WIFOM. Can't speak for others, but I'll very rarely pursue a line of questioning like this.

Not liking the fact that Stardust came into the thread and didn't reply...
Word.

Actually, guys, I have to admit I like what Pie is doing. Not enough to call him confirmed town - nobody's done/said enough for that yet - but he's certainly getting the ball rolling. The town mindset here is that he's poking at everybody to see who flinches in a way he and other town don't like. Right now he's scumhunting more than most. The scum mindset here is that he's throwing mud on everybody to see what sticks to get a wagon going. And oh look, we have one on Stardust. Which brings me back to #2, above ^^
Okay, I like you too.

So... where does that leave me... rcwraspy, TubeHunter, zemanjaski and probably Kaze and rezombad are town. imopen is my only strong scum read.

hamfactorial, why are you voting for me?

Unvote, Vote imopen
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Stardust, Do you believe that Kaze's "this is now serious" vote on Zeman ended RVS?
Yes.
Anyhow, Stardust, if you agree James sounds odd, why are you RVSing instead of voting him?
Partly because RVS is fun, partly because I get the feeling zeman's going to stay involved no matter what (so I can wait to get more info rather than push a weak wagon), partly because I wanted to
give rcw something to respond to, and partly because I wanted to see who would call me on that post (and how they did so). That last bit was obviously more effective than I expected, though the whole "RVS is anti-town" was glossed over much more than I expected. I figured you, Kaze, would be going after me for that in particular.
what

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Yes.
Anyhow, Stardust, if you agree James sounds odd, why are you RVSing instead of voting him?
Partly because RVS is fun, partly
because I get the feeling zeman's going to stay involved no matter what (so I can wait to get more info rather than push a weak wagon), partly because I wanted to give rcw something to respond to, and partly because I wanted to see who would call me on that post (and how they did so). That last bit was obviously more effective than I expected, though the whole "RVS is anti-town" was glossed over much more than I expected. I figured you, Kaze, would be going after me for that in particular.
what
I was going to post this too. Then I re-read it. I think I understand it, but it wouldn't hurt to nudge Stardust to reconcile the two.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Stardust, I didn't vote you in my previous post because it was literally 1 minute earlier. The two posts were 1 thought, I just like to split things up for my organizational sanity and also for convenience when on my phone.

The comment about rcw being a possible bus target was not a call for rcw's head or anything, just a marker for myself for later. In no way am I tunneling you, I said I was one with a pie lynch as well and I still am.

If my assumptions based on interaction are scummy at this early stage, why is pie not in the scum-pile along with me?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:39 pm

I was going to post this too. Then I re-read it. I think I understand it, but it wouldn't hurt to nudge Stardust to reconcile the two.
What I understand from it is "RVS was over but I RVS'ed someone for lols instead of voting for the person I fingered in the same post."
So my vote will be here for now.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:44 pm

What I understand from it is "RVS was over but I RVS'ed someone for lols instead of voting for the person I fingered in the same post."
That was my first read of it too. I'm not going to post my current assumption, though, because I want to hear it from Stardust. Go re-read it twice, though - once thinking of Stardust as town and once as scum and see if it changes.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Stardust, I didn't vote you in my previous post because it was literally 1 minute earlier. The two posts were 1 thought, I just like to split things up for my organizational sanity and also for convenience when on my phone.

The comment about rcw being a possible bus target was not a call for rcw's head or anything, just a marker for myself for later. In no way am I tunneling you, I said I was one with a pie lynch as well and I still am.

If my assumptions based on interaction are scummy at this early stage, why is pie not in the scum-pile along with me?
Maybe tunneling was the wrong word. Same idea - it's the over-confidence that reads as scummy to me.

Explain to me why you think Pie is doing the same?

Right, I RVS'd someone thinking that I'd draw some reactions because RVS was over. Isn't that obvious from my explanation?
҉

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Whoa. My role is fuckin' crazy.

Hey, zeman, thing is, you've already said something silly. I agree with Kaze that you don't sound genuine. But I don't think I'll vote you quite yet. I'd rather go after rcw. That guy's been scum every game I've ever played with him.

Vote rcwraspy.
unvote votestardust

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:01 pm

unvote stardust claims he's at l-2, true?

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Good morning everybody. First things first: my schedule. I work full time and go to law school nights. My job is a joke, though, so I'm around the computer a lot from 9-5 eastern time zone. That's when you can expect most of my content. I wasn't at a computer much yesterday - was getting some standard MTG testing done for the upcoming SCG Open in Providence this coming Saturday.

Second. Stardust, I and a few others have open questions to you. You're also at L-2. Time to start answering and talking.

Agreed.

(toward Pie) I think that you are being scummy. But that it also might have to do with you talking a lot. I have other reasons, but the fact that you are the loudest is drawing my attention to you.
bolded parens mine.

Mkay.

Makes sense.
Actually, guys, I have to admit I like what Pie is doing. Not enough to call him confirmed town - nobody's done/said enough for that yet - but he's certainly getting the ball rolling. The town mindset here is that he's poking at everybody to see who flinches in a way he and other town don't like.
Right now he's scumhunting more than most. The scum mindset here is that he's throwing mud on everybody to see what sticks to get a wagon going. And oh look, we have one on Stardust. Which brings me back to #2, above ^^
so you and pie are scumbuddies with Stardust and possibly zem

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Partly because RVS is fun, partly because I get the feeling zeman's going to stay involved no matter what (so I can wait to get more info rather than push a weak wagon), partly because I wanted to give rcw something to respond to, and partly because I wanted to see who would call me on that post (and how they did so). That last bit was obviously more effective than I expected, though the whole "RVS is anti-town" was glossed over much more than I expected. I figured you, Kaze, would be
going after me for that in particular.
Reading back, maybe it's not that obvious, so I'll elaborate on this.

My first post contained two minorly scummy things and one out of the ordinary thing in that I was commenting on my role. Those three things were all intentional with the hope of getting reactions. The first scummy thing was calling zemanjaski scummy, then voting someone else. The second was RVS voting after RVS was over. I figured this was fairly safe since they both align with my standard town MO - 1) Wait to get more info, and 2) RVS is actually really useful. Waiting to get more info is exactly what I wanted from zemanjaski, so I was more interested in branching out to other players. The easy way to do that was to force someone to get involved by voting for them - rcw in this case, since I've played with him as scum before and thought I might stand a decent shot at reading him correctly.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Right, I RVS'd someone thinking that I'd draw some reactions because RVS was over[/
i]. Isn't that obvious from my explanation?

Glad to know I was on-target. The town rationale is the same as what I stated about Pie.

However, the town rationale is the same as what I stated about Pie. Which means the scum rationale is to do something that others perceive as townish.

WIFOM, though, at this point. Suffice it to say IGMEOY.

Preview EDIT: Stardust made a new post. This post still applies.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Agreed.

bolded parens mine.

Mkay.

Makes sense.
Actually, guys, I have to admit I like what Pie is doing. Not enough to call him confirmed town - nobody's done/said enough for that
yet - but he's certainly getting the ball rolling. The town mindset here is that he's poking at everybody to see who flinches in a way he and other town don't like. Right now he's scumhunting more than most. The scum mindset here is that he's throwing mud on everybody to see what sticks to get a wagon going. And oh look, we have one on Stardust. Which brings me back to #2, above ^^
so you and pie are scumbuddies with Stardust and possibly zem
Explanation?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:11 pm

unvote stardust claims he's at l-2, true?
hamfactorial, imopen2, rezombad, kaze, tubehunter
l-2

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:11 pm

vote: Pie because rezom is town as fuck. always sheep the town-as-fuck.

Right, so, also: I am a Miller. Discuss.

Nice to see some new faces.
What about old faces? n0 love 4 pie ;_;
Aside, does the first serious vote end RVS or have players that have not voted get to still rvs vote?
RVS (random voting stage) is just what people call the first few bits of the game. theres not necessarily a set "we are in and out of RVS" part of the game, and people can be in RVS for longer than others. typically, however, once people start actually scumhunting, votes are no longer 'random', so...

Lastly, ham is probaly scum with rcw. Good to know.

preview-edit: Lord_M, why bother fake-voting Kaze there? that post was useless.
in addition to his miller claim he voted himself which in RVS is often an indictator of alignment

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:12 pm

also how you're so willing to accept his claim like pelase

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Who is this directed at?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Maybe tunneling was the wrong
word. Same idea - it's the over-confidence that reads as scummy to me.

Explain to me why you think Pie is doing the same?

Right, I RVS'd someone thinking that I'd draw some reactions because RVS was over. Isn't that obvious from my explanation?
My scum reads are:
1. You
2. Pie
3. ???
n4(?)

My "assumption" according to you was saying that rcw could be a bus target for you and pie if you are indeed scumbuddies. (He is an inexperienced player who might fuck up at some point). I marked this down based on the interaction I saw between the three of you. Rcw was linked to the scummy things that brought you and pie to my attention. I'm not assuming, I'm observing.

Regardless of how you interpret my posts, Pie made WAY more "assumptions" than I did, going as far as to list scum teams on page 1, one of those people having not even posted yet and none of which I would say had done anything particularly scummy to that point. You, however, are focusing on my "assumptions" and basically ignoring pie's. that doesn't sit well with me. You are too experienced of a player to have missed this.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:57 pm

I did comment on Pie's "assumptions", and I think they're much different than what you're doing. His play has been a WIFOM-laden mess which I'm not likely to forget, but it's a mess I can't yet read. I still think I've got a decent read on you.
҉

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Who is this directed at?
you

Return to “Completed Games”