[Fedoras of Salvation] - White Knights ITT

Moderator: redthirst

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby LP, of the Fires » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Just remember that when you guys do get in an inevitable fight she, by virtue of being a woman is liable to say fucked up things. If/when this happens, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Take it in stride, let her know how fucked up what she said is and that'll be good enough "revenge" trust me. Also, if you guys do have a fight when she comes back, that's not a bad thing because at least you'll be talking.

Other than that, good luck.
You gotta understand, I love the beatdown. I really do. I always have.

Beatdown is hard, though.

Patrick chapin

toddulent
Newcomer

Postby toddulent » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:36 pm

All this Modern talk depresses me. NO ONE at my locals cares about Modern. Every Thursday they have maybe two people show up.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Just remember that when you guys do get in an inevitable fight she, by virtue of being a woman is liable to say fucked up things. If/when this happens, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Take it in stride, let her know how fucked up what she said is and that'll be good enough "revenge" trust me. Also, if you guys do have a fight when she comes back, that's not a bad thing because at least you'll be talking.

This is true, no matter how right or wrong you are, it's always best to remember that you're just wrong regardless. Don't get angry (easier said than done, take it from a 4-time ginger veteran) and just pretend like you're really listening and taking in everything she says.

This will piss her off
more, but at the end of the day she'll also likely realize how much of a giant tool she's being by contrast. If she's screaming and yelling and you're just taking it, chances are eventually once the dust clears she'll be like "Wow what the fuck was I doing."

Worked every time with all of mine, and they were all redheads.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:43 pm

My lady left for very similar reasons. It's particularly maddening that once they start sensing trouble in the relationship, they'll endlessly analyze and obsess over it privately and with friends, but leave you out instead of asking for help. Sweet strategy, bro.

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:59 pm

This is true, no matter how right or wrong you are, it's always best to remember that you're just wrong regardless. Don't get angry (easier said
than done, take it from a 4-time ginger veteran) and just pretend like you're really listening and taking in everything she says.

This will piss her off more, but at the end of the day she'll also likely realize how much of a giant tool she's being by contrast. If she's screaming and yelling and you're just taking it, chances are eventually once the dust clears she'll be like "Wow what the fuck was I doing."

Worked every time with all of mine, and they were all redheads.
Exactly. As crazy as women are, they oddly know there crazy and if you give them the chance to here themselves they usually get. Granted, make sure you've analyzed your fault in all of this. One of the biggest ways a man earns respect is by taking responsibility for all of his flaws and owning up to them and while you should probably be saying she's right anyways(because that's how the game is played), it goes a long way when you're genuine about ways you can improve
yourself so that the two of you can make a more perfect whole.

You guys are married after so winning fights isn't really important so much as resolving problems so that you're fighting over different stuff in the future instead of the same old shit.

Growth and all that.

Patrick chapin

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Plus getting angry doesn't really accomplish anything anyway, so it's pretty pointless.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:08 pm

A thought experiment for you: what expectations does she have of you as a man and as a husband? Did she provide any hint that you weren't meeting those expectations? What are your expectations of her as a woman and as a wife? Did you provide her any hint that she wasn't meeting them?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:10 pm

A thought experiment for you: what expectations does she have of you as a man and as a husband? Did she provide any hint that you weren't meeting those expectations? What are your expectations of her as a woman and as a wife? Did you provide her any hint that she wasn't meeting them?
I'll ponder this while I fight off the urge to viciously fuck someone.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Nothing gets rid of the urge to fuck someone like fucking someone.

:sherlock:
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

lorddax
Tire Aficionado

Postby lorddax » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 pm

See my advice in this situation is different and odd. I go talk to my girlfriend if the wife is driving me nuts or she'll go hang out with her other husband if she needs to cool down in order to not kill me and claim my life insurance, and then we'll come back and have a long talk that usually ends up with needing to buy new toys at her shop the next day.

Do have to chime in on what Ham said. Knowing those expectations are key to a healthy relationship, as well as looking at your own expectations of her. If they haven't been discussed, that could definitely lead to some of the "where the fuck did this come from?ness". Communication is the number one thing in a relationship, and it should be easier when it doesn't have to be a sprawling poly web all trying to get words in ;P
Some men just want to watch the planes burn. . .and most of them are here.
FoS resident designer/codemonkey
MTGO:lorddax Cockatrice:lorddax

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:30 pm

See my advice in this situation is different and odd. I go talk to my girlfriend if the wife is driving me nuts or she'll go hang out with her other husband if she needs to cool down in order to not kill me and claim my life insurance, and then we'll come back and have a long talk that usually ends up with needing to buy new toys at her shop the next day.
:slant:
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Nothing gets rid of the urge to fuck someone like fucking someone.

:sherlock:
This is a good point.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Do have to chime in on what Ham said. Knowing those expectations are key to a healthy relationship, as well as looking at your own expectations of her. If they haven't been discussed, that could definitely lead to some of the "where the fuck did this come from?ness". Communication is the number one thing in a relationship, and it should be easier when it doesn't have to be a sprawling poly web all trying to
get words in ;P
Way to be a buzzkill.

Self Medicated
Tire Aficionado

Postby Self Medicated » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:52 pm

To echo others, communication is essential. If you guys don't talk, your relationship won't last. I've learned some valuable things in my 14 years of marriage. If she is feeling like you described, she probably felt that it wouldn't do any good in telling you. This probably built up until she couldn't hold it in anymore. At that point, hold on to your fucking hat, 'cause you going for a ride. The best thing to do in these situations is to take a dive. Apologize profusely, even if you don't understand why. Tell her things like, "I'm sorry for treating you like that. I honestly didn't know I was doing it. I can see how frustrating that would be for you." I cannot emphasize enough how important that last statement is. You need to show empathy. That you can identify with her. If there is one thing women are looking for, it is someone that actually
listens and agrees with them.

Just remember, marriage is about compromise. You both change over time to accommodate the other. This is all a learning process and you'll make it through. I've had fights with my wife where she has actually taken off her ring and given it back to me. It's fucked up, but that's how they play the game. Give her some time and she'll come around. Just be prepared to grovel. ;-)
SM, you complete me. :love:

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Ah, yes. I already did the apology bit. But she basically said she wasn't going to forgive.

Self Medicated
Tire Aficionado

Postby Self Medicated » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:10 pm

What was so bad that she isn't willing to forgive you?
SM, you complete me. :love:

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Well....damn.

Patrick chapin

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Ah, yes. I already did the apology bit. But she basically said she wasn't going to forgive.
Did you like fingerbang her sister at the wedding during the reception party or something? Nothing is really unforgiveable for the most part. Generally that just means "I'm really pissed right now and will likely hold this against you well into the foreseeable future." My ex wife STILL does this to me and we haven't been married for like three years now. :iiam:

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Uh, it was just kinda of a "this was a long time coming" sort of thing. Apparently she's been unhappy for a while about this that and the other thing and I guess I don't treat her as she would like to be. Not sure why she didn't tell me until now and just went straight to leaving, though. I'm still kind of confused.

Looking at the aftermath of last night, I just realized I put a huge crack in our solid oak front door, which would be kind of cool if I wasn't so down.

Thanks for all your support, by the way, guys.
Women have a tendency to avoid using linear logic the way men do. Whereas men see thought and logic as a straight line with a point A and a point B, women will start with point A and somehow end up at point E.

nAlso, human women are the only species on this planet that will go to bed knowing what they want and perfectly content with what they have. And then they just wake up the next morning completely fed up with their life and clueless as fuck to what it is they really want. Men are just caught in the middle of these hormone driven mood swings and bouts of indecision.

I'm not trying to bash women. My point is, it's virtually impossible to decipher what is going through a woman's head. As men, we can attempt to understand. We can pretend we know what's going on, but we'll never truly know. Hell, not even women know what's going on in their brain.

Kaze, all of this could be your fault. Or it's entirely possibly she's completely unhappy with various aspects of her world and you're just the scapegoat until she figures out how to fix her problems. I'm not saying any of this to hurt your feelings or pour salt in your wounds. This is just my fucked up way trying to help. I really am.

I know next to
nothing about marriage. Hell, my relationship officially self-destructed in a passive-aggressive explosion mixed with a bit of crazy. And weirdly enough, it was all for the best. Kat is still a good friend and we still talk to each other a lot....and do other some activities as well :unibrow:. But what put things into perspective for me was some time away to deal with myself and my anger and to find whatever it is/was that my life is lacking that's keeping me from being happy. The problem was, for a long time, my bad habit of clamming up and wanting to figure things out on my own was sabotaging not just my relationship, but my life as well. I wasn't communicating. At least not in the right way. How does marriage factor into this? Well, a cornerstone of a healthy marriage is supposed to be about communicating. It would seem to me that your wife opted to not communicate effectively, which caused a negative,
downward spiral that resulted in this fine mess. And a cracked door.

But then again, I know next to nothing about marriage. Or psychology for that matter. Or even Magic. I don't even know why anybody listens to me about Magic...

I just realized that writing this whole mess isn't going to solve your problems, Kaze. That's between you and your wife. But what I can do is be your clansbro and your friend and offer you my support. Whatever you need, man, just let me know.
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm