Primer: R/w/x Aggro

Threads from Standard formats since passed.

Moderators: Kaitscralt, zemanjaski, Christen

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:23 am

Last Time
Here is my first DE Report 6454960

[deck=MDU's Boros Legions DE Edition]Lands 25
2 Boros Guildgate
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Temple of Triumph
4 Mutavault
11 Mountains

Creatures 19
1 Boros Reckoner
2 Firedrinker Satyr
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Ash Zealot
4 Chandra's Phoenix
4 Stormbreath Dragon

Spells 10
2 Mizzium Mortars
4 Magma Jet
4 Lightning Strike

Enchantments 04
1 Legion's Initiative
3 Chained to the Rocks

Planeswalker 02
2 Chandra, Pyromaster

Sideboard 15
1 Flames of the Firebrand
1 Chained to the Rocks
2 Last Breath
2 Boros Charm
2 Boros Reckoner
2 Mizzium Mortars
2 Assemble the Legion
3 Skullcrack[/deck]
Sideboard Plans are in the videos, please comment, click on adds, like or Sub - it helps me get extra money.

Standard Tournament R1: Boros Legions vs Blackx Devotion (Daily
Event 6454960)

Standard Tournament R2: Boros Legions vs BG Rock (Daily Event 6454960)
Standard Tournament R3: Boros Legions vs UW Control (Daily Event 6454960) (he ran 2x Temple of Deceit for Scry and true high level mindgames - I thought he was Esper so I kept Mortars)
Standard Tournament R4: Boros Legions vs UWB Control (Daily Event 6454960) (he QQed so hard... at the end)

Standard Daily Event Report (6454966) Wizard Published my win here (looks like the cat is out of bag now....)

Sideboard Plans are in the videos, please comment,
click on adds, like or Sub - it helps me get extra money.

Standard Tournament R1: Boros Legions vs Bluex Devotion (Daily Event 6454966)
Standard Tournament R2: Boros Legions vs BG Rock (Daily Event 6454966)
Standard Tournament R3: Boros Legions vs Bx Devotion (Rank No.3 POTY Race) (Daily Event 6454966)
Standard Tournament R4: Split (he was playing Black Devotion, but since we were both grinders I offered the split)

I got another 4-0 just now, so that three in a row (I'll post it tomorrow)
Standard Daily Event Report (6454984):

Standard Tournament R1: Boros Legions vs Esper (Daily Event
6454984)

Standard Tournament R2: Boros Legions vs BW Control (Daily Event 6454984)
Standard Tournament R3: Boros Legions vs BG Dedge (Daily Event 6454984)
Standard Tournament R4: Split (he was playing Black Devotion)

I have one more 3-1 with this list which I'll post tomorrow, for now enjoy my advance report:
Small update!

I gave Lazerburn's list a go - while making it weaker by adding random janky cards (I did it in a fit of rage you can forgive that right? The list can be
found on the page before) and went 3-0 during Standard Elimination, I'll post those vids on Monday (which I think is your Sunday), I liked the 8-One Drops, 3 Dragons and 24 land curve but I found that the deck doesn't mulligan well.

Thus I'll be going back to my DE Edition List with one small change, I'll be trialing Temple of Silence as a 1x over the 1x guildgate I'm not sure if I'm willing to push it any further then 1x since I also running 4x vaults.

EDIT: LP how has the 2x Temple of Silence been going for you?

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:03 pm

EDIT: LP how has the 2x Temple of Silence been going for you?
LP is at the Invi in Las Vegas. He probably won't reply right away.

Purp
Tire Aficionado

Postby Purp » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Anyone know LPs real name so we can look for him on the standings?

yurp yurp

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:20 pm

@MDU - yes to help with OBS! I got Camtastic working fine but can't get anywhere with OBS :) Should be on later tonight (my Sat night your Sun morning so hopefully I'll catch you then :) I love the rage addition of SOTP :) Reassuring to know you have moments like that too :)

Re the list - great to see people getting results with the list :) Adding in an extra Chains and tweaking the SB makes sense but I'd def keep in the 8 1 drops as that's the main reasoning behind dropping the curve - if you miss the early hits you don'
t have the same late game that MDU's list does.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the awesome sig :)

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Lauphiette Kincey

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:05 pm

PTQ report - 5-1 probably ID in last game to get to top 8
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

montu

Postby montu » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

@ Montu: Why on Earth are you running Civic Sabre? It is strictly worse than a second Initiative.
I didn't have [card]Legion's Initiative[/card] going into FNM, so I threw in 2 Civic Sabre. I picked up 2 LI when I got the the card shop, and decided to play 1 CS and 1 LI. So, it's not like there was a lot of thought going into the decision. :)

The CS never saw play. The LI was decisive in 2 out of the 3 games it saw play. (The game it didn't was the one I lost against Mono Black Devotion, where I had LI on the board but no creatures remaining, 4 sorcery spells in hand, and
a flood of land. It wasn't pretty when he played 3 Desecration Demons in 3 turns.)

OT: I snapped this picture from a game last night. All I can say is "Holy Detention Sphere Batman!" http://imgur.com/xO4xcY5

montu

Postby montu » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Thus I'll be going back to my DE Edition List with one small change, I'll be trialing Temple of Silence as a 1x over the 1x guildgate I'm not sure if I'm willing to push it any further then 1x since I also running 4x vaults.
In the 12 matches I've played in the last 2 days, flooding was a far bigger issue than mana screw. (That's why I took out a mountain from your list.) I've never had an issue with not having a white mana source when needed.

I think you'd have to do a LOT of goldfishing to understand the effect of 1x Temple of Silence (a couple of hundred minimum). Either than, or run a draw simulator. (That's still on my list to do over the holiday break, but
it's a bit tricky with Scry.)

RaidaTheBlade
Tire Aficionado

Postby RaidaTheBlade » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Overall, I think taking out 2 satyrs wasn't my best idea ever. I would like to put maybe 1 back in, dropping a fotf... I want to keep the fourth chain, though.
- 2 Flames +2 Satyr?
That's certainyl an option, though I am slightly hesitant to remove it entirely since it does do good work vs weenie and pack rat.

If I did drop the 2 flames, I'd want to put at least 1 more into the sideboard, so I'd have to take something out for it.

Looking at the list, I think it actually would work out nicer to drop 1 fotf for 1 satyr, putting it at 3
satyrs.
The sideboard could stay the same here, and it still works out nicely.

Though if I were to have to drop a card from the sideboard, what do y'all think it should be? Cause right now I'm fairly happy with it.
I, for one, would like to welcome our new firebreathing narwhal overlords.

Purp
Tire Aficionado

Postby Purp » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Seeing all this aggro at the Invi has me questioning which list I want to play tonight!

yurp yurp

Tyrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Tyrael » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Go with burn!

;)

Signature by NerdBoyWonder

Currently playing/testing:
:symub: :symw: Control :symub: :symw:

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:59 pm

PTQ results:

Went 6-1 swiss (well technically 5-1-1 as I had to play last game, won game 1 and by the time I delivered last blow i heard from the croud the only 13 lost to the best 12. As me and my opp both had 15 points I said (after first strike damage from ash zealot ;)) if he wants to get ID. Why? Answer was really easy. Even if I get 1st after swisa, I would have played 8th player - the dreaded junk/midrange colmbo dck based on old junk arristocrat. This matchp is horrible and I am around 15%. After getting ID i finished 8th and played nr 1 player - mono black where I won in 3 games.

In semifinals I played against naya agro midrange, with elf, smiters, lions,/polukranos and dragons. We got 1-1 and in final game I mulligan to 5 on a draw after shipping following hand:

4 mountains
Chained to the rocks
Phoenix
Dragon.

I think
I should have kept this hand, and I might have even won(I had chained, temple ahipping land to bottom, mortars on top). He had really good draw in elf, polukranos, courage and dragon, but I had all the answers needed ;(

So ealisticly I went 7-2, what is funny loosing game 1 and top 4. In the finals I would have faced UW control. My opponent won fjnals, so I finished 3rd with 63 boosters. Bad part of it was the fact that I oppened 27 non-boxed boosters and oppened almost nothing ;( I will try to sell boz to someone.

Next PTQ is at 4 of January. Will work on RB, so please help me out there if you dont mind ;) Big boros is awsome thou, however I really dont like not having more than 4 terrors or free wins with pack rats.
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

Purp
Tire Aficionado

Postby Purp » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:04 pm

@Pedros - Congrats man! That's great. what list did you play?

yurp yurp

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:33 pm

The last MDU list that he did 4-0 with.

Lost 1-2 against mono u - mull to 5 in first game (3 mutavaults hand, 1 mutavaults hand, kept 5 cards that didnt do anything)
Win2-1 mostly boros burn - basicly a conflip, however I forced him to unload multipple resources to profect YP or kill chandra or dragon.
Won 2-1 Orzhov Humans
Won 2-1 Boros Humans

Both of loses here were after their very good draws (ajani with 2 brave or 3 brave).

2-0 Rg devorion - just destroyed him
2-0 BG agro
2-0 (technical ID) with gruul version of AIR - pump spells, cheap creatures, bloodrush. Funny part was the fact that I had dominant board presence for like 5 turns of draw go, but was at 3 life. To play around strike, I 0 chandra to get more lands while keeping mutavault on a block/duty with instant speed removal and last breath to/get back to 4 after strike. It came to a point when I tapped out for phoenix, he endsep flashed skylasher,
attacked me, I activated mutavault to block, he cast rangers guile on his skylasher to which I answered Last breath on mutavault. He then cast giant growth to prevent my last breath ;) after this turn I had lethal on board after casting dragon and 2 ash zealot. Everyone clasped after this game to my close play.

Matches might be not in order, will try to order them later and add my sb.

2-1 mono black control
1-2 Naya midrange agro I described in tbe post above. Mulled to 5 game 3 after bad decision to muligan first hand (4 mountains, phoenix, chained, dragon). Had to keep my 5 with 5 lands with 2 scry lands, didnt stand a chance.

Started a day with mull/to 5 and finiahed a day with mull to 5, perfect simetry.

Btw solid contention. Multiple people with finiahes in cash of GP or solid finiahes on prp tpur:

Staciwa (GP Wienna win)
Oerbek(top 8 GP Warsaw)
Another guy with top 4 GP Warsaw
Kopec (pro tour contender)
nAnd a lot more in money finiah in GPs.
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:36 am

Good finish man. Congrats.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:45 am

Checked the coverage, LP is 3-1 going into R5.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:07 am

If I recall LP is also running my list, I glad its working out for people and grats on your result Pedros (I think I have our PTQ discussion saved in one of the videos lols).

At Purp, don't run burn if you see lots of haste list esp. if your not running Anger (I can't see how it beats UW either) - I really find that MU to be a bye... its good for FNM though

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Zooligan

Postby Zooligan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:37 am

Just got handled by monoG devo. The Boros Legion list is pretty boss otherwise. Beat U/W and Esper pretty soundly.

What's the plan for mono G? So fast and the creatures are huge.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:58 am

Just got handled by monoG devo. The Boros Legion list is pretty boss otherwise. Beat U/W and Esper pretty soundly.

What's the plan for mono G? So fast and the creatures are huge.
Your not going to like this answer... pray... you'll need to hope you hit all your removals on time and finish them before Oozes drops (I think the MU is 45/55 and we don't have many options to improve it outside Shock or Anger).

Zooligan

Postby Zooligan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:35 am

Ugh. You're right. I don't like the sound of that at all. Wear // Tear could handle Boon Satyr while he's an enchantment, and the Bow. That might help. That's all I could come up with.

This is in paper at LGS, so if I ever want to grab the prize I need to be able to stand half a chance against it.

ibejaemes
Newcomer

Postby ibejaemes » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:12 am

Yeah I know what you mean, I played a friend's devotion gruul and went 4-5 I think. He blew my Satyr up once with a Caryatid + Boon, and a Polukranos + Boon when I traded a crackler + mortar.
And whenever I was gassed and he had bow out, while top decking for burns, he'll get out of burn range with bow life gain activation.

Oh btw, all our games were played pre-boarded.

Purp
Tire Aficionado

Postby Purp » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:25 am

Went 3-2 at gpt with lazer list.. Lost twice to BR aggro. Whip is too good

yurp yurp

Zooligan

Postby Zooligan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:35 am

Wear // Tear will help with that too...

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:46 am

Went 3-2 at gpt with lazer list.. Lost twice to BR aggro. Whip is too good
BR Aggro is a terrible match up, even with FotF :( If they hit Whip it is all but unwinnable :(

On the theme of unwinnable match ups, I'm currently 0-1 :( in my first ever daily :) G1 ran him over, all I see is land and a Thoughtseize. G2 T2 Witchstalker, T3 Gift and I can't deal with it. G3 Same. I Crack to save a turn and nearly outrace him but he has Golgari
Charm for my o/l Mortars :( I actually find losing to random life gain the most annoying way to lose. Give me combo or screw or flood, anything but life gain. I shall now make more coffee and go into R2 calm, relaxed and unruffled :)

JdubCT
Newcomer

Postby JdubCT » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:50 am

Ugh. You're right. I don't like the sound of that at all. Wear // Tear could handle Boon Satyr while he's an enchantment, and the Bow. That might help. That's all I could come up with.

This is in paper at LGS, so if I ever want to grab the prize I need to be able to stand half a chance against it.
I have good news for you! Boon Satyr is -always- considered an enchantment. Sometimes he's an aura, sometimes he's an enchantment-creature.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:13 am

Last Time
Here is my first DE Report 6454960

[deck=MDU's Boros Legions DE Edition]Lands 25
2 Boros Guildgate
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Temple of Triumph
4 Mutavault
11 Mountains

Creatures 19
1 Boros Reckoner
2 Firedrinker Satyr
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Ash Zealot
4 Chandra's Phoenix
4 Stormbreath Dragon

Spells 10
2 Mizzium Mortars
4 Magma Jet
4 Lightning Strike

Enchantments 04
1 Legion's Initiative
3 Chained to the Rocks

Planeswalker 02
2 Chandra, Pyromaster

Sideboard 15
1 Flames of the Firebrand
1 Chained to the Rocks
2 Last Breath
2 Boros Charm
2 Boros Reckoner
2 Mizzium Mortars
2 Assemble the Legion
3 Skullcrack[/deck]
Sideboard Plans are in the videos, please comment, click on adds, like or Sub - it helps me get extra money.

Standard Tournament R1: Boros Legions vs Blackx Devotion (Daily
Event 6454960)

Standard Tournament R2: Boros Legions vs BG Rock (Daily Event 6454960)
Standard Tournament R3: Boros Legions vs UW Control (Daily Event 6454960) (he ran 2x Temple of Deceit for Scry and true high level mindgames - I thought he was Esper so I kept Mortars)
Standard Tournament R4: Boros Legions vs UWB Control (Daily Event 6454960) (he QQed so hard... at the end)

Standard Daily Event Report (6454966) Wizard Published my win here (looks like the cat is out of bag now....)

Sideboard Plans are in the videos, please comment,
click on adds, like or Sub - it helps me get extra money.

Standard Tournament R1: Boros Legions vs Bluex Devotion (Daily Event 6454966)
Standard Tournament R2: Boros Legions vs BG Rock (Daily Event 6454966)
Standard Tournament R3: Boros Legions vs Bx Devotion (Rank No.3 POTY Race) (Daily Event 6454966)
Standard Tournament R4: Split (he was playing Black Devotion, but since we were both grinders I offered the split)

I got another 4-0 just now, so that three in a row (I'll post it tomorrow)
Standard Daily Event Report (6454984):

Standard Tournament R1: Boros Legions vs Esper (Daily Event 6454984&
#41;

Standard Tournament R2: Boros Legions vs BW Control (Daily Event 6454984)
Standard Tournament R3: Boros Legions vs BG Dedge (Daily Event 6454984)
Standard Tournament R4: Split (he was playing Black Devotion)

I have one more 3-1 with this list which I'll post tomorrow
Standard Daily Event Report (6454990):

Standard Tournament R1: Boros Legions vs Maze End (Daily Event 6454990)
Standard Tournament R2: Boros Legions vs Red FoM (Daily Event 6454990)
Standard Tournament R3: Boros Legions vs Bx Devotion (Daily Event 6454990)
[url=http://www.youtube&#
46;com/watch?v=JDOcwlXDVmI]Standard Tournament R4: Boros Legions vs Boros Devotion (Daily Event 6454990)[/url]

I have two more 3-0 SE's to post on Monday and Tuesday (29 QPs :D only 6 more till finals)

EDIT: Lazerburn resist the urge to run 2x Soldiers :D
EDIT2: Sounds like you guys all want to run 1-2 Wear // Tear, its not horrible so go for it (I never really had issues with whips since I try not to kill creatures, though that can't be helped vs Br)

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:30 am

Back from Testing Day. I was 5-2 for the day.

Round 1 w Laserburn's Bigish Boros vs Jund.

G1 Stick on 4 land with opponent at 3 life and dragon in hand, in spite of scrying 4 times and zero-ing Chandra twice.

G2 Draw nothing but land for a hundred turns. 13 lands in play when I die.

0-1-0

This is the first time I've lost to Jund this season. This deck seems to anger the red gods. I won't be touching it again.

Round 2 w Boss Sligh vs RW Devotion.

G1 Mana Screw.

G2 Deck works.

G3 Mana Flood with a 19 land deck (i was at 6 land...)

This deck is fucking terrible. I'm sure it works for someone, but that person is not
me.

0-2-0

Round 3 w My Big Boros VS RW Devotion.

G1 Curve out and get him.

G2 Control and get him with 2x Dragon.

1-2-0

Round 4 My Big Boros vs Junk Midrange.

G1 Curve out and get him.

G2 Whip + Shadowborn Demon. Eww. I overloaded mortars 3x this game and still lost.

G3 Curve out and get him.

2-2-0

Round 5 My Big Boros vs UWR Control.

G1 He has all the helixes + Assemble.

G2 Curve out and get him. Boros Charm saves the day from Wrath.

G3 Curve out and get him.

3-2-0

Round 6 My Big Boros vs RW
Aggro.

G1 Curve into Chandra + 2x Dragon. Get him.

G2 I flood to 16 land in spite of scrying away 5 lands. He assemble Assemble the Legion / Purphoros, God of the Forge combo.

G3 Control until 3x Dragons and get him. He tells me after he doesn't run mortars. :|

4-2-0

Round 7 My Big Boros vs BUG Evolve.

G1 Loleth Troll eats Magma Jet andLightning Strike, but survives. Whip brings back Zegana and draws 8 cards, which get dumped to troll. I see no chains.

G2 Control into dragon + 2x phoenixes.

G3 Get him with 3x [card:
2tbrgl3v]Mutavault[/card]. He tries to oveload Cyclonic Rift, but it does nothing to vaults. Get there.

5-2-0

Didn't win any prizes :(

OK, so I am settled on my list for the GP. I'll be playing this:

[deck]Lands (25)
4x Mutavault
4x Sacred Foundry
4x Temple of Triumph
2x Boros Guildgate
11x Mountain

Creatures (20)
4x Firedrinker Satyr
4x Rakdos Cackler
4x Ash Zealot
4x Chandra's Phoenix
4x Stormbreath Dragon

Spells (15)
4x Lightning Strike
4x Magma Jet
3x Chained to the Rocks
2x Mizzium Mortars
2x Chandra, Pyromaster

Sideboard (15)
3x Boros Reckoner
2x Mizzium Mortars
2x Assemble the Legion
1x Chained to the Rocks
3x Boros Charm
2x Last Breath
2x Skullcrack
[/deck]

VS Esper
-3 Chained to the Rocks, -2 Magma Jet
+3 Boros Charm,+2 [
card]Skullcrack[/card]
VS Mono Blue Devo
-4 Rakdos Cackler, -4 Firedrinker Satyr
+2 Last Breath, +1 [card]Chained
to the Rocks[/card], +3 Boros Charm, +2 Mizzium Mortars
VS Small Aggro (Pray to dodge this)
Last edited by Lightning_Dolt on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:53 am

I like this list Johnny. Good luck for the GP :)

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:04 pm

BTW Moving forward I would suggest playing with Temple of Silence in place of Boros Guildgates (start with 1-1 split), as scry is more powerful especially in a deck with 25 lands.
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:18 pm

Solid list Johnny very consistence, your SB plan vs Bx Devotion is very funny :rofl:.

@Pedros the B/W Scry land is ok but it costed me a game against Ux Devotion today since I couldn't cast Ash until much later in the game (had you use removal every turn) I'm still going with it as a 1/1 split mainly because I'm greedy as heck.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Solid list Johnny very consistence, your SB plan vs Bx Devotion is very funny :rofl:.

@Pedros the B/W Scry land is ok but it costed me a game against Ux Devotion today since I couldn't cast Ash until much later in the game (had you use removal every turn) I'm still going with it as a 1/1 split mainly because I'm greedy as heck.
That was a mistake. Edited.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Looks like LP got 5 wins for 141st.

vundo
Newcomer

Postby vundo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:18 pm

i scrub'd out of the invi. I played pyrodragons and went 2-2 but i feel like the list was very well positioned in the tourney. my friend used my list and 4-0d standard.

I played MDU's list that got posted on dailymtg 75/75. I went 7-3 and top 64d with some silly losses. Not that thrilled about the results but had a good time in vegas. I'll post a report later

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:22 pm

i scrub'd out of the invi. I played pyrodragons and went 2-2 but i feel like the list was very well positioned in the tourney. my friend used my list and 4-0d standard.

I played MDU's list that got posted on dailymtg 75/75. I went 7-3 and top 64d with some silly losses. Not that thrilled about the results but had a good time in vegas. I'll post a report later
Money for 64th?

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:36 pm

I could have sent you my SBP if I knew you were going to take my list - top 64 is still solid.

Still working on that 'master' sbp sheet, its in its rough stages but its fairly good esp. now that I learn a few extra things by playing it more.

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:22 pm

I only used your SBP in some matchups, as I didnt like some of the choices you made btw.
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:06 pm

So I finally got to play a proper DE instead of 2 man's :) I went 2-2 in my first.

Round 1 1-2 Vs GB Brew - Win G1 easily; I curve out, he seems to have no spells. G2 and G3 he plays T2 Witchstalker, T3 Gift and I can't find an answer. I might have missed a line in one of the games (still figuring out how to record them) as I was grumpy about the Gifted Stalker so learnt a valuable lesson.
Round 2 2-0 Vs GU Prophet - Favourable match up and my opp kindly misplays in both games.
Round 3 0-2 Vs GDevo - Nykthos nut draw both games and I just can't keep up. No complaints here.
Round 4 2-0 Vs Boros Devo - Curve out G1, go control and win G2 pretty comfortably.

Despite not going 4-0 I enjoyed myself so I played another :) This time I went 3-1 and get my first QP
:) Only 34 to go now MDU :)

Round 1 2-1 Vs MonoB G1 I curve out and remove his monsters. G2 A very long game with Whip pulling him ahead in the end. I may have misplayed a line but not 100% sure. G3 Assemble wrecks him :)
Round 2 2-0 Vs Burn G1 is close but a Dragon and a Phoenix give me the win. G2 he mulls to 5 and can't recover.
Round 3 2-1 Vs Mono B G1 I curve out and remove his monsters. G2 is really close but his 2 Pharika's Cure and Gary give him the extra life he needs to take it the turn before I kill him. G3 I run him over in under 2 minutes :)
Round 4 1-2 Vs MonoU G1 I deliberately make a bad play to entice him to over commit and am delighted when it works I happily clear his whole board with o/l Mortars, leave him with no cards in hand and wreck him :) G2 He plays much tighter and Tidebinder & Domesticate tempo and CA from Bident gives him the edge. G3 is quicker and Domesticate and unblockable Thassa beats is the difference this time. He Hybridizes my Dragon too :( He doesn't see a Master in all 3 games. No complaints here, good close games.

Very happy with the 75 and how the deck ran :) Really enjoyed the format too, wish Wizards ran them every hour :)

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:54 am

Nice win Lazerburn :smileup: since your playing in US peak hours I wouldn't be shocked if we see your list on goldfish in a few days or so.

@Pedros - which is why it was a draft, could you provide me with your suggestion?

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:20 am

I wonder if maybe Wear // Tear is more important than Skullcrack?

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:26 am

I wonder if maybe Wear // Tear is more important than Skullcrack?
If I was to remove a card for [card]Wear // Tear[/card] it would be Boros Charm since I value my abilities to interact with varies lifegain effects.

That said with your current list J_S cutting one Assemble is feasible since your running eight one-drops.

Return to “Archives”