Dies To Removal Mafia - Game Over (Mafia Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

rezombad
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby rezombad » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:26 am

Also while the wiki is down you can google "cache:'url you want to go to'" to pull up cached mafiascum wiki pages
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:27 pm

It seems that every time I make a post from bed, I earn myself a vote. However, I can't see how anything I said could be interpreted as pro-scum. I really was just summing up events. After all, it seems like it helps us if the Day continues, right? That way, we get another shot at finding and lynching scum.
Sig by NBW.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:40 pm

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:
Rcwraspy (5) - Wraith223, Zemanjaski, freedom, DocLawless, InflatablePie
freedom (1)- GR
With 11 alive, it's 6 for a lynch

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:41 pm

Wait, can you confirm the lynch was ineffective?
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:43 pm

The lynch was ineffective. That's the vote count at this very moment.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:46 pm

So if someone votes him again? I am so confused.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:47 pm

No announcement?

Suga! Please confirm that rcw was at 6 votes for a time, yet wasn't lynched.
Good good.

So rcw is confirmed town. This calls rezombad's confirmed town status into question (especially given the miller addition), but we can deal with that later. He's still off the lynch list for today.

I will not vote freedom.

Vote imopen2.
҉

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Stardust, if I can use you as a demonic tutor for the moment, why is rcw confirmed town? Is lynch proof always Town? Rezombad suggested that it could be a mafia ability. I've never seen it before, is it like day vig, almost, almost always Town?

If yes, that does make Rezombad a bit suspicious I guess.

Imopen2 because most likely scum, most likely to give info, or just because he is the strongest player on your potential lynch list? Asking for both in game reasons and to learn tbh.

My potential lynch list is (if rcw is confirmed town): imopen2, hamfactorial for toDay.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Can someone answer this for me: does having a miller mean that we also get a cop, or could Suga have done this just to throw us off?
Sig by NBW.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Can someone answer this for me: does having a miller mean that we also get a cop, or could Suga have done this just to throw us off?
/ barn
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Yes, there very likely is a cop. Why so concerned with roles all of a sudden?
Stardust, if I can use you as a demonic tutor for the moment, why is rcw confirmed town? Is lynch proof always Town? Rezombad suggested that it could be a mafia ability. I've never seen it before, is it like day vig, almost, almost always Town?
I've never been in a game with a lynchproof before, but just think about game balance. Let's say the town has 1 vig. What happens when that vig dies before the lynchproof player? That guarantees a scum win. It's an imbalanced setup. I can't think of a game where a scum lynchproof works, so he's confirmed town until we see evidence of that impossible setup. He may be x-shot which could maaaaaybe
make him scum, but then we're into 95% territory anyway. I'm not interested in testing that right now.

I also forgot about hammy. Quick read of his interactions with the rcw wagon (specifically the end of this post) make this feel better. Where is that guy anyway?

Unvote, Vote hamfactorial.
҉

DocLawless
Tire Aficionado

Postby DocLawless » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Broken URL is broken.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks Stardust.

1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:30 pm

I also forgot about hammy. Quick read of his interactions with the rcw wagon (specifically the end of this post) make this feel better. Where is that guy anyway?

Forgot to link the post, apparently. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2064&p=161764#p161764
҉

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:39 pm

G_R who are you willing to lynch toDay? You've been relatively non-committal.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:41 pm

(which explains why he was so passive about having a wagon begin to form on him rather than try and stop us).
Bingo.

When Stardust started campaigning for my lynch I knew that he'd get it if he really tried. He's too good a player to not get his way when he wants it in a game with this many new players.

But I still didn't want to get "lynched" because I knew I'd have to claim and a confirmed townie is a good target for scum night-kill. So I very much doubt I'll live to make Day2.

It wasn't until InflatablePie made his second "if I die read this" T/S list that I knew it would be a good thing for me to get rung up, so I didn't really try to avoid it after that point. I had had a sneaking suspicion about Pie
from early in the game. I think it was the post "trying to improve my town game" that really set me off on him - it's exactly what Kaze posted in Ragnarok mafia and he was scum. So when he posted his second T/S list with me bumped up a notch, without giving any reason for it, I knew I should look for him buddying Stardust. And boy did that pay off.

Now, Stardust's role in all this is suspect too. But I don't have a "strong" read on him right now. The way this seems to have played out is either:
A. InflatablePie and Stardust are scumbuddies
B. InflatablePie is scum and buddied Stardust (town) to get a townie lynch and appear townie

Since both scenarios have InflatablePie as scum, I think he should be our Day1 lynch. Here are some quotes that demonstrate what I'm referring to:

First "if I'm killed" T/S list. He was on the Z wagon at this point:
I'm gonna try and post this type of thing occassionally:
Read In Case Of Death (1)
3. freedom
7. Stardust
8. imopen2

2. DocLawless
12. Rezombad

4. Hamfactorial
10. LMD

5. rcwraspy
9. wraith223

1. Zemanjaski
11. G_R
If I'm NK'd, or if everyone goes on a simultaneous heroin binge and shank-lynches me, please refer to the most previously updated list if you have no idea who's scum and town and need a starting point. Thanks.
Second "read in case of death" T/S list:
Read in case of Death (2)
reads roughly in descending order.

very town:
3. freedom
2. DocLawless

town:
7. Stardust
12. Rezombad
8. imopen2
9. wraith223
4. Hamfactorial

null:
10. LMD
rcwraspy

scum:
1. Zemanjaski
11. G_R
This seems far too forced to not be a scumbuddy interaction:
I think rcwraspy is scum. Discuss!
no
No, he's not scum, or no, you don't want to discuss it?
yes
And it was very closely followed by this. This
could be busing if they're teammates, but either way he quickly went from "rcw's not scum" to "yeah sure but develop it so I don't look bad just following you with no explanation":
Stardust, why are you wanting to kick up discussion on rcw when we have plenty of information in front of us at the moment?

I'm not exactly opposed, but I'm not liking you wanting to kickstart a conversation without offering any sort of content yourself first. Seems like you're just trying to be distracting.
He was still pushing the Z wagon at this point because it was the best lynch opportunity he had at the time. When Z was killed he switched to GR, his other "scum read" before Stardust started on me hardcore. Then we get this. So out of the blue I've gone from "no" to "you do the work,
Stardust, then I'll jump on" to "yeah RCW's totes scum d00dz" after Stardust posted the very weak case on me.
That leaves hamfactorial, rcwraspy, imopen2, LMD and G_R as our possible scum. These are our only possible lynch options today. Cases on anyone else will be ignored. If I'm right that all three scum are within those five (I'm more sure of this than I have been in a long time), lynching them (in any order) will seal our win since we'll be losing on the third mislynch (assuming I'm right about the current 8/3 split). So... let's do that?

What do you think of that list, Pie? Legit?

After reading through all five players, I
think we should start with one of rcw, hamfactorial, or imopen2. Who's with me?
Looks good to me. I'd put imopen and LMD on the backburner myself. So my vote's for rcw/ham/GR.

I'll go case those three tomorrowish (or tonight after I get off work) to see the most likely scum and hopefully have enough time/productivity to do the other two before a lynch.
Not to mention the obvious communication between the two. Either scumbuddies not caring about how it looks or he had buddied Stardust just enough that Stardust had him as town. Or Stardust was just trying to get a reaction, but I'd cross that one off since they both ended up voting me. And InflatablePie with the hammer, no less.

And here's my full T/S list:
Town
2. DocLawless
5. rcwraspy (duh)
Pure Null
3. freedom
8. imopen2
10. LMD replaced by Zemanjaski (no idea)
Null Leaning Scum
4. Hamfactorial
9. wraith223
11.G_R
12. Rezombad
Scum
7. Stardust (null leaning scum but here just for
posterity's sake)
6. InflatablePie (strongest scum read)

vote: InflatablePie
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:44 pm

rcwraspy and doclawless should be flipped in my T/S list, and Rezombad should be first in the "null leaning scum" section. Poor editing. Here's the corrected version:
Town
5. rcwraspy (duh)
2. DocLawless

Pure Null
3. freedom
8. imopen2
10. LMD replaced by Zemanjaski (no idea)

Null Leaning Scum
12. Rezombad
4. Hamfactorial
9. wraith223
11.G_R

Scum
7. Stardust (null leaning scum but here just for posterity's sake)
6. InflatablePie (strongest scum read)
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Can you explain your positioning of Rez and wraith for me? You've explained the rest already.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:47 pm

G_R who are you willing to lynch toDay? You've been relatively non-committal.
Freedom. imopen2 would be a distant second. I don't have any strong reads on Ham, either way.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:50 pm

So rcw is confirmed town. This calls rezombad's confirmed town status into question (especially given the miller addition), but we can deal with that later. He's still off the lynch list for today.
Let me go into more detail here for a sec to help you guys interpret what this means in later days. rcw is confirmed town, especially if he's fully lynch proof. If it's an x-shot thing, he's still very very very likely town. If he's acting super shady, you guys can make him confirm this later and put it to the test.

But he's a miller. How does that change things? Miller is usually a bad thing for the town. Often people will claim miller early on because if they ever do get copped, claiming miller after the fact will get them lynched immediately.
This downside is obviously mitigated by his unlynchable nature. In that case, the only bad thing happening is that the cop outed themselves (still bad, but that leaves two confirmed townies which is actually really powerful).

So rcw's role is net postive by a fair margin, mostly because he's now confirmed town. What better way to balance this than by giving the scum a vig shot! So why not lynch rezombad now?
1) This is modgaming, which is dangerous if used without other evidence.
2) He may have multiple shots. rezombad, do not confirm this now. If rezombad has multiple shots, he's town. If he only has one, he may be scum. That's the main thing I wanted to get across here and is the reason why he's above suspicion until Day 2.

/modgaming
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:57 pm

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=163360#p163360:1sqvfs7t]zemanjaski » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:46 am[/url:1sqvfs7t]":1sqvfs7t]Can you explain your positioning of Rez and wraith for me? You've explained the rest already.[/quote:1sqvfs7t]
Wraith hinted at a scum day-chat, which is only something that scum would know about - especially coming from a noobie player. I highlighted that late last night.

Rezombad has never really answered why he wanted to shoot Z. A lot of people were on the Z wagon and it's not unfathomable by any means, but the complete lack of accountability/explanation afterwards doesn't sit right with me. Add to that my PR, which only I knew at the time, and his role can be read as much less "confirmed town" than others implying.

(PEdit: Stardust hit on the rezombad dayvig town v. scum thing already)

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Now that's how you town-post. Where was this rcw a minute ago?

I did have Pie as town. I asked his input both because he's an experienced player and because I wanted him to commit to those same reads. "I'd put imopen and LMD on the backburner myself. So my vote's for rcw/ham/GR." I'm glad you brought this us, because immediately following your lynch, he went after LMD (zemanjaski). Not to mention that his hammer was the scummiest thing to happen all game.

I'm in. Unvote, Vote InflatablePie.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:02 pm

I'll go case those three tomorrowish (or tonight after I get off work) to see the most likely scum and hopefully have enough time/productivity to do the other two before a lynch.
Conflict in mindset later in that same post too. Hopes to have enough time to case his suspects. Then speedlynches as soon as he's given the opportunity.
҉

DocLawless
Tire Aficionado

Postby DocLawless » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Unvote, Vote InflatablePie for the pressure, so I'm not the one bringing it to L-1 this time.

I read through Kaze's Newbie Mafia, where Tube was lynched at the end. It was a lynch that Raspy, playing scum, pulled the trigger on because town brought the vote to L-1. This kinda felt like the same thing.

DocLawless
Tire Aficionado

Postby DocLawless » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:36 pm

If Pie flips scum we're going to have to listen to Wraith say "I told you so". :flame:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Can you explain your positioning of Rez and wraith for me? You've explained the rest already.
Wraith hinted at a scum day-chat, which is only something that scum would know about - especially coming from a noobie player. I highlighted that late last night.
I read that half-asleep last (irl) night and didn't remember it this (irl) morning. Thanks for bringing it up again. Wraith would be my third candidate for a lynch, based on that. Maybe I'd be willing to lynch him before imopen2.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Unvote, Vote InflatablePie for the pressure, so I'm not the one bringing it to L-1 this time.

I read through Kaze's Newbie Mafia, where Tube was lynched at the end. It was a lynch that Raspy, playing scum, pulled the trigger on because town brought the vote to L-1. This kinda felt like the same thing.
What pressure are you referring to, Doc?

DocLawless
Tire Aficionado

Postby DocLawless » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Same pressure we were trying to apply to you before the hammer got dropped. I read a few threads on Mafiascum where people were saying that once a lynch gets up to L-2 or L-1 the target starts playing
differently. Same logic as is behind how a Magic player plays differently once they're in burn range. Those "now or never" plays are usually pretty telling.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Rereading the weekend

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Stardust
Stardust, why are you wanting to kick up discussion on rcw when we have plenty of information in front of us at the moment?

I'm not exactly opposed, but I'm not liking you wanting to kickstart a conversation without offering any sort of content yourself first. Seems like you're just trying to be distracting.
Because you were going after a townie and someone I have
no interest in voting for. Yes, I am offering up another (hopefully better) option. My reasoning for leaving it vague was because you were leaving the GR case vague. I wanted to see who picked up my bait vs. yours, thinking that might be telling in the coming Days. I think we're both trying to be too clever for our own good.
Waiting to hear more on this from Pie. There are a lot of passive players in this game, and a few players who are clearly willing to push the action. I would like to see more pressure put on Raspy or Hamfactorial, maybe running up to a lynch. I am not satisfied with Raspy's responses so far, and I am concerned by the hollowness of Ham's questions, his unwillingness to actually analyze and his fence sitting. These are all minor scum tells individually, but that it has been more than a week since he said he would start contributing and has still not done so, while keeping busy with posts that contain go-nowhere questions make it look like he is just
trying to "hide in the open" to me. Thoughts?
I agree. I think hammy is probably scum.

Later in the same post you call Pie and I confirmed town. Does the fact that we're both fairly experienced not scare you at all?

Also, anything that he posts that has something in common with what LMD said should be looked at extra carefully.
What would you be looking for here? Can you give some examples?
I will not that Pie and SD put their reputations on the line calling Freedom Town.
At the risk of making myself appear more scummy, I was doing some thinking on this over the weekend which this just reminded me
of. Scum can get away with certainty since they don't care if they're wrong. While I'm not thinking about my reputation when making these calls, I am thinking about the long game where I hope you guys will be reading over my posts to get thoughts from someone who's confirmed town (because I'll be dead). I need to try to be as right as possible, and I actually am extremely sure about those town reads. Pie has been extremely certain too (and with a broader number of players), but I don't think he's shown the same motivations for that certainty, which had me doubting his towniness. Too bad I didn't remember that thought until now, but better late than never! :sweat:
imopen! Why did you say that my "looking into" Pie seemed like I thought he
was scum? I just reread it and I call him town more often than I call him scum. I feel like you're twisting what I was shooting for into something it's not.

Pie! Why didn't you tell me you're town repeatedly like I asked you to in me read through post?
imopen and Pie! You guys should answer these questions.

viewtopic.php?p=163180#p163180 - Don't ask me questions about this link. Just saving it for later.

hmm, unlynchable miller? I am always suspicious of miller claims but if he really is unlynchable then we have nothing else we can do with him toDay. I agree that if he is town, he will be a likely NK target. that may play to our advantage though...
nWhat do you think of rcw now? Seems you're thinking about this from the mafia's perspective.
Rcw, what is your characters name?
Why is that relevant?
I pretty much dont believe rcw's claim.
How about now?
Okay, so town got a miller, a doctor and a vigilante. This seems pretty powerful, and makes me afraid of how much Suga powered up the scum team.
What are you basing this on?
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Same pressure we were trying to apply
to you before the hammer got dropped. I read a few threads on Mafiascum where people were saying that once a lynch gets up to L-2 or L-1 the target starts playing differently. Same logic as is behind how a Magic player plays differently once they're in burn range. Those "now or never" plays are usually pretty telling.
While that's true, you should never vote for someone unless you think they're scum. Pie is scum, right?
҉

DocLawless
Tire Aficionado

Postby DocLawless » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:01 pm

I read through Kaze's Newbie Mafia, where Tube was lynched at the end. It was a lynch that Raspy, playing scum, pulled the trigger on because town brought the vote to
L-1. This kinda felt like the same thing.
Same pressure we were trying to apply to you before the hammer got dropped. I read a few threads on Mafiascum where people were saying that once a lynch gets up to L-2 or L-1 the target starts playing differently. Same logic as is behind how a Magic player plays differently once they're in burn range. Those "now or never" plays are usually pretty telling.
While that's true, you should never vote for someone unless you think they're scum. Pie is scum, right?
That's a good point. Unvote for now. I'm leaning yes, and my gut was telling me yes, but it deserves a re-read knowing now that Raspy has an unlynchable role. Will need to review.

There are a ton of different opinions and theories on this game. I'm still developing my own.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Ok...got up this morning for my doughnut and cranberry canada dry and to see what happened. Can I say massive cluster fuck? Rcwraspy is a miller and unlynchable? WTF is a miller?

There was a short attack on InflateablePie and no one except Doc recognized me for it (thanks doc :smileup: )? I was on his case for ages! What evidence do you idgets look for in players for scum...Whether they put the toilet paper in the fridge? I laid out why InflateablePie was sum way earlier and no one listened. Now you guys back off? I have been around preppy cheerleaders with more decisive thinkning than some of you.

@G_R, what makes you think I am scum besides "he is on my list". Try to use logic, i won't hurt. Ask me questions, I have responded everytime.

@rcwraspy, WTF is day chat that distingueshes me as scum?

For a first game, this sucks. I am going back to my original evidence that Inflateablepie is scum. I can only believe what Suga has to say since any of you could and are lying your ass off on rcwraspy. Since we did not actually lynch Rcwraspy; I won't know whether he is a miller(?). Just stupid shit out of nowhere.

Unvote, Vote InflateablePie
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Must be nice to do nothing, badly fuck up, then go back to doing nothing knowing you won't be lynched or NK'd. Can you at least try to help?
Is this you trying to set me up for a mislynch later? Or are you just being petty because you got shot for being scummy as fuck?
What about rcw being unlynchable makes me suspicious?
-----

@MOD: Iso, Cursed_Pride, and Witchhunt were signed up to replace in. You didn't even put the word out that you were seeking a replacement.
-----
So rcw is confirmed town. This calls rezombad's confirmed
town status into question (especially given the miller addition)
How does rcw being unlynchable change your read on me? How does a miller claim from another player effect your read on me?

-----

vote stardust

Something about his play this game has been off to me, because he normally really gets under my skin, but he hasn't this game. I'm not big on meta, but this is kind of an indicator to me that he might be worth looking into.

Vote rcwraspy.
He made a case against rcw a few days prior (#439) but didnt vote rcw until the wagon was already rolling.
Unvote. rcw,
please claim.
unvotes after there have been 6 votes put on rcw but before rcw claimed.

I will not vote freedom.

Vote imopen2.
Throws more doubt my way, when I started out as 'confirmed town based on role alone'.
I've never been in a game with a lynchproof before, but just think about game balance. Let's say the town has 1 vig. What happens when that vig dies before the lynchproof player? That guarantees a scum win. It's an
imbalanced setup. I can't think of a game where a scum lynchproof works, so he's confirmed town until we see evidence of that impossible setup. He may be x-shot which could maaaaaybe make him scum, but then we're into 95% territory anyway. I'm not interested in testing that right now.

information instead of analysis, and when a vote for imopen doesn't get more votes he switches to hamfactorial.
So rcw's role is net postive by a fair margin, mostly because he's now confirmed town. What better way to balance this than by giving the scum a vig shot! So why not lynch rezombad
now?
1) This is modgaming, which is dangerous if used without other evidence.
2) He may have multiple shots. rezombad, do not confirm this now. If rezombad has multiple shots, he's town. If he only has one, he may be scum. That's the main thing I wanted to get across here and is the reason why he's above suspicion until Day 2.

/modgaming
Here, we see dusty preparing for a rezombad mislynch. He describes a reason for lynching me as 'only being one-shot'
A Lynchproof player is a player who is resistant to being lynched. This is very often one-shot, as complete immunity to the lynch prevents players who cannot kill as a function of their role (i.e. Vigilantes) from killing the Lynchproof player.
Upon being lynched, a Lynchproof player will not flip (unless they actually die).
Lynchproof is a rare role that is generally only seen in role madness games. It has been known to be of any alignment; however, Lynchproof scum are very difficult to deal
with under normal conditions.
Lynchproof roles generally only appear where they fit flavor. In Town hands, its power is only moderate, but in scum hands, it's very powerful (pending how necessary the lynch is for players to get killed in general).
Alignment: Varies

I did have Pie as town. I asked his input both because he's an experienced player and because I wanted him to commit to those same reads. "I'd put imopen and LMD on the backburner myself. So my vote's for rcw/ham/GR." I'm glad you brought this us, because immediately following your lynch, he went after LMD (zemanjaski). Not to mention that his hammer was the scummiest thing to happen all game.

Hey look, stardust jumping for the fourth time in less than 12 hours. Using pie's suspicion of z as weak pretense. That hammer would have been scummy had rcw flipped scum. It does him no good to quicklynch a townie day1 as scum.

-----

@rcw: what is your name?
-----
@stardust: it's relevant because I want to know. Between trying to figure out how many vig shots I have and that, your fishing is starting to bother me.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:23 pm

@rezombad, I was hinting or flat out saying that the flip floping was weird. Was told "I don't get it". Thank you for saying Stardust is sum.

I have the gut feeling InflateablePie, Stardust, and G_R are working together. IP and Dusty have been making the decisional waves the entire game (except for Zem but he was killed and now seems wrongly ignored). I don't get G_R. His evidence is no where to be seen on his votes.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:29 pm

You're not paying attention to this game, rezombad. You also come to some pretty bizarre conclusions about my motivations for jumping around.
He made a case against rcw a few days prior (#439) but didnt vote rcw until the wagon was already rolling.
I did, then the daykill happened which apparently reset the votes. This was discussed by multiple players.
Unvote. rcw, please claim.
nunvotes after there have been 6 votes put on rcw but before rcw claimed.
I like playing it safe around lynches. I thought I was taking him from L-1 to L-2 and asked for a claim, thinking we lynched at 7. When Pie said "That's a lynch" I just about asked whether or not he was claiming double-voter, but figured that question wouldn't benefit the town either way.

I will not vote freedom.

Vote imopen2.
Throws more
doubt my way, when I started out as 'confirmed town based on role alone'.
You yourself said that scum daykillers are a possibility (having just gotten off a game where you were one). Saying later that "Here, we see dusty preparing for a rezombad mislynch. He describes a reason for lynching me as 'only being one-shot'" is a gross misrepresentation. Given the information we now have, you are no longer confirmed town.
I've never been in a game with a lynchproof before, but just think about game balance. Let's say the town has 1 vig. What happens when that vig dies before the lynchproof player? That guarantees a scum win. It's an imbalanced setup. I can't
think of a game where a scum lynchproof works, so he's confirmed town until we see evidence of that impossible setup. He may be x-shot which could maaaaaybe make him scum, but then we're into 95% territory anyway. I'm not interested in testing that right now.

information instead of analysis, and when a vote for imopen doesn't get more votes he switches to hamfactorial.
What does this even mean?
1) The "information" is revolving around your confirmed town status. That status was based entirely on modgaming, and is now questionable (based entirely on modgaming).
2) My imopen vote lasted for... 18 minutes. What was my motivation for switching again?

Hey look, stardust jumping for the fourth time in less than 12 hours. Using pie's suspicion
of z as weak pretense. That hammer would have been scummy had rcw flipped scum. It does him no good to quicklynch a townie day1 as scum.
lolwut? Like, I never say that, but you are making no sense.
1) Third time, in less than 2 hours.
2) Explain to me why Pie's sudden suspicion of Z is scummy. Why do you think I picked that out as a scum tell?
3) Lynching townies is a scum player's MO. You're suggesting that rcw turning town proves Pie is town as well? Explain.
@stardust: it's relevant because I want to know. Between trying to figure out how many vig shots I have and that, your fishing is starting to bother me.
Remember when I said, "rezombad, do not confirm this now"? How is this fishing?

And... you're accusing me of fishing because I don't
want to know rcw's name?

You're high right now, right?
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:36 pm

You're not paying attention to this game, rezombad.
Lol, scum.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:37 pm

A Lynchproof player is a player who is resistant to being lynched. This is very often one-shot, as complete immunity to the lynch prevents players who cannot kill as a function of their role (i.e. Vigilantes) from killing the Lynchproof player.
Upon being lynched, a Lynchproof player will not flip (unless they actually die).
Lynchproof is a rare role that is generally only seen in role madness games. It has been known to be of any alignment; however, Lynchproof scum are very difficult to deal with under normal conditions.
Lynchproof roles generally only appear where they fit flavor. In Town hands, its power is only moderate, but in scum hands, it's very powerful (pending how necessary the lynch is for players to get killed in
general).
Alignment: Varies
This is interesting though. I'm surprised that it would ever be considered as a scum role.

rcwraspy, I don't think there's any harm in claiming if you're 1-shot or not. Are you? Nevermind, there is potential harm. Maybe claim that Day 2. I think it will help with figuring this game out since you're 100% confirmed town if it's not 1-shot, but if it is 1-shot then that should be considered relative to rezombad's role as well. Either way, I don't think either of you should be lynched toDay, which is why this is not immediately important.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Lol, scum.
Answer my questions. Your case makes no sense.
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Lol, scum.
Answer my questions. Your case makes no sense.
Why? I'm under the influence according to you.

I did say that dayvig doesn't make me confirmed town.
After I posted that your confirmed town read went to "95% territory".
Now we're at 'only confirmed if he has multiple shots'.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:16 pm

And you don't understand that progression?

As for why, it's because of this post and this post in Boondocks (where you were scum). In both of those posts you went into detail on something, then came to the exact opposite conclusion you should have. I'm trying to decide whether your complete lack of rational thought here is scum motivated too.
҉

Return to “Completed Games”