[Basic Mafia Game #1] Adventure Time (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Also, is there any way to change the skins? I am having such a hard time seeing the quotes, from what the actual post is...
User control panel, then board settings i believe.

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Ximbad said the wagon was too thin, it seems that he was just pushing for a mislynch then when he realized that it wasn't going anywhere, he unvoted
Wut? Are you even paying attention? I voted you for using the term "srs sbns." I never pushed for a Yanni lynch.
Ximbad's comment about the yanni wagon going nowhere definitely strikes me as odd. I agree it seems like he was going for a mislynch and jumped off the bandwagon (to vote for the captain who, since his first post, has seemed much less scummy to me, and who actually defended Ximbad earlier in the page).

It is suprising to me that there are no votes for Jones or PhantomS considering they have been the most aggressive and seemingly scummy people so far.
They both went after The Guardian, then both attacked Yanni for something that didn't seem like a big deal (Ximbad agreed), and this is AFTER PhantomS scolded The Guardian for voting Yanni because he was playing off our hatred for him. Maybe that gave PS the idea?
unvote: Captain; Vote: imopen2

In the first paragraph you talk about how you don't like my unvote of yanni.
In the second paragraph you talk about how you think Phantoms is scummy since the reasons for voting for Yanni are weak. You even reference me as a source.
Zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust,
Die eine will sich von der andern trennen.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Also, is there any way to change the skins? I am having such a hard time seeing the quotes, from what the actual post is...
Here
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Ximbad said the wagon was too thin, it seems that he was just pushing for a mislynch then when he realized that it wasn't going anywhere, he unvoted
Wut? Are you even paying attention? I voted you for using the term "srs sbns." I never pushed for a Yanni lynch.
Ximbad's comment about the yanni wagon going nowhere definitely strikes me as odd. I agree it seems like he was going for a mislynch and jumped off the bandwagon (to vote for the captain who, since his first post, has seemed much less scummy to me, and who actually defended Ximbad earlier
in the page).

It is suprising to me that there are no votes for Jones or PhantomS considering they have been the most aggressive and seemingly scummy people so far. They both went after The Guardian, then both attacked Yanni for something that didn't seem like a big deal (Ximbad agreed), and this is AFTER PhantomS scolded The Guardian for voting Yanni because he was playing off our hatred for him. Maybe that gave PS the idea?

In the second paragraph you talk about how you think Phantoms is scummy since the reasons for voting for Yanni are weak. You even reference me as a source.
No you misunderstood me. I don't think voting for yanni makes sense. That's why your comment was suspicious (and has been called suspicious by a couple other people too). I also didn't like phantoms' vote for yanni. if you want to vote me, that's fine, but at least read my
posts first :cry:
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 pm

tag-team...interesting :sherlock:

It would be nice to hear from some of the less active people.

I'm sticking with my PhantomS read for now. I'm less sure about KP because he tends to be a somewhat agressive person in general on this forum and I'm not sure whether that behavior is typical of scum in mafia. It just rubs me the wrong way
You could at least try to be consistent in your judgment. Whether to meta or not is a personal thing, but if you're going to meta
that kpaca is aggressive how are you NOT going to meta that I am?
well at the time of posting my previous reads i had 1. phantoms, 2. kp, 3. ximbad on my list of suspects. then, after thinking more, i moved kp down a slot. i think you are deviating from your normal posting style a lot more than kp so i guess it is a personal choice that i am making.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:39 pm

I don't think that being aggressive is scummy, especially on day 1. On the contrary, I assume mafia will try to start the game with a low profile. Sure, experienced players may tap on that, but in that case I will say it's a null tell.

On the other hand, that "tag-team" accusation, to call it that, is making my "spider-sense" tingle.

Vote: imopen2
lol, i hardly meant that to be an accusation, just an observation that they came in immediately and addressed only to the small section about themselves and not the parts about others.

it seemed like a teamwork job. do you have any thoughts on this?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Ximbad's comment about the yanni wagon going nowhere definitely strikes me as odd. I agree it seems like he was going for
a mislynch and jumped off the bandwagon (to vote for the captain who, since his first post, has seemed much less scummy to me, and who actually defended Ximbad earlier in the page).

It is suprising to me that there are no votes for Jones or PhantomS considering they have been the most aggressive and seemingly scummy people so far. They both went after The Guardian, then both attacked Yanni for something that didn't seem like a big deal (Ximbad agreed), and this is AFTER PhantomS scolded The Guardian for voting Yanni because he was playing off our hatred for him. Maybe that gave PS the idea?

No you misunderstood me. I don't think voting for yanni makes sense. That's why your comment was suspicious (
and has been called suspicious by a couple other people too). I also didn't like phantoms' vote for yanni. if you want to vote me, that's fine, but at least read my posts first :cry:
to clarify, I found your vote for yanni suspicious, i found your unvote for him suspicious in that you immediately voted for another person i felt was not being very scummy

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Ximbad's comment about the yanni wagon going nowhere definitely strikes me as odd. I agree it seems like he was going for a mislynch and jumped off the bandwagon (to vote for the captain who, since his first post, has seemed much less scummy to me, and who actually defended Ximbad earlier in
the page).

excuse me for using the wrong term. you were on the wagon, and your hop off the wagon is why I'm voting for you.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Ximbad's comment about the yanni wagon going nowhere definitely strikes me as odd. I agree it seems like he was going for a
mislynch and jumped off the bandwagon (to vote for the captain who, since his first post, has seemed much less scummy to me, and who actually defended Ximbad earlier in the page).

excuse me for using the wrong term. you were on the wagon, and your hop off the wagon is why
I'm voting for you.
Bumble bumble tower crumble

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 pm

I don't know how "Hahahaha What a guy!", indicates Yanni is the right wagon.

I have my reason for voting Manders. We are 129 posts in with her being pretty lurky. At least Yanni is attempting to post.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 pm

I don't know how "Hahahaha What a guy!", indicates Yanni is the right wagon.

I have my reason for voting Manders. We are 129 posts in with her being pretty lurky. At least Yanni is attempting to post.
I'm not questioning if you have reasons, I'm questioning those reasons. Hurr durr.

"I have my reasons for voting manders"

Really?

You mean it wasnt mindless or an accident? Zounds!

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm sticking with my PhantomS read for now. I'm less sure about KP because he tends to be a somewhat agressive person in general on this forum and I'm not sure whether that behavior is typical of scum in mafia. It just rubs me
the wrong way
You could at least try to be consistent in your judgment. Whether to meta or not is a personal thing, but if you're going to meta that kpaca is aggressive how are you NOT going to meta that I am?
well at the time of posting my previous reads i had 1. phantoms, 2. kp, 3. ximbad on my list of suspects. then, after thinking more, i moved kp down a slot. i think you are deviating from your normal posting style a lot more than kp so i guess it is a personal choice that i am making.
Do you think that I'm other than a vulgar/rude person? I'm generally less concise than usual when I play mafia, but the game calls for that.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 pm

i feel like you don't usually attack this much, phantoms

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:11 pm

I could go pull up examples of me being a dick to people, or I could just call you a moron grasping at nothing.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Have you ever seen him playing mafia before though?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Have you ever seen him playing mafia before though?
nope. this is my first game and i'm trying my best :)

maybe i'm posting too much but i feel like the rest of the people just aren't posting enough

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:26 am

I do find the string of imopen2 posts though...
You're missing a verb. What do you mean by this?
unvote: yanni; vote Captain Murphy

Yanni wagon seems too thin to go anywhere.

So far I like what teefo has to say, but he hasn't really brought up anything meaty.
well to be fair there is nothing meaty to bring up because 90% of people
simply aren't posting enough to get a decent read on them

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:32 am

It is suprising to me that there are no votes for Jones or PhantomS
kpaca literally always plays exactly the way he is playing right now

no idea how PS usually plays but i assume he learned somewhat from kp

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 am

Even a cursory glance at any mafia game I played in on mtgs will undoubtably contain similiar barbed one line posts to my posts in this game.

I'm sticking with my PhantomS read for now. I'm less
sure about KP because he tends to be a somewhat agressive person in general on this forum and I'm not sure whether that behavior is typical of scum in mafia. It just rubs me the wrong way
You could at least try to be consistent in your judgment. Whether to meta or not is a personal thing, but if you're going to meta that kpaca is aggressive how are you NOT going to meta that I am?
i should seriously read the whole thread before replying

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 am

noting: g_r and ximbad were awful quick on jumping on imopen simply for disagreeing with kp and ps

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:40 am

i am more suspicious of g_r right now because i feel like sinbad is just being weird and voting on people without any thought and i am not sure if he is being scummy or not but it's definitely different.

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:41 am

imopen strikes me as more inexperienced than scummy atm

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 am

I don't think that being aggressive is scummy, especially on day 1. On the contrary, I assume mafia will try to start the game with a low profile. Sure, experienced players may tap on that, but in that case I will say it's a null tell.

On the other hand, that "tag-team" accusation, to call it that, is making my "spider-sense" tingle.

can you explain how and why that makes your spider sense tingle? i don't understand how that seems so scummy to you

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:48 am

after re reading the thread it's obivous the imopen wagon is dumb and anyone with half a brain cell can tell he is just inexperienced, i'd look closer at the people voting for him because he seems like an easy lynch.

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 am

list of people who should post more:
killjoy
manders
n_s

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:09 am

Ximbad seems really adept at throwing around votes testing the waters, then removing them

FOS Ximbad
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:09 am

lol, i hardly meant that to be an accusation, just an observation that they came in immediately and addressed only to the small section about themselves and not the parts about
others.

it seemed like a teamwork job. do you have any thoughts on this?
I didn't catch any team work. Mogadishu agreed with one of PhantomS' posts and then they have both been interacting with Yanni separately. That's how I'm seeing it. Care to expand on your observation?

Vote:
imopen2
can you explain how and why that makes your spider sense tingle? i don't understand how that seems so scummy to you
The way he said it. Adding "interesting" and that emoticon instead of actually presenting some analysis as to why he thinks they are a team. It stroke me as trying to influence others' opinions. Scummy.

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:06 am

It seems more to me like it was an off the cuff statement from a new player who feels like 2 better players are ganging up on him, I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:04 pm

It seems more to me like it was an off the cuff statement from a new player who feels like 2 better players are ganging up on him, I could be wrong but I don't think I am.
this. maybe i was being paranoid but it felt coordinated to me. looking back at the posts it probably was not coordinated but it still seemed weird that they didn't comment on the parts of the post not directly related to them

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

HEY, MANDERS, YOUR LAST POST IS ON PAGE 2. :D

Postby Manders » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't have time to do a catch-up post, and I'm working until 10 tonight, so...maybe tomorrow morning or after work?

I'll do the best that I can.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Fair enough. I failed to factor in that this is your first mafia game.

Unvote

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:57 am

Ximbad seems really adept at throwing around votes testing the waters, then removing them

FOS Ximbad
Why aren't you voting him and only giving a FOS?
Fair enough. I failed to factor in that this is your first mafia game.

Unvote
So?
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 am

hello people should start posting

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 am

People are bad and should feel bad
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 am

can you prod everyone shalako?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:57 am

I'm here I'm just not sure what else to say...

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 am

What are your opinions of the 2 wagons?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:25 pm

FOS Ximbad
Because its just a suspicion. Not going to vote and unvote like that. Need to have more data for a vote
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 pm

FOS Ximbad
Because its just a suspicion. Not going to vote and unvote like that. Need to have more data for a vote
Why not vote him? Its not an empty threat like a FOS, it applies pressure
and he wouldn't have been lynched.

Or are you just on the fence or perhaps don't want to be involved in a bad lynch?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:57 pm

I assumed FOS is one level of severity below.

To me it means: I consider this behavior to be slightly suspicious, but I wouldn't vote for a lynch unless we are meeting deadline.

Basically what I expected from my FOS was to have something like "Hey guys, there is this thing I noticed, care to share more on this?"

Though yeah in a sense a vote could do the same, but Okay Then

Return to “Completed Games”