Scrambled Eggs

Other developing decks

Moderator: LP, of the Fires

WitchHunt
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Scrambled Eggs

Postby WitchHunt » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:29 am

[deck]Deck
Artifacts:
4 Ichor Wellspring
3 Psychogenic Probe
4 Krark-Clain Ironworks
4 Chromatic Star
4 Chromatic Sphere
4 Conjurer's Bauble
2 Mox Opal

Sorcery:
4 Gitaxian Probe
3 Damnation
2 Open the Vaults
3 Bitter Ordeal
1 Banefire

Instants:
4 Faith's Reward

Lands:
5 Plains
7 Swamps
4 Darksteel Citadel
2 Isolated Chapel[/deck]

First off, yes, it's an eggs deck. The kicker with mine is it uses some of my favorite cards in MTG, Psychogenic Probe and Bitter Ordeal. They've been tossed around in a long line of "Shuffle" decks that I've been working on pretty much since I started playing MTG again five or so years ago. I encountered Soldier of Fortune and built a burn deck with him just sort of.. tossed in there. Then someone pointed out, "Why don't you run Psychogenic Probe? People take 2 damage whenever they shuffle" to which
I replied, "I'm buying it. I need it." I haven't looked back since then.

Win Con

Psychogenic Probe+Bitter Ordeal. Do what eggs does, get out a probe, cast a bitter ordeal, win. You need a storm count of nine to win(assuming they haven't been fetching or shocking themselves), with eggs this is pretty easy to achieve.
Bitter Ordeal. Eggs away, if you can't dig deep enough for that probe, fuck it. Bitter Ordeal them and removed every win con they have in their deck and then some. Hell remove their lands if that's what floats your boat.
Banefire. Sometimes, I can't shuffle them to death. Banefire is a one of as it's your "just in case" spell.
Cantrips

Gitaxian Probe, Chromatic Star, Chromatic Sphere, Conjurer's Bauble, Ichor Wellspring
Syngergy

Psychogenic Probe+Bitter Ordeal. KCI+Darksteel Citadel. KCI+Chromatic Star. KCI+Ichor Wellspring. KCI+Mox
Opal. Damnation+Bitter Ordeal. Eggs combo in general.
To make this deck work, I pretty much need KCI to keep the combo going, that's why there's four of them in the deck. The deck *can* go off on turn four, but that's not guaranteed. It more often than not depends on whether I get out a KCI for the mana. I had previously run Lotus Bloom in it, but the only time they ever really benefited me is if I drew them in my opening hand. Drawing into a Lotus Bloom when I need a cantrip really sucked, so I swapped them out for Gitaxian Probe. Damnation I'm look at cutting for some form of mana acceleration or potentially another sac outlet, so far I'm not sure what to do with it. It's still in its pretty early testing stages, but it's done pretty well for the most part. Of course discard and control make me sad, but surprise surprise, combo has issues dealing with control.

I'm still constructing a sideboard for this, but Surgical Extraction, [card]
Extirpate[/card], Leyline of the Void, and a few more are all possibilities I've been looking at. It does run white, so there are options there as well.

I'd appreciate some solid thoughts and suggestions, let me know what you think.

Return to “Developing”