[WIP]Eladamri, Lord of Leaves (Elves!)

Decklists intended for multiplayer games can be posted here

Moderator: Manasjap

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

[WIP]Eladamri, Lord of Leaves (Elves!)

Postby DroppinSuga » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:18 am

I recently got the hankering for a tribal EDH deck and goblins are so last year. Elves it is!

To be continued... dun dun dun

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Will you play Gaea's Cradle?

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Will you play Gaea's Cradle?
Ideally, yes. If you give me a copy, I'll be happy to throw it in!

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:43 am

Alright, so I was gonna post my list, but it's so basic that it's not really fun to post. It's a basic Elves ramp deck with Mana dorks, Elvish Champion, etc etc. ramping into fatties to destroy.

So my question is this: I want to keep it tribal minus the big fatties, but I'm looking for input. I want some spicy tech in this deck. Mind you that I'm pretty much buying the pieces as I go so I don't want to spend more than like $10 on a single card.

GoblinWarchief

Postby GoblinWarchief » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:17 am

Staff of Domination + Priest of Titania / Elvish Archdruid with at least 5 elves in play = infinite mana, infinite life, draw your entire deck.

This is the first "spicy" thing that comes to my mind.
I would suggest you to run Ezuri as general. he protects your elves like eladamri (i hope you are aware that eladamri doesn't give shroud to himself, he has been reworded) , but he is also a fantastic finisher. Plus, shroud mean that you can't target your elves with equipments, pump spells and so on.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:23 am

I don't want Ezuri because I see that deck everywhere. I was aware of the wording on Eladamri but I hadn't thought about the fact that my elves couldn't be targeted by my own spells. I may switch it up and use Yeva, Nature's Herald

GoblinWarchief

Postby GoblinWarchief » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:35 am

Yeah, everyone plays Ezuri, so i approve if you chose another general for this reason. Even if your list looks boring, it would be helpful to read it to see if you're missing obvious cards, or just to not start suggesting cards that you already play.

It's 3:30 a.m now in italy. I'm going to sleep, but tomorrow (or next days if i don't find time), i'll help you. I'm a goblin expert, but i also like elves and tribes in general
Last edited by GoblinWarchief on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:37 am

Alright, I'll post the list tomorrow and we can go from there.

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:27 am

Ezuri is popular because he does 3 things the elf deck needs: Makes your dudes stupid huge, protects them, and is a manasink. Having played elf tribal commander for years I can tell you that you don't want eladamri, for the simple reason that there are plenty of good reasons for you own creatures to target each other. I did have pretty good luck with Nath of the Gilt-Leaf and Tolsimir wolfblood, and a couple people I know have used rhys the exiled and rhys the redeemed to decent effect. keep in mind that all of these are either GW or BG, so they will open up the weird elves from lorwyn or shadowmoor, and some other randoms from various sets in the past. If you do run Nath you would do well to include a discard subtheme. even something as simple as anvil of bogardan
will pay dividends. With all 4 of them you end up skewed towards tokens, but it's not like that's a bad strategy, especially with all the "add the number of elves you control to things" that is so common. Radha, heir to Keld is not a good "elf general", there are good decks for her, but she does little to help elf tribal. If you insist on staying monogreen I recommend Yeva, she's in the 99 of my Ezuri deck, and I have played it with her as the commander a time or two and while I definitely miss the overruns, she does create an amusing tricky element that most monogreen decks lack.
thanks to nbw for the sig.
You do need to try to gay it up a little more.

You're like the least gay member of this clan.

And that's counting the fact that you voluntarily have sex with men.

Return to “Multiplayer Commander Decklists”