Moral corruption and malicious attacks - the soap opera

Community Issues

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Shalako » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Like we say we are sorry.

You accept it.

Staff goes screw those Guys.
???
Profit?

Sene

Postby Sene » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Either way, I'll concede the point about me calling the guy behind the gimmick sending that PM to ria a douchebag. Probably set the wrong tone here, even if that's the way I feel :shrug: But like with everything else, I'm prepared to start on page 1 with that person as well. Whoever it is doesn't matter. I don't even care, nor do I want to find out. I've had my suspicions I suppose, but I'll let them remain as such and not think anymore about it.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm not calling kpaca a douchebag, as I do not think kpaca is a douchebag. I think he's very blunt, but generally a good guy. That goes for pretty much all of you, by the way...
Well not kpaca but you know what I mean. I didn't open the spoiler box. The point was that it's better to be blunt and without a filter than to be indirect and passive aggressive.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Sene

Postby Sene » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:52 pm

So why didn't you find out what the Staff wanted to do instead of offering To Settle things when you don't know if that is what the Staff Want.
Well, we tried. Across multiple threads, including a massive multi-choice poll thread. But the results of that poll only came in like a month later, and things were already going sour at that point. But I'm pretty sure I posted the result of the staff poll thread to Pegs.

You accept it.

???
Profit?
Yeah, I obviously cannot guarantee anything one way or
the other. I'm only one individual, speaking for myself, and what I say isn't necessarily fact. I think the way forward is to say "we are both to blame for the outcome of the ridiculous drama this summer, let's try to learn from those mistakes, start from scratch again, and move on". But I do not know for sure if that is true, of course.

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm saying even if "We" decide to all act like adults instead of spoiled children it may come to naught because of The Staff at Salvation putting a stop to it.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:03 pm

So why didn't you find out what the Staff wanted to do instead of offering To Settle things when you don't know if that is what the Staff Want.
Well, we tried. Across multiple threads, including a massive multi-choice poll thread. But the results of that poll only came in like a month later, and things were already going sour at that point. But I'm pretty sure I posted the result of the staff poll thread to Pegs.

[quote="Shalako » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:45 pm":
2yeyla8u]Like we say we are sorry.

You accept it.

???
Profit?
Yeah, I obviously cannot guarantee anything one way or the other. I'm only one individual, speaking for myself, and what I say isn't necessarily fact. I think the way forward is to say "we are both to blame for the outcome of the ridiculous drama this summer, let's try to learn from those mistakes, start from scratch again, and move on". But I do not know for sure if that is true, of course.[/quote]

then please suggest to other members of iridium to post thier views here , so we can get a complete picture.

Sene

Postby Sene » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm saying even if "We" decide to all act like adults instead of spoiled children it may come to naught because of The Staff at Salvation putting a stop to it.
Well, it can't hurt your chances...

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Crickey, Sene, you might want to stop before they find you in breach of Code of Conduct. ^_^

I also appreciate you laying your desires for the direction of the thread on the line like that, but I fear "forgive and forget" ain't an option just yet. It is a bit sad that the Gutterites here seem unwilling to forgo the "on trial" atmosphere like you did there, it would almost undoubtedly make things easier if more of the iridium felt like this wasn't a warzone.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:18 pm

nice magumbos

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:19 pm

i burped cause i just went to a yogurt place for yogurt

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:20 pm

green mint flavored

some strawberry chunks on top

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:21 pm

pendulum

pendelhaven

arthur pendragon

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

ok 0 guests

whew

lurkshatters left for now

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

riddle - what's worse than a lurkshatter

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:22 pm

this is a toughie

tuffie?

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:22 pm

aw snap a guest is back.

dare i click their ip and venture a guess? nahhhhh

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:26 pm

nothing?

a threadshatter?

a piss roper?

all valid guesses, my friends. however not the correct answer

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:26 pm

A lurkshattershatter?

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:43 pm

that yanni guy

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:04 pm

( N_S )' ban
Fast forward a week or so, and we have a situation where, from our point of view, Scumbag was trolling CI pretty relentlessly, and was posting in the Gutter to boast about his trolling and encouraged others to do the same. This was a pretty big problem in our eyes, and was making the Gutter the exact thing it shouldn't be (a troll central). Rather than penalizing the entire Gutter for this kind of troublemaking, we were talking about what to do with Scumbag. Banning was indeed brought up as a possibility in the Global Lounge, but it was abandoned rather quickly. After discussion between the admins, we decided to just infract the posts in question.

[...] and because of all the trouble
Scumbag had caused recently
, we decided to go with the ban. There was maybe one staff member who disagreed, I think.
6th August
Originally posted by Scumbag on MTGS
Yup. this last rules BS made me understand that the current administration is corrupt beyond any possible repair.

I'm done caring about shit like that, I mean, I have a multi million € research going at full steam, what the fuck am I doing with my life, trying to argue with a bunch of neckbearded manchildren trying to act like they're the Thomas Jefferson of magic cards forums? Lord am I stupid.

From now on its just tbgte and gang activity. Gonna try to have fun around here while the remaining good places of this site still stand.
9th August
Hey, one more retroactive infraction.
I'm in the Danger zone![/quote1:
1d4i0lad]
Suspended by tomorrow? y/y
I'm getting retroactively infracted like there is no tomorrow ever since I've stopped posting in CI
:shrug:
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm at work, so all I can do is skim. But, I have a question.

Sene...
Many staffers were sympathetic during TBCITE, but turned around during pegs negotiations due to the attitude there and elsewhere.
You'll remember that I was still staff at this time and incredibly involved in this entire debacle (as well as I could be, at least.) So, could you kindly tell me who the hell you are talking about? Because the only time I know of that anybody changed their mind during this time would have been to switch from "CLOSE IT FOR GOOD" to "Eh, compromise'll be alright." I do not recall ANYONE doing what you've said many did.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Bring the fun back.

-Harkius
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:15 pm

^ not even trolling, just paraphrasing.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:18 pm

@EU: I'll speak on my own behalf, I won't speak for others. And while we are at it, in case you're wondering, this is all mine, I didn't consult anyone before posting these posts, and I didn't ask anyone for opinions. Just so we're clear :)

@kpaca: that is fair. Yeah, I'm not looking to hear "my ban was just", I don't expect that, and I respect your opinion that it was not fair. I just want all of us to question ourselves "is it possible that it is partly my fault that the shit that happened this summer resolved the way it did?".

@All: I just want to say that I created this thread now because it seemed like Boubouille had posted his verdict already (i.
e. that he thinks you, or some of you, should be unbanned), so I thought I wasn't interrupting that anymore. My apologies if I was mistaken.
Yes as an involved party (a rather actively involved party at that) part of the shit storm was certainly my fault. However, this does not justify my banning.

Are we at some sort of understanding now?

And I dont think you think I'm a douche. You might not want to go to tea with me, but Ive never thought you disliked me so much as you disliked my attitude or associations.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:37 pm

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=18811#p18811:9hdzrdn0]ExarionUniverse1 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:03 pm[/url:9hdzrdn0]":9hdzrdn0][quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=18808#p18808:9hdzrdn0]Sene » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:52 pm[/url:9hdzrdn0]":9hdzrdn0][quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=18801#p18801:9hdzrdn0]Shalako » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:44 pm[/url:9hdzrdn0]":9hdzrdn0]So why didn't you find out what the Staff wanted to do instead of offering To Settle things when you don't know if that is what the Staff Want.[/quote:9hdzrdn0]
Well, we tried. Across multiple threads, including a massive multi-choice poll thread. But the results of that poll only came in like a month later, and things were already going sour at that point. But I'm pretty sure I posted the result of the staff poll thread
to Pegs.

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=18802#p18802:9hdzrdn0]Shalako » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:45 pm[/url:9hdzrdn0]":9hdzrdn0]Like we say we are sorry.

You accept it.

???
Profit?[/quote:9hdzrdn0]
Yeah, I obviously cannot guarantee anything one way or the other. I'm only one individual, speaking for myself, and what I say isn't necessarily fact. I [i:9hdzrdn0]think [/i:9hdzrdn0]the way forward is to say "we are both to blame for the outcome of the ridiculous drama this summer, let's try to learn from those mistakes, start from scratch again, and move on". But I do not know for sure if that is true, of course.[/quote:9hdzrdn0]

then please suggest to other members of iridium to post thier views here , so we can get a complete picture.[/quote:9hdzrdn0]

What exactly would you like to know? Just about everything in general, my/our current opinions?

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:41 pm

I'd like to know something, but you have to be honest.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Go nuts...

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Do you think she would go out with me?

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Are you moderately attractive/wealthy?

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Yes/no.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:01 pm

Well, we tried. Across multiple threads, including a massive multi-choice poll thread. But
the results of that poll only came in like a month later, and things were already going sour at that point. But I'm pretty sure I posted the result of the staff poll thread to Pegs.

You accept it.

???
Profit?
Yeah, I obviously cannot guarantee anything one way or the other. I'm only one individual, speaking for myself, and what I say isn't necessarily fact. I think the way forward is to say "we are both to blame for the outcome of the ridiculous drama this summer, let's try to learn from those mistakes, start from scratch again, and move on". But I do not know for sure if that is true, of course.
then please suggest to other members of iridium to post thier views here , so we can get a complete
picture.
What exactly would you like to know? Just about everything in general, my/our current opinions?
Who are you?

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm trying to have an important discussion here kpaca. My future wife hangs in the balance.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Well don't you think you should know who youre getting advice from bruh?

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:05 pm

I think she's literally saying "Wow, I won't."

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:06 pm

a man's wife is his life

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:08 pm

I think she would, then. Assuming your age is older than her's( I would put her between 19-21).

And, I am The Cold Monarch. I forgot most people on both forums don't have me on steam (its the same name). Figured it was obvious though when I joined mafia with my first post, and Manders probably already knew who I was.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Well i have no idea what views you want to post and we generally dont know what onar is going on about so yeah......do whateve i guess.

And hi I spose.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Eh, I don't mind sharing anything I felt/said.

Also, hi.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:16 pm

I think she would, then. Assuming your age is older than her's( I would put her between 19-21).
This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

Return to “Speak Your Mind”