Theros Pantheon Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Victory

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Iso
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Iso » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:01 am

Iso, You are asking me for town info. I gave it (roleblocker). You still want more info? I tried thinking outside the box with flavor theory. Got alot of good responses from it. You keep asking me for more town info; I don't have anything else cause the Posts are all on me. :shrug:

I clearly don't understand Void and now have no interest ever to do so.
Zem is getting thatway for me as well as he is rabbid to vote anyone in high ennough vote support early game.
Captain Murphy finally showed up and just voted me without any reads of his own.
I have one question for all of you. Why have a sign up for roles in this game if they don't matter? Any information given is
more than we had.
A bunch of questions of "are you town or scum" is not getting us anywhere.
Folks voting for me.
TubeHunter -Keranos
Iso -Thassa Significant god
Void-Karametra
DroppinSuga- Phenax
Captain Murphy-Karametra
4 lesser gods not listed in the 5 from Theros
2 are folowing their leader and one lacks a brain.

I don't have anything else to give for town right now beyond that.
What do you mean by "town info"?

I'm asking you for behavioral analysis. I'm not asking you to tell me who is what god in this game. That's listed in the OP.
Edit- Void is Nylea. Sorry Void! Copy/pates did not work. Hmmmmm. So the girls are working together.
Nylea might be able to control the beasts to get the sword as
well. Mogis was killed first. Why? Violence is more an anti blue thing, but green seems more controled/defensive this game minus the hydras. Why would Red/Mr. P. Kill his own dude? Hell, it could be a black type god as well. Black likes to sacrifice its own dudes.
My theory is a road map, not a the vote call. Still trying looking for variable relationships.
You're not playing Mafia, here.
can guy do some research in a direction no one else is willing to without being hated out of the game for it? Why do I deserve a vote for trying something else besides "are you town or scum"? Lame.

Thanks Mod for the update?

I don't think many of you give a shit anymore what I say, cause most are just looking for the first lynch to get a feel for votes.
DroppinSuga, RWC, and Tubehunter are legitamatey asking me
questions. I gave answers; they were not satisfied.
Iso just pokes holes in my theorys and does not offer any solid reasons why i am scum. his questions are leading and loaded. Uses WALLS of text to hide in and takes forever o recognize the Void connection.
Void is piggy backing/ working with Iso to create a trap. He could have just called me for more muddslinging, but decided instead to use his lizard brain.
Captain Murphy is a lurker and only posted on the bandwagon.

If you guys lynch me cause of this BS; think I will quit for while. My findings on games so far are that lurkers always win. If you remain silent enough and act or piggy back votes; scum win. If you talk or present out of box theories; you must be scum. What a bunch of ignorant jackasses.
I'm obviously asking questions that aren't "Are you town or scum?". Do you see me getting ganked for it? No. Step up, quit bitching, and play the goddamn game if you don't want to get lynched.

Also, what you said
makes no sense - how am I "taking forever to realize the Void connection" if you're accusing me of conspiring with Void?

You're just saying anything you can to get out of your lynch at this point, even if it doesn't make sense, and it shows.
reading through the list of name types, i notice that Void will defend the wilds with deadly savagery. Captain murphy prefers civilization over war/savagry. The sword is the new game changer. It is the ultimate tool of war and threat to both of these gods. Upon reading Thassa, she is a serious outlier. The sea is rater isolated in comparison to the other gods that rule over land. Thus competition is stronger there. I can see a serious relationship to of Void to Captain Murphy.
unvote

VOTE CAPTAIN MURPHY I hunt lurkers now. Void is still
a good target, but she at least plays to her strengths of quick savagery. Half to go to town for a quick job, will check in periodically with more ideas and relations.

@red, Nice thought! Erebos could hide him temporarily. A test kill of a plainswalker would be fitting. This is just a road map for us and not a vote. use mafia logic in comparison to me system for your knowledge.

Erebos, you hiding Mogis?
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::banghead:
Not sure what you mean, wraith (re: erebos), and I don't have time right now to figure it out.

If
you want to convince people you are town you should start by answering the questions that iso posed to you.

Hammering you is tempting but you are probably more useful for analysis later if you stay alive a bit longer.
Maybe I am missing something from Iso? Can I get the questions in a simple line up instead of a giant wall to respond to. I find them to be commentary rather than questions. I tried to answer the first wall, but apparently that was not enough.

@others. I am still new to mafia. It seems most games are won by scum. Thus I find maybe a combo of new or less tried tactics are an order. I look at the crime, create a time line, compare posts, and finally look for lies. I can't think of another way to play this. If this is a game of who tells the biggest whoppers; I can do that more effectively at the hunting campfire.
PM me after the game so I can walk you through some serious Mafia theory.

As for my questions/issues with your play, I'm not sure
what your own question is - I've picked apart things that I find troublesome with your play thus far and addressed them to you to understand your motivation for doing such. That's how Mafia is played. I'm not "hiding" behind walls of text - I'm touching on everything that I want to in order to make sure I understand where everyone is coming from so that I can best find scum. Trying to guess "Oh, Thassa is scum because water gets you wet" is really fucking dumb and isn't at all conducive to the game of Mafia. Stop trying to game the setup when, as has been stated multiple times before, mods will intentionally obfuscate who's what just to prevent players from being able to solve the game without playing Mafia. TIA.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:05 am

He had this same sort of posting style in DTR Mafia. I don't think he's scum, he just has a hair trigger when it comes to voting for people.

He also stated in the previous game that he's avoiding the mafiascum wiki so he can figure out reads and tells himself. If he'd read, he would know that counter-voting Tube would look like panicky OMGUS.

I made the mistake of reading too much into flavor in Ragnarok mafia because of how little else I had to go on. Sounds like he is, too, hence that left field bit about Mogis and the sword.
Please don't reference ongoing games.
Please don't reference completed games as if they were ongoing.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:10 am

Ham, please Mafia. For once.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 am

I'm at work, all I can do is be snarky right now. What do you need from me?

Alternatively, I can role play Kait and say that all of your posts are terrible.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:17 am

God you know how to push my buttons >:)
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:19 am

But when you have time, analysis on:
- Captain Murphy doing the drop by vote to put Wraith223 at L-1?
- imopen2 and rcwraspy's little back and forward; does this look like Town v Town; Town v Scum or even Scum v Scum to you?

If you're adopting the style of posting empty posts to look more active than your usual "lurk forever then make excuses" strategy, just tell me so I can move on.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:21 am

I don't mind, prod away. I'll have time tomorrow morning, I'll go through both of those questions.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:23 am

I don't understand how you reconcile your play style with ever helping Town is all.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:30 am

No idea if it's any good, but I find it useful for sniffing out alignment. Observe that only townies get mad at me for doing this.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:48 am

- Captain Murphy doing the drop by vote to put Wraith223 at L-1?
I'm pretty sure my vote put him to L-1. I even said so as I did it.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 am

As you may notice, when you read the thread; I said I was unvoting because I thought he was at L-1; so I believed Murphy voting would have put him to L-1.

You're correct though, following SD's votecount.

Wraith - why do you have rednihilist in your town pile?
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:01 am

Iso, You are asking me for town info. I gave it (roleblocker). You still want more info? I tried thinking outside the box with flavor theory. Got alot of good responses from it. You keep asking me for more town info; I don't have anything else cause the Posts are all on me. :shrug:

I clearly don't understand Void and now have no interest ever to do so.
Zem is getting thatway for me as well as he is rabbid to vote anyone in high ennough vote support early game.
Captain Murphy finally showed up and just voted me
without any reads of his own.
I have one question for all of you. Why have a sign up for roles in this game if they don't matter? Any information given is more than we had.
A bunch of questions of "are you town or scum" is not getting us anywhere.
Folks voting for me.
TubeHunter -Keranos
Iso -Thassa Significant god
Void-Karametra
DroppinSuga- Phenax
Captain Murphy-Karametra
4 lesser gods not listed in the 5 from Theros
2 are folowing their leader and one lacks a brain.

I don't have anything else to give for town right now beyond that.
What do you mean by "town info"?

I'm asking you for behavioral analysis. I'm not asking you to tell me who is what god in this game. That's listed in the OP.

WRAITH- I am on the iPad, bear with me. I gave behavioral analysis in earlier posts today! WTH?
Edit- Void is Nylea. Sorry Void! Copy/pates did not work. Hmmmmm. So the girls are working together.
Nylea might be able to control the beasts to get the sword as well. Mogis was killed first. Why? Violence is more an anti blue thing, but green seems more controled/defensive this game minus the hydras. Why would Red/Mr. P. Kill his own dude? Hell, it could be a black type god as well. Black likes to sacrifice its own dudes.
My theory is a road map, not a the vote call. Still trying looking for variable relationships.
You're not playing Mafia, here.

WRAITH- can I play how I see fit? I take a while to get to my point and prefer to flesh out my theories.
can guy do some research in a direction no one else is willing to without
being hated out of the game for it? Why do I deserve a vote for trying something else besides "are you town or scum"? Lame.

Thanks Mod for the update?

I don't think many of you give a shit anymore what I say, cause most are just looking for the first lynch to get a feel for votes.
DroppinSuga, RWC, and Tubehunter are legitamatey asking me questions. I gave answers; they were not satisfied.
Iso just pokes holes in my theorys and does not offer any solid reasons why i am scum. his questions are leading and loaded. Uses WALLS of text to hide in and takes forever o recognize the Void connection.
Void is piggy backing/ working with Iso to create a trap. He could have just called me for more muddslinging, but decided instead to use his lizard brain.
Captain Murphy is a lurker and only posted on the bandwagon.

If you guys lynch me cause of this BS; think I will quit for while. My findings on games so far are that lurkers always win. If you remain silent enough and act or piggy back votes;
scum win. If you talk or present out of box theories; you must be scum. What a bunch of ignorant jackasses.
I'm obviously asking questions that aren't "Are you town or scum?". Do you see me getting ganked for it? No. Step up, quit bitching, and play the goddamn game if you don't want to get lynched.

WRAITH- most of your shit is commentary, not a question. Also, it's a learning curve for me in this game. If you don't care for my style of play; I don't give a shit and find it may be on track for my theory on you and others. I dig in and don't let go.

Also, what you said makes no sense - how am I "taking forever to realize the Void connection" if you're accusing me of conspiring with Void?

WRAITH- You took forever to notice that I thought you and void are working together. Thought that was odd. Also you seem to put my posts in the their entirety for conclusions rather than dissect them. At least zem does that.

You're just saying anything you can to
get out of your lynch at this point, even if it doesn't make sense, and it shows.

WRAITH- I don't know what else you want or to do to show I am more town than already? I told everyone my ability, role blocker. I don't have anymore history to give in votes that are theorized, tests or perry votes.
reading through the list of name types, i notice that Void will defend the wilds with deadly savagery. Captain murphy prefers civilization over war/savagry. The sword is the new game changer. It is the ultimate tool of war and threat to both of these gods. Upon reading Thassa, she is a serious outlier. The sea is rater isolated in comparison to the other gods that rule over land. Thus competition is stronger there. I can see a serious relationship to of Void to Captain Murphy.
unvote

VOTE CAPTAIN MURPHY I hunt lurkers now. Void is still a good target, but she at least plays to her strengths of quick savagery. Half to go to town for a quick job, will check in periodically with more ideas and relations.

@red, Nice thought! Erebos could hide him temporarily. A test kill of a plainswalker would be fitting. This is just a road map for us and not a vote. use mafia logic in comparison to me system for your knowledge.

Erebos, you hiding Mogis?
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::banghead:
WRAITH- glad you are getting a work out. :D
Not sure what you mean, wraith (re: erebos), and I don't have time right now to figure it out.

If you want to convince people you are town you should start by answering the questions that iso posed to you.

Hammering you is tempting but you are probably more useful for analysis later if you stay alive a bit longer.
Maybe I am missing something from Iso? Can I get the questions in a simple line up instead of a giant wall to respond to. I find them to be commentary rather than questions. I tried to answer the first wall, but apparently that was not enough.

@others. I am still new to mafia. It seems most games are won by scum. Thus I find maybe a combo of new or less tried tactics are an order. I look at the crime, create a time line, compare posts, and finally look for lies. I can't think of another way to play this. If this is a game of who tells the biggest whoppers; I can do that more effectively at
the hunting campfire.
PM me after the game so I can walk you through some serious Mafia theory.

WRAITH- after listening to you rants, I would rather eat bug than have one more conversation with you. Also, I get to pick the bug.

As for my questions/issues with your play, I'm not sure what your own question is - I've picked apart things that I find troublesome with your play thus far and addressed them to you to understand your motivation for doing such. That's how Mafia is played. I'm not "hiding" behind walls of text - I'm touching on everything that I want to in order to make sure I understand where everyone is coming from so that I can best find scum. Trying to guess "Oh, Thassa is scum because water gets you wet" is really fucking dumb and isn't at all conducive to the game of Mafia. Stop trying to game the setup when, as has been stated multiple times before, mods will intentionally obfuscate who's what just to prevent players from being able to solve
the game without playing Mafia. TIA.
I said Thassa was an outlier among the gods as Erebos is. You made the other shit up. I am taking their psychological reads and comparing them to their players. You find yourself the the know it all and authority in this game. Everything you say seems to be followed by the sheep of the game so far. Using that mentality, you were an outlier beginning of the game with odd first posts, but when I challenged you; you went ape shit. Many bandwagoned on to your attack as a cheap means to showing town to support for an obvious figure head of the game. You remind of stardust so far from Dtr game which is over by the way. There was serious bandwagon voting from scum on the zem vote. Sorry zem, I was wrong. You have gone from outlier to the first spear in this game. No one is challenging you except me. I was waiting for lurker votes to jump in, but did not expect it to be me as the main target. If it helps town; fine by me. I am not sure you are scum, but you
tend to hate or discriminate anyone who tries a tactic that you despise or not your level. Thus my read on you is still null till more talk besides you (captain Murphy, void, and a few others voting for me right now). Yes you do use a wall of text to hide under as it is easier to miss or circumvent points. Issue is that this is your player style. Can't expect more from you as are just as stubborn as I.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:05 am

As you may notice, when you read the thread; I said I was unvoting because I thought he was at L-1; so I believed Murphy voting would have put him to L-1.

You're correct though, following SD's votecount.

Wraith - why do you have rednihilist in your town pile?
Cause I am town and he is asking others to think first before throwing votes me. He uses more thought process in posts and simple, complete sentences.

He had not said anything weird beyond his non-bold vote. It not hard to poke at DroppinSuga when posts before the opening.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:10 am

So you think walls of text are an indicator of mafia?
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:20 am

So you think walls of text are an indicator of mafia?
Somewhat. When they are just commentary or "i am better than you" or "you don't play like me, thus you are scum". Yes.

Have I voted for Iso again? No. Need more evidence as walls of text are just minimal scum variables to me. Stardust and your walls at least have well thought points beyond you suck/play like me or burn.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:24 am

I think the problem is that your logic is totally flawed. Your accusations are based on nothing other than flavor and it's pretty well known that flavor isn't something you can go off from in a Mafia game. It would be far too easy to weed out the mafia if we flavor-gamed.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:29 am

I think the problem is that your logic is totally flawed. Your accusations are based on nothing other than flavor and it's pretty well known that flavor isn't something you can go off from in a Mafia game. It would be far too easy to weed out the mafia if we flavor-gamed.
I recognize that and my skills at this game are novice or nuub. I am trying all avenues. :shrug: I appreciate the feedback if they are constructive. Look at the nice response we got from that bad call of mine though. Something to work with!
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:15 am

I think Zem is being to aggressive and trying to gain bandwagon votes. He knows that my vote calls are more evidence based, thus throwing mudd is a scum tactic to strip credibility away from me.

Vote Zemanjaski
This is the post that leaves the greatest bad taste in my mouth about you Wraith. You come out and say that Z is being way too agresive to get bandwagon votes while you state that your vote calls are more evidence based. Which is strange, because all of your next votes are:

Vote me a post after I voted you. (Said i was too aggressive)
Vote Iso beacause Flavor
Vote murphy for your new strategy of voting for the lurkers.

I asked for what evidence you had for your vote before this claim, and you failed to
acknowledge me, and continue to post votes that with no tangible evidence to legitimize them.

I also want to clarify a point from Z to you. He has asked you repeatedly why you couldn't get your role right on the first try, and you haven't done that yet. I would like you to answer that question.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:31 am

I think Zem is being to aggressive and trying to gain bandwagon votes. He knows that my vote calls are more evidence based, thus throwing mudd is a scum tactic to strip credibility away from me.

Vote Zemanjaski
This is the post that leaves the greatest bad taste in my mouth about you Wraith. You come out and say that Z is being way too agresive to get bandwagon votes while you state that your vote calls are more evidence based. Which is strange, because all of your next votes are:

Vote me a post after I voted you. (Said i was too aggressive)
it was a perry vote and I did think you were jumpy to vote me as zem, in games I have played with him, posted a loaded vote I had to respond to. I admit that my call on day cop was wrong for day kill.

Vote Iso beacause Flavor it was a test/idea that worked to get the lurkers going, but failed as my ass became the target.
Vote murphy for your new strategy of voting for the lurkers. uh, yeah? He finally responds, but with no intelligence besides a vote.

I asked for what evidence you had for your vote before this claim, and you failed to acknowledge me, and continue to post votes that with no tangible evidence to legitimize them.
There nothing else I have that is not posted from me already! Zem sounded scum to me with that wish for cop role. I misunderstood cop role. Ham was a test vote and he responded town to me by not challenging me with negativity. Same for DroppinSuga. You were just a perry vote as I thought your being over
aggressive defending zem.

I also want to clarify a point from Z to you. He has asked you repeatedly why you couldn't get your role right on the first try, and you haven't done that yet. I would like you to answer that question.
I said I was a roleblocker. My mind spit it out as rolestopper. It's my Texas language interjecting word interpretations. What else do you want? My role is the white god, I have a spear that nukes a players ability at night only. I am town.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:53 am

I was also the first person to vote for you; and had never switched my vote.
Such mafia, very scum, so lynch
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:55 am

Out of this recent bandwagon I have my attention turned toward CM. He just steps in and says "Lynch Wraith", nothing built up, no real opinion on it mentioned besides "We should lynch him". In the previous game I played with him (not Russian Roulette, the actual game) he was an active scum hunter especially during day one, this time he's just lurking around. I'm wondering what's going on there CM, are you too busy to be active in this game? Or are you just throwing your scum buddy under the bus?

Void's insults are a little random and I figured he warranted some attention, but I get a feeling this is just how he plays his games.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:45 am

I was also the first person to vote for you; and had never switched my vote.
Such mafia, very scum, so lynch
Pointing out a scum suspect misrepresenting events makes me scum now? You're really trying hard to be officially recognised as the worst mafia player in here aren't you?

Time for you to go to work; present your case against me. I'm. Not in the mood for you to spoil another game with your mindless tunnelling.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:57 am

Just on the role title / role description wraith; just so you know for the future; I asked because mafia won't have that info readily available. When you get it that wrong it makes your claim look made up. The biggest issue is that you couldn't get the ability right until repeated prompting - this makes it look like you got your fake claim wrong (because you're new most likely); so you had to go look up what the ability actually did - my suspicion is furthered by your misunderstanding of the cop role, which is a very basic role - if you don't understand a basic role I can see you getting confused when trying to claim a more advanced one.

You just played in a game with a doctor, a role that can prevent a night kill; which is what you originally claimed the ability as. If you're refusing to informal yourself through external sources, then you're limited to I game experience and it looks to me like you recycled info
from DTR mafia.

I don't know. You were much less random as Town in DTR; but you faced no significant pressure there. I'd agree with Ham that you've a history of being extremely trigger happy with voting before, so that doesn't indicate scum to me. Flavour voting is new (and stupid FYI) but it's your first opportunity to do so and given your style I can understand why it would appeal to you (but seriously, no more).

The tone of your recent posts has me thinking frustrated Town.

That's unfortunate as Town probably has Wraith, Ham and Rezom; all of whom are historically useless.

Tube is probably Town. I'm Town. Imopen may be Town; I like his improved activity and detail in this game, compared to DtR (he was scum thare).

Raspy is tricky and I don't feel confident reading him. No experience with Void or Iso; they'll be fun to tackle at some point. Suga and Wheat I don't know much about.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:03 am

Yeah Ham, called ya useless. Wanna fight about it?

:ape:
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:10 am

I did a read-through of the thread again, laughed about the Wraith flailing, but mostly was intrigued by Captain Murphy's random drive-by of Wraith. His post history in this thread shows only 2 posts while I'm writing this.

I isolated every post mentioning him with this search string, but all I see are vote counts, Wraith mentioning him drive-by voting and then Raspy talking about being the L-1 vote (CM was the L-2 vote).

I can't do anything with this, but I figured out that he's either 6 hours behind me (subtracted the time stamps in his signature from the ones that I get
when going to those posts) or he has his timezone set wrong in his profile. 6 hours early puts him in Western Europe, so dude should be getting home from work in a few hours while I'm asleep.

It's almost dinnertime so I'll look at the imopen / raspy exchange tomorrow morning with fresh eyes.

pedit: yup, got me :toot:

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:16 am

That's more effort than he has put into two previous games as one post.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:55 am

Just on the role title / role description wraith; just so you know for the future; I asked because mafia won't have that info readily available. When you get it that wrong it makes your claim look made up. The biggest issue is that you couldn't get the ability right until repeated prompting - this makes it look like you got your fake claim wrong (because you're new most likely); so you had to go look up what the ability actually did - my suspicion is furthered by your misunderstanding of the cop role, which is a very basic role - if you don't understand a basic role I can see you getting confused when trying to claim a more advanced one.

You just played in a game with a doctor, a role that can prevent a night kill; which is what you originally claimed the
ability as. If you're refusing to informal yourself through external sources, then you're limited to I game experience and it looks to me like you recycled info from DTR mafia.

I don't know. You were much less random as Town in DTR; but you faced no significant pressure there. I'd agree with Ham that you've a history of being extremely trigger happy with voting before, so that doesn't indicate scum to me. Flavour voting is new (and stupid FYI) but it's your first opportunity to do so and given your style I can understand why it would appeal to you (but seriously, no more).

The tone of your recent posts has me thinking frustrated Town.

That's unfortunate as Town probably has Wraith, Ham and Rezom; all of whom are historically useless.

Tube is probably Town. I'm Town. Imopen may be Town; I like his improved activity and detail in this game, compared to DtR (he was scum thare).

Raspy is tricky and I don't feel confident reading him. No experience with Void or Iso; they'll be fun to
tackle at some point. Suga and Wheat I don't know much about.

I think I suck at mafia. Need to grow into it more. Should have seen me when I first played magic. You would gouged your eyes out. Been reading more up on mafia roles and many are just basic. Suga really modified some and it's hard to guess the roles here. I am not completely useless; I can always be used as a bad example. :D
Last game we played, I called iamopen2 on his lie, but failed to follow my gut and went with stardust. That won't happen again. Stardust did a good job, but my gutt was right. Ham's last post was more than we had that entire last game. Is he playing differently now? :sneaky: I never had anything on him the entire game and barely anything now.
Tomorrow, I will delve into the rcw versus Rez posts. I want to see what I can
read from that. For now, I need to sleep and clear my head. :sleep:
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:30 am

That's more effort than he has put into two previous games as one post.
This is a terrible post.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:31 am

:V

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:56 am

Captain Murphy finally showed up and just voted me without any reads of his own.
>Misses first 4 pages of discussion due to timezone issues
>Scummy player pushed to L-2
>Doesn't claim ASAP
>CLAIMS RBER

lol my sides, lynch this scum
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:59 am

And I put him at L-2 not L-1
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:01 am

I mean, we either lynch him or keep him around, will you not feel like lynching him later on down the line?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Votecount 1.4

Postby Stardust » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Official Votecount!

rezombad (Ephara) (1): RedNihilist
zemanjaski (Iroas) (1): rezombad
Wraith223 (Heliod) (4): TubeHunter, Iso, Void, Captain Murphy (L-3)
RedNihilist (Athreos) (1): imopen2
Captain Murphy (Karametra) (1): Wraith223

Not voting: hamfactorial, WitchHunt, zemanjaski, DroppinSuga, rcwraspy

With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:55 pm

I mean, we either lynch him or keep him around, will you not feel like lynching him later on down the line?
Will you? Why? Policy-lynch because he plays differently?

Also, a couple people pointed out your lurkiness and now you're posting a bit more content. Can you let us know what your schedule usually is and what timezone you're in?
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:16 pm

lol, its impossible to be a "lurker" when you were asleep during the first 4 pages.

I posted yesterday, I'm posting today and I will be posting tomorrow. I live in Australia but I work late.

My main point about the "down the line" thing is that day 1 lynches are usually bad regardless but what wraith has come around with is hilariously scummy.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:20 pm

There are players with the same level of content, people just freak because I made a large move in my first post

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:37 pm

There are players with the same level of content, people just freak because I made a large move in my first post
Without any explanation.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:51 pm

He claimed like right before

Void

Postby Void » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Fucking lynch Wraith already. There is nothing he can do to excuse the behavior he has shown us.

For those who unvoted Wraith. Please give your reasoning on why.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:28 pm

For those who unvoted Wraith. Please give your reasoning on why.
Meta. In previous games he's stipulated that he doesn't want to read up about Mafia on the Wiki and wants to jump in and figure it out on his own. He watches a lot of cop and detective shows and likes to emulate that kind of behavior.

So to jump off looking at what he thinks are "real clues" regarding flavor makes sense.

I'm still trying to get a read on his insistence to keep with that line of thought after just the about the entire playerbase in this game explained why he shouldn't. If he's town, he can't think that everybody telling him to stop is scum.

Some of his explanation posts have sounded (to me) like "look guys, this is what i know how to do, i'
m doing my best" and I can see that.

I unvoted him because I want more, but that doesn't mean I won't re-vote him.

Return to “Completed Games”