[Fedoras of Salvation] - White Knights ITT

Moderator: redthirst

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

[Furiosas of Salvation] - Beta Max

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri May 29, 2015 10:05 pm

This should be settled with a cs awp duel

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri May 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Keyboards at dawn.
҉

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri May 29, 2015 10:22 pm

This should be settled with a cs awp duel
I would switch out to a deagle and it wouldn't even be a contest.

that's not true i haven't played cs in roughly a decade.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri May 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Settle it the usual way!!!
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri May 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Salsa dancing

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri May 29, 2015 10:30 pm

The idea of doing a draft when you don't know the cards or the rules or the game is really funny
Why? Draft is supposed to be the entry point into the game. Don't have any cards? Draft and learn and collect. Just because man-children can't deal with someone learning doesn't mean it's wrong.
assume someone literally doesn't know anything about mtg, has never seen a card before, and then sits down to draft, cracks a pack and has to make a pick. that's the funny scenario.

but kudos for getting bent out of shape and yet somehow calling other people man-children in the same post.
Just for clarity's sake I wasn't calling you a man-child. It was directed at the people in Thrillho's story who complained about the kid.

That said, the only way to learn MTG other than sitting down at that table is if you know someone who will teach you. If you've seen the game and are interested in getting into it but don't know anybody who plays, but you're discouraged from sitting down and playing and trying to learn, then you're locked out. Drafts are the budg casist of the budg cas's. If the kid can't do what he did at a draft then you're basically telling him he's not allowed in the game.
My friend and I taught ourselves how to play with starter decks. I learned mostly how to play - outside of that first night with said friend - alone. Today, there's all of the DotP games to learn how to play.

Showing up and entering a tournament to learn how to play a game is ridiculous.
Once you hit competitive REL then I agree. But at FNM it should be fine to expect a little help from the regulars or organizers.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri May 29, 2015 10:35 pm

My assumption was that he entered a tournament for a game in which he was not sufficiently able to play on his own. It turns out I was correct.

I'm not saying the kid should have been yelled at. At all. Not once did I say this.

I'm not saying it wouldn't have been a great thing if everyone there agreed to teach him how to play. Obviously that would have been awesome.

I'm saying that it's rude to try to participate in something when you know before hand that you will not be able to perform without significant help from others, and that being "approximately 12" years old is old enough to be able to understand this.

As I said, it would be awesome if everyone taught him how to play, but that doesn't mean the onus is on them to do so. Any person who shows up to a game and doesn't know how to play is putting a de-facto onus on everyone else to do something about it. This is a rude thing to do. It's a selfish thing to do.

You're presenting a false dichotomy where you either need to bend over backwards and help everyone who wants to learn how to play Magic, on their schedule, no less, or you're some asshole man-child. It's not that simple.
you assumed this kid showed up and said i have no idea what i'm doing teach me or did anything to impose on other people intentionally.

he made a mistake while drafting (because he didn't know how, which apparently he thought he did--which is a simple mistake to make, he's fucking 12). i outlined this in the first post where i said he made a mistake and needed people to help him play properly, where one person did, and everyone else braided their ass-hair-tails in frustration while verbally accosting him.

you made the claim that he shouldn't be at a tournament if he doesn't know how to play. but it's not like he walked into a GP and said "ok but what is mana"; it's a tuesday night draft at one of NYC's limited magic-hosting venues. DotP, at least not any version I've played, doesn't offer a "drafting mode" and the DotP program doesn't offer any of the aspects of real life magic play that you can get aside from the very fundamentals of the game. the game doesn't even let you forget a phase of your turn or forget to let you untap or tap mana correctly (common mistakes made by new players that is impossible to replicate in a digital space). you're putting a lot of onus on a 12 year-old who wanted to do a new thing and who may never do that thing again because people were shitty to him for having the audacity to not have the grasp of the game they have.

do you understand why your comments draw ire given that publicly Magic players are traditionally shown to be socially shitty "boys club" touting bags of garbage?

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri May 29, 2015 10:39 pm

I feel like you're judging a 12 year-old with the expectations you've set for yourself or another adult you're interacting with.

Let me ask you this, when you're casually hanging out with your adult friends, how frequently do they ask you to play super heroes and smash their Buzz Lightyear into your Rowdy Rodney Piper while making explosion sounds with their mouth?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri May 29, 2015 11:40 pm

The important thing to remember here is that I did well in a daily so that influx of DTR fanboys is due any minute

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat May 30, 2015 12:29 am

any second now!
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Sat May 30, 2015 6:08 am

I find it charming that thrillho and Maverick love FoS so much that they choose to have their stupid cat fight here in our thread.
Sig by NBW.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat May 30, 2015 9:18 am

Well in their defense this has been historically the goto thread when you want to discuss about manchildren :V
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat May 30, 2015 1:31 pm

in case you want an opinion from the source material
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sat May 30, 2015 3:44 pm

So triggered! Here's why that's a problem...

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat May 30, 2015 4:20 pm

I find it charming that thrillho and Maverick love FoS so much that they choose to have their stupid cat fight here in our thread.
Is this really "our thread" anymore?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat May 30, 2015 10:05 pm

It's the only active non-mtg, non-mafia, visible thread on the entire forum.
FTFY

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat May 30, 2015 10:59 pm

The important thing is none of this matters and were all going to die. To removal.
Good luck everyone in Las Vegas!!

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun May 31, 2015 4:06 am

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sun May 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Cool deck ham. Any changes you would make? I think I might sleeve it up for the invitational.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sun May 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Also, why no bloodmoons?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun May 31, 2015 5:45 pm

Seems like an interesting deck. How has it fared into testing?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun May 31, 2015 8:31 pm

Seems like an interesting deck. How has it fared into testing?
:lol:

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun May 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Cool deck ham. Any changes you would make? I think I might sleeve it up for the invitational.
I've made a few changes to it since the daily, I'll PM you the list. (It has Blood Moon now)

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Sun May 31, 2015 11:06 pm

Discussion of the deck here:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2474&start=680
Check out my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/valdarith

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:08 am

Today I traded in almost all my standard stuff to finish my legacy deck. I'm going to stick to limited and eternal because I can keep up with standard. I'm an old man now.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:11 am

Why is everyone a tire afficianado now?

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:23 am

Today I traded in almost all my standard stuff to finish my legacy deck. I'm going to stick to limited and eternal because I can keep up with standard. I'm an old man now.
I'm starting to focus more on Modern myself. My new LGS hosts Modern FNM twice per month as opposed to the old one which was only once a month. The new LGS is actually a franchise of the old LGS, so the old one runs Modern at the first Friday of each month while the new one runs Standard, giving me three potential Fridays to play Modern, so I'm pretty happy right now. Add to that the fact that my new LGS is hosting the first Legacy tournament in my area in AT LEAST 3.5 years and I'm pretty stoked about the future of non-rotating formats here.

All that said, I have really enjoyed Standard over the past year. It's just been especially hard to keep up with the changes in the format due to it being so open, and that makes it difficult for someone like me who might get to play once or twice a month.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:34 am

Pascal Maynard just rare drafted a foil Goyf in P2P1 over Burst Lightning in the top 8. He was drafting a RW double strike deck.

BlakLanner
Tire Aficionado

Postby BlakLanner » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:04 am

Already qualified for the PT. Why not get the bling?

I have never been so salty from winning a tournament. Took down a Legacy tourney at my LGS today. Won a LED. Guy who took second got two MM packs. Pulled Goyf and Cryptic. Not angry in any way, shape, or form but what are the odds?
DCI Rules Advisor
MTGO/Cockatrice: BlakLanner
My YouTube Channel
BlakLanner is the boogeyman created to scare the little Standard players.
Currently Playing
Standard: [mana]RWU[/mana]Jeskai
Modern: [mana]RWG[/mana]Burn, [mana]GRWUR[/mana]Slivers
Legacy: [mana]R[/mana]Burn
EDH: [mana]RWGUB[/mana]Sliver Overlord, [mana]UW[/mana]Geist of Saint Traft (Tiny Leaders)
Current decklists are posted here

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:29 am

Not low enough apparently

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:30 am

On par with burn winning a tournament I presume

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:34 am

Back from GP Utrecht, it was half a failure half a great event :

We arrived on friday early afternoon to do some MM drafts/trial. They stopped the draft at 4:00pm due to a limited quantity of product and to assure there will be side-events on the next days. A LOT of people were just opening packs, dropping, pay 25e/50e to enter next event, open, sell the mythics, repeat.

On the main event I opened a pool of Karn, Clique, Spellskite, Liege and thought 15min about dropping for value but fuck it was there to play Magic. I made a happy player and received nothing but a Fulminator.
Started 0-1-1 wih my 5 colors funny pack with sweepers and Pupeteer Clique x2. Then managed to kick my opponents out of the main event during 5 rounds. Lost to 5-2-1.

On Sunday we totally rolled over the MM Team Trio, 5-0. We proposed the split to our last opponents but they wanted to play, to bad for them.
We discovered than in such event at Regular REL, you can switch deck between players at each matchs. That is fucking nonsense but it works well.

Also shitty prize pool, for 5-0 at Paris the prize was 2 boxes (not MM) per player. There it was ONLY 30 boosters per player.

To summarize : #makehistory #noproduct

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Pascal Maynard just rare drafted a foil Goyf in P2P1 over Burst Lightning in the top 8. He was drafting a RW double strike deck.
Weird how a guy wouldn't want to hand someone $300 in guaranteed money over for a removal spell in a draft format overloaded with removal spells.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Yeah, I can't say I disagree with the decision. He's queued for the PT for the next year, right? At this point he's basically chasing pro points for Worlds, but he knew he was on camera and that Goyf would be immediately recognizable, so why not pick it? It's a card with a story now and I bet his eBay listing will bring in a premium.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:44 pm

He didn't first pick the Shock variant? What an asshole!

:scrump:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:10 am

If it already triggered so much people on the Internet, I'd say this was already a huge success!

Plus it seems he is likely coming ahead by more than 300$ as a bonus! :thumbsup:

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:23 am

Why is everyone a tire afficianado now?
post-upgrade trauma.

Anybody wishing a Custom Tag can PM me and I'll give them a new one.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:24 am

On par with burn winning a tournament I presume
:glee:

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:48 am

Forced Justin to talk to Martell by calling Martell a dickhead as he walked by us in the casino.

Balance was restored to the force.
You gotta understand, I love the beatdown. I really do. I always have.

Beatdown is hard, though.

Patrick chapin

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:56 am

Remind me again, that Tom Martell guy, is that the guy who is a thief or a cheater?

Return to “Fires of Salvation”