Young Rabblemaster(Ru)

Threads from Standard formats since passed.

Moderators: Kaitscralt, zemanjaski, Christen

Jasper
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Young Rabblemaster(Ru)

Postby Jasper » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 am

[deck]
Creatures 8
4 Young Pyromancer
4 Goblin Rabblemaster

2 Purphoros, God of the Forge
1 Keranos, God of Storms
3 Military Intelligence

4 Stoke the Flames
4 Lightning Strike
3 Magma Jet
4 Shock
3 Turn // Burn
2 Izzet Charm
2 Rapid Hybridization

4 Steam Vents
4 Shivan Reef
4 Temple of Epiphany
12 Mountain
[/deck]

Rough testing list. Played maybe 5 games with it today with the playgroup and it seemed pretty solid. I'm currently short 2 Steam Vents, and even without them I wasn't having any mana issues. Figured I would drop it in here just so I have it saved somewhere. Going to try to play it at FNM.

Sideboard would probably be something like: 3 Circle of Flame, 4 Magma Spray, 3 Dispel, 2 Negate, 2 [card]Polymorphist's Jest[/card:
87bhohfw], 1 Mizzium Mortars

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:21 am

Purphoros seems lame, I would just play Master of Waves. Even without that much blue Devotion available, it turns your Young Pyromancer tokens into 2/1s.

Jasper

Postby Jasper » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:10 am

Indeed. The deck was fun to play, but has too many moving parts that need to come together. Of course, getting either a YP$ or a Rabble on board with a Purphoros out was pretty much game over, but it doesn't seem to happen that often.

Circle of Flame + [card]Polymorphist's Jest[/card] = Pure fun at FNM. So many people got totally blown out by it. Jest did fine even on it's own, granted I had a few tokens out to block with.

All in all, it was a fun deck to win 2 packs with at FNM. Opened a Nykthos and an Eidolon of the Great Revel, pushing my Eidolon stockpile up to 9 total. RISE BABY RISE!

Return to “Archives”