[Fedoras of Salvation] - White Knights ITT

Moderator: redthirst

photodyer
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby photodyer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 am

@LK - Please excuse my hasty wording (too many crazies around here tonight)...I didn't mean to say that the Open was non-competitive, but rather that "variance" seemed pretty broad when looking at a cross-section of the player base. Obviously LA would have drawn some strong players, but y'all tend to accentuate the uneven play of folks on my end of the gene pool. Of course, my whole experience was embittered by having to listen to Ceddy Piehole talk all over top of Sully and just in general remind me of the worst years of Howard Cosell...
Righteous sig by NBW

Skaldic Master of Fiery Salvation

Common Sense is now a Mythic Rare.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:18 am

Happy b-day Calamity!

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:27 am

What are your thoughts on this list by Owen:

[deck]Black Aggro[/deck]

I watched it take apart Monoblack Devotion, MonoBlue Devotion and Big Boros - I was his last Opp. but we split. Seems like a strong list, I have no idea how it would have went if we played it out.

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:55 am

@LK - Please excuse my hasty wording (too many crazies around here tonight)...I didn't mean to say that the Open was non-competitive, but rather that "variance" seemed pretty broad when looking at a cross-section of the player base. Obviously LA would have drawn some strong players, but y'all tend to accentuate the uneven play of folks on my end of the gene pool. Of course, my whole experience was embittered by having to listen to Ceddy Piehole talk all over top of Sully and just in general remind me of the worst years of Howard Cosell...
No offenses taken. I just thought I'd give perspective as I was there. Generally, I'm apart of the crowd trash talking the Open's, but I remember sitting down with my buddies and watching Huey, Efro,
and Wraptor all walk in together and sitting down in my assigned seat for the players meeting as Kibler walks in late, sits across from me, and starts sleeving his deck. I says to myself, "this should be an interesting open." I think it's even more telling that non of the aforementioned players cracked the top 16.
You gotta understand, I love the beatdown. I really do. I always have.

Beatdown is hard, though.

Patrick chapin

warwizard87

Postby warwizard87 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Hey guys just want to say I won't be around for awhile. I know I haven't been active as of late due to work and no events upcoming for me but I was still lurking. But I'm going on a long term hiatus. My home burned up tonight, I lost one of my two cats my roommate lost his cat and pretty much everything we owned is either burnt of severely water or smoked damaged. I'm at a friends house right now with my surviving cat and my roommate was in Cleveland this week end for a xonvention. I was at work. But as far as I can tell my whole collection is gone soaked through. Ill lurk when I can but literally all I have is a cell right now and I honestly don't know when ill be back to work to even use the desk top there. You guys are wonderful red brothers ill be back I just need to take a lot of time to get my head cleared and literally pull a phoenix from ashes routine here.
I swear to God, every thread we make falls victim to Godwin's law except instead of Hitler it's redthirst's piece.

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Postby Platypus » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Oh man...that's just awful... :(

I hope you had some insurance on the house/stuff at least?
Sig by NBW

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Hey guys just want to say I won't be around for awhile. I know I haven't been active as of late due to work and no events upcoming for me but I was still lurking. But I'm going on a long term hiatus. My home burned up tonight, I lost one of my two cats my roommate lost his cat and pretty much everything we owned is either burnt of severely water or smoked damaged. I'm at a friends house right now with my surviving cat and my roommate was in Cleveland this week end for a xonvention. I was at work. But as far as I can tell my whole collection is gone soaked through. Ill lurk when I can but literally all I have is a cell right now and I honestly don't know when ill be back to work to even use the desk top there. You guys are wonderful red brothers ill be back I just
need to take a lot of time to get my head cleared and literally pull a phoenix from ashes routine here.
Dude wtf? Who cares about magic next to that. Losing a pet I imagine is traumatic since it's a part of your family. We'll miss you around here, but it's obviously much more important for you to figure out how to get the ground under you. If ever you need to talk about some shit, feel free to drop in, but we'll all understand if we don't see you as you have quite the gargantuan task of figuring out what to do now.
You gotta understand, I love the beatdown. I really do. I always have.

Beatdown is hard, though.

Patrick chapin

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 pm

We'll be waiting for you when you get back mate.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope everything works out for you and things work themselves out very soon.
Check out my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/valdarith

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Holy Christ...I don't have words that mean a damn thing next to that reality, warwizard. I'm just glad to hear that you and your roommate are safe, man...

In all seriousness, let us know if there's anything we can do; I know that sounds all sorts of out there at the moment, but as things clear give us a yell if we can lend a hand.
Righteous sig by NBW

Skaldic Master of Fiery Salvation

Common Sense is now a Mythic Rare.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Hey guys just want to say I won't be around for awhile. I know I haven't been active as of late due to work and no events upcoming for me but I was still lurking. But I'm going on a long term hiatus. My home burned up tonight, I lost one of my two cats my roommate lost his cat and pretty much everything we owned is either burnt of severely water or smoked damaged. I'm at a friends house right now with my surviving cat and my roommate was in Cleveland this week end for a xonvention. I was at work. But as far as I can tell my whole collection is gone soaked through. Ill lurk when I can but literally all I have is a cell right now and I honestly don't know when ill be back to work to even use the desk top there. You guys are wonderful red brothers ill be
back I just need to take a lot of time to get my head cleared and literally pull a phoenix from ashes routine here.
Sorry man. That's terrible. Were your cards covered under the house insurance policy?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Hey guys just want to say I won't be around for awhile. I know I haven't been active as of late due to work and no events upcoming for me but I was still lurking. But I'm going on a long term hiatus. My home burned up tonight, I lost one of my two cats my roommate lost his cat and pretty much everything we owned is either burnt of severely water or smoked damaged. I'm at a friends house right now with my surviving cat and my roommate was in Cleveland this week end for a xonvention. I was at work. But as far as I can tell my whole collection is gone soaked through. Ill lurk when I can but literally all I have is a cell right now and I honestly don't know when ill be back to work to even use the desk top there. You guys are wonderful red brothers ill be back I
just need to take a lot of time to get my head cleared and literally pull a phoenix from ashes routine here.
That's terrible :|
How did it happen?

windstrider
Knight in Sour Armor

Postby windstrider » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Oh, gods. That is horrible. Please let us know if we can do anything to help. In the meantime, take care of yourself.
Searing Seneschal of Salvation

Cogito, ergo incendo.

sig by NBW

Yarpus
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yarpus » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:25 pm

I wish I could help you with some cash but 100$ is like 1/3rd of my salary. :/
If you need it though, hit me up.

warwizard87

Postby warwizard87 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks guys. Right now some close friends are helping out. Sadly had no insurance at the time. I was keeping just above water as it was. Your thoughts help knowing people have empathy still today means a great deal. Umm from what the firemarshall said it looked like a electrical fire. Started in the storage room under the over head light. He said it must of sparked or something and caused a slow fire that most likely would of burned out but it caught a mattress in there and mattresses are like gas. Going back today to bury the cats and see whar is salvageable
I swear to God, every thread we make falls victim to Godwin's law except instead of Hitler it's redthirst's piece.

windstrider
Knight in Sour Armor

Postby windstrider » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Warwizard — Do you have a paypal account?

Cogito, ergo incendo.

sig by NBW

warwizard87

Postby warwizard87 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:33 pm

One friend of mine started a account for donations if you wanna help private me ill message the link. I feel awkward spreading it around myself

windstrider
Knight in Sour Armor

Postby windstrider » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:35 pm

One friend of mine started a account for donations if you wanna help private me ill message the link. I feel awkward spreading it around myself
Yes, please do. I went through something similar and so did my in-laws. I know how important help can be at a time like this. I've got a little extra I can help out with.

Cogito, ergo incendo.

sig by NBW

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Damn WW. Yeah, if you need anything, just let us know. My cash situation isn't the best atm due to recent legal fees, but if you need some M:tG cards to take your mind off of shit, then I got you covered.

Btw, been through the whole "home burned down" thing before too - I know it sucks.
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Sorry to hear that, warwizard. Take care. Glad you're alright.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:45 pm

That's terrible, warwizard. You have my sincere condolences. As others have said, the most important part is that you're alive and well. I'd imagine that the cats are the greatest loss, as you can get everything else back with help from some friends.
Sig by NBW.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:00 pm

On a lighter note, TubeHunter is in the new corruption report!
Sig by NBW.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:59 pm

I don't even know what that is.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Bottom of the forum. Get with the program.
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Warwizard, holy shit, bro. I don't even know what to say. If there's anything I can do, let me know.
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

Self Medicated
Tire Aficionado

Postby Self Medicated » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Fuck. That's horrible warwizard. I know that we've never talked directly, but damn. My breath caught in my throat when I read your post. I can't... I just... Christ! I don't even know what to fucking say. It seems terribly inadequate to say I hope everything turns out ok. I don't really have the funds to help with money, but if you need some cards to help take your mind off things, let me know and I will see what I can do. Best of luck redbro.
SM, you complete me. :love:

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Yeah I read a couple and I still have no idea what the fuck that is.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:42 pm

I'd like to echo what SM said, and add that Magic was designed as a hobby; a way to take your mind off of other parts of life. That seems like something you need right about now. If you feel like it would help you out, take a look through my trade list on Deckbox and let me know if you see anything you want. I'm sure that you'd appreciate them a lot more than I would.
Sig by NBW.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Yeah I read a couple and I still have no idea what the fuck that is.
Have you ever watched the Matt Damon movie The Informant? It's that, but funnier because it's closer to us.
Sig by NBW.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Damn, today's set of corruption reports is so entertaining. I love the back-and-forth between our two watchdogs.
Sig by NBW.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:08 pm

That would explain why I'm totally lost.

Helios
Tire Aficionado

Postby Helios » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Thoughts are with you warwizard. If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask.

NerdBoyWonder
Tire Aficionado

Postby NerdBoyWonder » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Wow Warwizard. Saying "I hope things work out" feels insufficient. Seriously man I hope things turn around for you fast with you back on your feet in no time.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:26 pm

That was not intended as a jab and was mostly me just reflecting on my weekend.
always intend a jab
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Hey guys just want to say I won't be around for awhile. I know I haven't been active as of late due to work and no events upcoming for me but I was still lurking. But I'm going on a long term hiatus. My home burned up tonight, I lost one of my two cats my roommate lost his cat and pretty much everything we owned is either burnt of severely water or smoked damaged. I'm at a friends house right now with my surviving cat and my roommate was in Cleveland this week end for a xonvention. I was at work. But as far as I can tell my whole collection is gone soaked through. Ill lurk when I can but literally all I have is a cell right now and I honestly don't know when ill be back to work to even use the desk top there. You guys are wonderful red brothers ill be back I just need to
take a lot of time to get my head cleared and literally pull a phoenix from ashes routine here.
if you dance in the mountains, you sometimes get burned by the fire

my house almost burned down in july. i feel thee.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

lorddax
Tire Aficionado

Postby lorddax » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Damn it I have to stop being so damn busy at work. Peoples shit falls apart when I'm not around. Much love and support to you Warwizard. If you want to get back into the game holler at me and I'm sure I can whip up some sort of care package from stuff I have lying around.

Haven't gotten to flop in about two weeks now thanks to iphone app into "we need an ipad app!" into "hey do you guys do android apps?" fml
Some men just want to watch the planes burn. . .and most of them are here.
FoS resident designer/codemonkey
MTGO:lorddax Cockatrice:lorddax

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:21 pm

warwizard, I'm so sorry to hear that man. Please stay in touch with us if you need anything - especially folks to just listen/talk to. What state do you live in?

I've never been through that sort of a thing, but it strikes me that it could be helpful to focus on the fact that you and your roommate are alive and unharmed. The rest is tragic, especially the pets, but it could have been a lot worse.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

DocLawless
Tire Aficionado

Postby DocLawless » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 am

I was forced into homelessness by an act of god when I was 17. Being alive and unharmed is the important part to bear in mind, but that is undoubtedly difficult to keep in mind mid-crisis. I can only imagine that difficulty is punctuated by the loss of a pet.

Things will turn around.

In other news, tonight is the first night of what I'm calling "Ghetto Legacy" at one of my local LGSs. Here's the blurb from their Facebook...
  • MTG Legacy Format @ 6:30 PM
    -Entry is FREE
    -You can proxy the mana base

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:31 am

Inb4 proxy Legacy Lands takes the tourney down.

DocLawless
Tire Aficionado

Postby DocLawless » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:35 am

I wonder if they count Onslaught fetches and the Moxes as "mana base".

Return to “Fires of Salvation”