Ragnarok Mafia (Scum Win) Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:01 pm

RE: Tubehunter vote - In games which he is scum, he seems to lurk a lot more and make posts that keep him in favor with the herd. I'm thinking that at least putting some pressure on him now will either net us a scummer or if he somehow is town, he'll feel the need to participate more.
Is there a completed game where Tube was scum that I can look at? I thought he was a newbie with me in KNM.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Z has clearly done a lot of reading at the mafia wiki, using terms like FOS and barn. He says this is his first game, so he's either trying to look super smart, hes naturally gifted, or he's being coached.[/b

Coached how?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Yay borked tags.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Is it your normal style to post no analysis and just parrot what others say Tubehunter? You're yet to make a substantive post in this thread. Actual analysis please.
He did that fairly frequently in Kaze's Newbie Mafia. He was town in that game.
He does it again in Bioshock Mafia and whereas in KNM is clearly from a position of unfamiliarity, in Bioshock his passivity and attempts to hide in plain sight are more considered. I'm getting that vibe here. Asking Ham to post more after less than a day (when multiple others had only posted once as well)
caught my attention too.

Unvote, Vote Tubehunter

Undoing my RVS vote; like Suga I would like to see how Tube handles pressure. If nothing else I want to see real posts from him.

@ Kaze. It might be hard to believe, but I'm busy with work + CFB + mtg testing + pippy (not in that order). Why are you so anxious for me to contribute more quickly?

[pedit]
@ ham. Yes, I've read the mafia wiki. I admitted to doing do in the sign up thread after Kaze recommended it. Kaze can confirm. I have not been coached.

@ rcwraspy. Go look at Bioshock mafia.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:06 pm

As Zem said, look at Bioshock mafia.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Z has clearly done a lot of reading at the mafia wiki, using terms like FOS and barn. He says this is his first game, so he's either trying to look super smart, hes naturally gifted, or he's being coached.
Coached how?
Fixed the bold tag.

Can't the mafia chat privately during pre-game? Coaching is one possibility I came up with.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Fun fact: Up until Pie first voted, there were 8 different people with 1 vote each!
Hinting at a double-voter...? What do you guys think?
It's a possibility, but I don't think that's what Iso was saying.
Please dont discuss ongoing games.[/
quote]
Bioshock Mafia is over...?
He's referring to another ongoing game. I never voted for him in Bioshock Mafia, I just thought he was scummy.
I just don't feel that Stardust is dumb enough to act so scummy. Doesn't make sense.

RE: Tubehunter vote - In games which he is scum, he seems to lurk a lot more and make posts that keep him in favor with the herd. I'm thinking that at least putting some pressure on him now will either net us a scummer or if he somehow is town, he'll feel the need to participate more.

Stardust is so scummy that he's town?

How many games have you completed with Tubehunter in which he is scum? Town?

---

As an aside for our newer players who may not know, or just players that are new to this forum (pie, I hope this helps):

search.php?t=1970&sf=msgonly&author=rezombad

The above link will display all posts in this thread from the player at the end.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:08 pm

I want to hear from ham ASAP as well

Rcw: what do you think of yanni ATM? Town or no?

Pedit:ham, what do you think of stardust? How about z?
I don't know enough about either player to make any real assumptions based on posting behavior. Stardust confused me by talking about a town MO. He pretty quickly got up to L-2 but didn't seem concerned. Either he's super cool under pressure or he knows that a mislynch could help reveal a scummy player on day 2.

Z has clearly done a lot of reading at the mafia wiki, using terms like FOS and barn. He says this is his first game, so he'
s either trying to look super smart, hes naturally gifted, or he's being coached. He was concerned how quickly the votes ramped up on Stardust without hearing from him. Any day 1 lynch is more likely to be town than scum, given no strong information.

I unvoted because it seemed like people were taking my RVS vote as serious. Kaze casting a serious vote seems to have added meaning to mine.
Ham, tell me more about the part in emphasis.

[PEDIT: Nath'd]
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:08 pm

So I guess Ham, TubeHunter and ? have daychat...

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm

>implying
I have read the article links on mtgs, can any experienced players recommend any other resources?
Pregame quote from Z.
I don't think him knowing about the game is enough to say that he is mafia with daychat, or being coached in any way.
Could mafia still have daychat? sure. But I dont think so right now.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 pm

Where are you getting the Ham and Tube connection from?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:14 pm

What suggests this?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Not necessarily. I made the same assumption (that mafia always has day chat) in my first mafia game (boondocks mafia, I was town) when i felt that two players were coordinating against me and people thought it was a scumslip. this is null imo
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:15 pm

>implying
I have read the article links on mtgs, can any experienced players recommend any other resources?
Pregame quote from Z.
I don't think him knowing about the game is enough to say that he is mafia with daychat, or being coached in any way.
Could mafia still have daychat? sure. But I dont think so right now.
I didn't imply Z was mafia aligned, just giving my thoughts about him in response to TH asking me about him and Stardust.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 pm

How would he be being coached now though? Pregame was over less than two hours after the thread was started.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Any day 1 lynch is more likely to be town than scum, given no strong information.
What about Stardust scumslipping all over Valhalla?

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Don't lurk Tubehunter.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Oh and Tubehunter left without posting.

:Sherlock:
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:24 pm

Is it your normal style to post no analysis and just parrot what others say Tubehunter? You're yet to make a substantive post in this thread. Actual analysis please.
He did that fairly frequently in Kaze's Newbie Mafia. He was town in that game.
He does it again in Bioshock Mafia and whereas in KNM is clearly from a position of unfamiliarity, in Bioshock his passivity and attempts
to hide in plain sight are more considered. I'm getting that vibe here. Asking Ham to post more after less than a day (when multiple others had only posted once as well) caught my attention too.

Unvote, Vote Tubehunter

Undoing my RVS vote; like Suga I would like to see how Tube handles pressure. If nothing else I want to see real posts from him.
I highly contest the claim that i haven't made a single "real" post. Also, I never asked ham to post more. Please think before you make claims that don't have merit to them. Also you seem to be distancing yourself from stardust more and more. Why the shift from "suspicious" to "Null"?

Also, suga. Why are we meta voting at a time like this? If you wanted to start a wagon based on something I did in this game go ahead. But excuse me for saying that it all feels very weak when you vote me for reasons like "needs to contribute more"

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Any day 1 lynch is more likely to be town than scum, given no strong information.
That is very confusing to me. He's either acting silly on purpose to draw information out or playing next level mind games to make people reading him as scum look scummy. The signal/noise ratio is low, so any read on him feels weak.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Also, I never asked ham to post more. Please think before you make claims that don't have merit to them.
VOTE: TubeHunter

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:30 pm

That is very confusing to me. He's either acting silly on purpose to draw information out or playing next level mind games to make people reading him as scum look scummy. The signal/noise ratio is low, so any read on him feels weak.
So him saying
basically 'I am trying to make sure my posts sound like something a townie would say.' is a next level mind game to you?

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:31 pm

also how you're so willing to accept his claim like pelase
Who is this directed at?
you
Ok, cool. In that case please quote where I accept his claim. Because I don't remember doing it.
"he's not confirmed town but he's probably town" or something like that
If you go re-read that, I actually said that nobody has done or said enough to warrant a confirmed town nod from me. In no way does that address his claim.

I know this is a game of reading between the lines, but that's a huge stretch.
but you said you think he's town iirc[/quote:
2llfa0bh]
Recall again.

Actually, here's the quote:
Actually, guys, I have to admit I like what Pie is doing. Not enough to call him confirmed town - nobody's done/said enough for that yet - but he's certainly getting the ball rolling. The town mindset here is that he's poking at everybody to see who flinches in a way he and other town don't like. Right now he's scumhunting more than most. The scum mindset here is that he's throwing mud on everybody to see what sticks to get a wagon going. And oh look, we have one on Stardust. Which brings me back to #2, above ^^
I said I liked what he was doing. Because it was getting people to post and that leads to information.

Then I said "nobody's done/said enough for that [call him confirmed town] yet"
the town mindset impllies you think he's town

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm

That is very confusing to me. He's either acting silly on purpose to draw information out or playing next
level mind games to make people reading him as scum look scummy. The signal/noise ratio is low, so any read on him feels weak.
So him saying basically 'I am trying to make sure my posts sound like something a townie would say.' is a next level mind game to you?
Everything here is next level to me, this is my first game. He's an experienced player, so I don't know why he would mention a town MO unless he's doing it on purpose.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Who is this directed at?
you
Ok, cool. In that case please quote where I accept his claim. Because I don't remember doing it.
If you go re-read that, I actually said that nobody has done or said enough to warrant a confirmed town nod from me. In no way does that address
his claim.

but you said you think he's town iirc
Recall again.

Actually, guys, I have to admit I like what Pie is doing. Not enough to call him confirmed town - nobody's done/said enough for that yet - but he's certainly getting the ball rolling. The town mindset here is that he's poking at everybody to see who flinches in a way he and other town don't like. Right now he's scumhunting more than most. The scum mindset here is that he's throwing mud on everybody to see what sticks to get a wagon going. And oh look, we have one on Stardust. Which brings me back to #2, above ^^
I said I liked what he was doing. Because it was getting people to post and that leads to information.

the town mindset
impllies you think he's town
I disagree, but going in circles doesn't seem to be solving anything. The entire quote is there for everybody to see. I also posted the scum mindset if you read the whole thing.

You're tunneling pretty hardcore here.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Also, I never asked ham to post more. Please think before you make claims that don't have merit to them.

Im baffled. How is that asking ham to post more? I just said I would like to hear from him.

Can we come up with some real reasons here?

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Alright since I can't sleep:

Town lean
Imopen - scum hunting, asking good questions, active.

Rezombad - obv town. Sup?

Null
Stardust - after the weird post #26 has explained himself well enough for me right now. Still very defensive, but given how quickly the wagon built up on him, I think that's understandable. Person of interest.

Lord McDonalds - not enough content yet

Yannaria - need to read again after this mornings flurry of posts; I'm too tired right now (also getting the evil eye), but probably town.

Inflatable Pie - some weird stuff going down, but could just be a town v town slapfest. Need to see his next series of interactions which should be very revealing.

Kaze - null to me right now; his aggressive style as either faction is so far making it difficult for me to guage. He's acting town, but that means little; he's clever enough to hide
in plain sight. The wagon stuff is null as it's in his style, but there have been a few actual scummy behaviours. Probably town but watch him closely.

DroppinSuga - lean town. Looking durward to seeing more analysis.

RCWraspy - getting bad vibes early but nothing worth delving into. For some reason him and ham feel linked in my head. Questions as if he's town though.

Scumspects

Hamfactorial - some weird comments, given what I know and how long ham has known me. He knows my approach to competition and my writing style, and my sense of humour, so the questions seem a bit artificial. I'd like to pressure him more, but my scum read on Tubehunter is stronger right now.

Tubehunter - see previous comments. Early play is reminiscent of Bioshock Mafia.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Who is this directed at?
you
"he's not confirmed town but he's probably town" or something like that[/quote:
h6qler3d]
If you go re-read that, I actually said that nobody has done or said enough to warrant a confirmed town nod from me. In no way does that address his claim.

Recall again.

I said I liked what he was doing. Because it was getting people to post and
that leads to information.

the town mindset impllies you think he's town
I disagree, but going in circles doesn't seem to be solving anything. The entire quote is there for everybody to see. I also posted the scum mindset if you read the whole thing.

You're tunneling pretty hardcore here.
:jerk:

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:42 pm

@ Kaze. It might be hard to believe, but I'm busy with work + CFB + mtg testing + pippy (not in that order). Why are you so anxious for me to contribute more quickly?
Because contributions are good?
First to mention Daychat.

Noted.
Oh and Tubehunter left without posting.

:Sherlock:
Do you find this to be alignment-
indicative or something?
Or he's just, you know, scum being scum. Occam's razor and all that jazz.

n
Would you like to address this obvious contradiction, TubeHunter?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:42 pm

Quit being a fuck.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Who is this directed at?
you
If you go re-read that, I actually said that nobody has done or said enough to warrant a confirmed town nod from me. In no way does that address
his claim.

Recall again.

the town mindset
impllies you think he's town
I agree, that's how I read that post. Rcw, do you see no spectrum between "confirmed town" and scum? Usually people say "confirmed town" only on the strongest of town reads and "leaning town" or townie or something like that if they feel someone is likely town. The fact that you said no one is yet "confirmed town" did not mean to me that you thought no one was at all town. What exactly did you mean?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Im baffled. How is that asking
ham to post more? I just said I would like to hear from him.

Can we come up with some real reasons here? ;-)
How about you not handwave an actual legitimate point against you?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Quit being a fuck.
You've played with yanni before, right? He's a fuck by trade

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:44 pm

@ TubeHunter
I just want to ask, why are ham and rcw aligned?

Ham has 1 post (btw post something dawg) and it seems like an rvs vote in every sense. I guess the only wierd thing is that its a bit late for it.
You were asking for evidence of you pushing Ham for content. Your jnteractions with him so far look like you're trying to build town cred.

Your behaviour since we put on ONLY THREE VOTES has been to go "I can't believe this is happening, this is so silly!". Please address each poster and their arguments, instead of trying to hand wave them away. You've only strengthened my scum read. If you're not scum, start making real posts.

Then post some real content. Outside of #58 you haven't.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 pm

@ Kaze:
- I find lurking then not posting a slight scum tell. Remember it's my first game, but my guy reaction is that if I am copping hear to offer some discourse in defence (see our interactions in page 1). What do you think?

- about providing more content; look I agree with you, but when I'm not at a computer, typing out slabs of text on my phone sucks.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Stardust, pie, your reactions to Tubehunter?

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Z: when I get my play production I have in an hour finished ill see what I can do.

I just don't want to post important shit on my phone

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:09 pm

No problem at all. No rush really, just don't disappear for a few days. Good luck with the production.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I see you Hamfactorial.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm browsing on my lunch break at work, reading through the posts by members I haven't paid much attention to yet like Yanni and rez.

Return to “Completed Games”