WePick Mafia (roflstomp)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:53 pm

I just noticed this:
You realize pie gave us an extention till Tuesday, if the town wants to lynch kaze, fine let's do that (I need to review the case dust linked me, but I still read him town) but let's let the player whose been proded respond first
Oh shit, I read that as 5 day extention, not 48 hours, my bad
This math doesn't add up.
Well that certainly changes things a bit
Of course it does.

Just not enough for you to act on it and bus your partner Kaze.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Vote LMD

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:58 pm

:rotfl:

This day is going to be glorious.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Red, did you role block me?

The PM from Pie came at 3:42 AM and your hammer vote came at 2:45 AM (these are my local time, EDT). I figure you're the only one that was online then, and aside from Pie, you're the only one who knew the Day was over because you hammered.

Whoever role blocked me: Please claim it. It'll clear you as town because that's a very town motivated role block.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Technically speaking, yes - I'm the one who disabled you.

The funny thing is that you caught me for the wrong reasons - I'm not going to quote my PM, but the role is worded in a way that forces the player that uses it to submit the action during the day, so the fact that you received the PM from Pie at 3.42 just means that Pie doesn't like sleeping.

Now, I've been targeted by a changeling so I've lost my role, so said player can actually confirm this, having stripped me of my role.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:26 pm

The PM from Pie came at 3:42 AM and your hammer vote came at 2:45 AM (these are my local time, EDT). I figure you're the only one that was online then, and aside from Pie, you're the only one who knew the Day was over because you hammered.
What did the pm you received say? paraphrased obviously.

might as well spill your guts about it then red, right?
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Technically speaking, yes - I'm the one who disabled you.

The funny thing is that you caught me for the wrong reasons - I'm not going to quote my PM, but the role is worded in a way that forces the player that uses it to submit the action during the day, so the fact that you received the PM from Pie at 3.42 just means that Pie doesn't like sleeping.

Now, I've been targeted by a changeling so I've lost my role, so said player can actually confirm this, having stripped me of my role.
Hi red! I can't confirm your alignment, but yes, your role is confirmed. I thought kaze was bussing your ass after stardust went after mine. I find weird that it is a day ability, and you have to do it before before a lynch
occurs.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:42 pm

I don't know if I believe DK, but if red did prevent DK; it was true. I don't recall seeing the word "Roleblock" in his ability wording. DK fast voting
LMD seems defensive as he cannot confirm his ability.

I think ham should be looked at as I think he is lieing on his alignment. How many self aligned players are generally in a game?
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:50 pm

The wording in the PM did say "disabled." There wasn't much more to the PM than that.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:54 pm

I don't know if I believe DK, but if red did prevent DK; it was true. I don't recall seeing the word "Roleblock" in his ability wording. DK fast voting LMD seems defensive as he cannot confirm his ability.
As I said, the PM from Pie used the word disabled. I just assumed it was a role block.

My vote on LMD is not defensive. It's basically just my strongest read for scum and it'll mean something after you guys hang me today (which, by the way, is how I'm going to confirm my role).

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=244146#p244146]I think ham should be looked at as I think he is lieing on his alignment. How many self aligned players are generally in a game?[/quote]

Leave Ham alone. Honestly,
claiming neutral was a bad play for him because you get guys like me that reasoned out to hang him as a safe bet because he'd likely switch sides. Now that's certainly not the case because the odds have changed.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Fuck. I want to edit that quote tag so badly...

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pm

You can always edit via double posting.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:20 pm

That's not the point. My post is ugly and I can't fix it.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:26 pm

So the mafia either doesn't have a nk per usual or something's up

Huh

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:31 pm

There are so many powers going around in this game that I wouldn't be surprised if someone was bulletproof or the doctor saved someone or even if we had another kind of role blocker that did hit the scum. There's no reason to suspect there's not a night kill.

We should assume that there is a night kill and that it simply failed.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Wraith, what's your alignment?

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Self aligned. Now that a scum got lynched, I think town is favored to win. Ham should be cased like stardust did cause I really think he falsely claiming. He used neutral as an alignment but I think it is a play of words. I win when any faction wins. His wording is wrong. I did not ya anything earlier as I wanted to see who he voted for. It is a high possibility that he bussed kaze to gain trust. Why DK is buttering up to ham is beyond me. DK is off my radar for a vote as he is in a cage technically. It would be a waste of a vote currently and only confirm Red and I somewhat.

I am only throwing out my credentials this game cause ham is falsely claiming in my opinion. A neutral claim is BS cause I hold that
spot. I doubt there is another like me in this game unless he another faction. Another faction that is not self aligned has to be dangerous.

No night kill has me intrigued. This small a player base demands the removal of players through night kills to get the numbers advantage.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Oh snaps, we got us a legit counter claim.

The fuck is going on?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Ok, let me do some quick math.

9 players. Assuming that Pie tried to balance it, we should have two scum. Two neutrals would bring the town number down to five. They still have a majority of the players, and with a vigilante, probably a doctor and apparently Red's disable, that sounds pretty powerful. If Wraith is a Neutral with Changeling, then there was at least a chance that he could have removed scum powers, too. I think that's reasonable to work with, considering that he said the game could end up as a bastard. There's no reason to assume that either Ham or Wraith must be lying.

So, assuming all that's been claimed is true so far... What have we got?
Red - Disabler now gone vanilla. He is as town as it gets.
Stardust - Asked for the extension, really started the Kaze wagon. He's definitely town.
Me - Town 2 shot Vigilante. I'm town.

Ham - Claimed Neutral Survivor. I believe it.
Wraith - Claimed Neutral
Changeling. Red backs that up.

We're not worried about neutrals, we need to find the last scum. I think we should narrow our suspect list down to the last three, Imopen, LMD, and Rez.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:48 pm

@DK, I am not neutral. I am self aligned and win when any faction wins if still alive. You cannot be neutral and vote. That makes no sense. I was going to let this go and fly quietly, but the chance that ham is scum is very high in my opinion. There is quite a long list of factions in this game, thus 2 of the same nontown and non scum are highly unlikely. I wanted see if ham would vote Kaze and he did. I believe he did so late in the day/vote as he saw a way to gain town favor. Stop using the word "neutral" as it is a scum ploy of words.

@stardust, do you think more than one self aligned faction in this game is possible?
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:03 pm

vote wraith

anti-town. kill it with fire.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:19 pm

@DK, I am not neutral. I am self aligned and win when any faction wins if still alive.
Self aligned is neutral. Same thing.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:28 pm

One more theory to throw out there:

The night kill didn't happen because the only remaining scum dude spent his night action on his other power.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:32 pm

ham, I feel like the winning condition you provided us doesn't line up really well with Wraith's...

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:37 pm

vote wraith

Not anti town. You let ham go even though he claimed a non town faction. I don't care if you vote me, but ham is claiming a faction that I hold. I am willing to risk the chance of being lynched to nail possible scum.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Self aligned. Now that a scum got lynched, I think town is favored to win. Ham should be cased like stardust did cause I really think he falsely claiming. He used neutral as an alignment but I think it is a play of words. I win when any faction wins. His wording is wrong. I did not ya anything earlier as I wanted to see who he voted for. It is a high possibility that he bussed kaze to gain trust. Why DK is buttering up to ham is beyond me. DK is off my radar for a vote as he is in a cage technically. It would be a waste of a vote currently and only confirm
Red and I somewhat.

I am only throwing out my credentials this game cause ham is falsely claiming in my opinion. A neutral claim is BS cause I hold that spot. I doubt there is another like me in this game unless he another faction. Another faction that is not self aligned has to be dangerous.

No night kill has me intrigued. This small a player base demands the removal of players through night kills to get the numbers advantage.
Nah bro, I claimed self-aligned from the start. Here's the post where I used it.
I'm not scum, and I know Red's not on my team because reasons.
I know you declined to answer to this already, but I really think you should. Do it. Independents are generally anti-town, so I'm going to lynch you either way. May as well try to convince me not to.
Ok, seems fine. I asked Pie to make me a self-aligned serial killer. He chose self-aligned and gave me a survivor role with an alternate ability that I can choose, but it leaves me unprotected.

My best chance to live through the game is to play the odds and go pro-town from the start. I cast my vote for DK, the player who seemed scummiest and has remained so. Finding scum seems a faster avenue to victory than hiding behind ever-shrinking numbers of townies.

:sherlock: etc.
I used the exact words from my role PM.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:43 pm

vote wraith

Why?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Okay, everyone just slow down here for a sec.

Wraith, Dechs, Red and hamfactorial. I want each of you to fully paraphrase your role PM's. Give us what two options you gave Pie, which he chose, and what your actual role name is (this you can quote). The only other information I want is details on how your role works. Just give me the exact details and nothing more - I want a snapshot here, not your life story.
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Self aligned. Now that a scum got lynched, I think town is favored to win. Ham should be cased like stardust did cause I really think he falsely claiming. He used neutral as an alignment but I think it is a play of words. I win when any faction wins. His wording is wrong. I did not ya anything earlier as I wanted to see who he voted for. It is a high possibility that he bussed kaze to gain
trust. Why DK is buttering up to ham is beyond me. DK is off my radar for a vote as he is in a cage technically. It would be a waste of a vote currently and only confirm Red and I somewhat.

I am only throwing out my credentials this game cause ham is falsely claiming in my opinion. A neutral claim is BS cause I hold that spot. I doubt there is another like me in this game unless he another faction. Another faction that is not self aligned has to be dangerous.

Nah bro, I claimed self-aligned from the start. Here's the post where I used it.
I'm not scum, and I know Red's not on my team because reasons.
I know you declined to answer to this already, but I really think you should. Do it. Independents are generally anti-town, so I'm going to lynch you either way. May as well try to convince me not to.
Ok, seems fine. I asked Pie to make me a self-aligned serial killer. He chose self-aligned and gave me a survivor role with an alternate ability that I can choose, but it leaves me unprotected.

My best chance to live through the game is to play the odds and go pro-town from the start. I cast my vote for DK, the player who seemed scummiest and has remained so. Finding scum seems a faster avenue to victory than hiding behind ever-shrinking numbers of townies.

etc.
I used the exact words from my role PM.
I can confirm my ability with red. You can not confirm anything. You bussed kaze. The role you claimed is a cover identity.

Do we have a lie detector in this game? It would really help.

vote Hamfactoral

I am confidant that you are scum. You said that you are not good at lying and I counter claim the shit out of you. The kaze vote is my best supporting evidence. Also, claiming self aligned, hanging back, and voting late day to buss Kaze sounds like your style of scum play. In a previous game, you alluded to the fact that you like to hang back, let the town go wild, and sneak in the vote. Sounds like your style.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Wraith, Dechs, Red and hamfactorial. I want each of you to fully paraphrase your role PM's. Give us what two options you gave Pie, which he chose, and what your actual role name is (this you can quote). The only other information I want is details on how your role works. Just give me the exact details and nothing more - I want a snapshot here, not your life story.
I choose self aligned and serial killer.

Pie picked self aligned. He gave the role of changeling survivor. It is in blue font color.

At night, I can target a player and gain their abilities. I still retain the alignment of self aligned survivor. My target gains changeling as their role.

I picked red
over night. Now I am self aligned day disabler survivor. During the day, I pm the mod a name to disable. That night, they are disabled and the mod informs that player they are disabled. I have to use the ability before I am lynched or anyone is lynched for it to work. It was only me to be lynched before twilight, but the mod changed it to anyone.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm

I originally PMed Pie SK/Arsonist because I didn't interpret the game rules correctly, and he told me I needed to submit an alignment and a single role name. He suggested self-aligned, which is a traditional alignment for the roles I requested. I picked self-aligned SK.

He chose self-aligned and gave me a survivor role.

At night, I choose a player to hide behind. If a player targets me with a kill ability, it will fail. If the player I chose is targeted with a kill ability, I die too.

I have a 1-shot vig that I can use, but I can't hide if I choose it.

I win if I'm alive when any faction achieves their win condition, or if I'm the last player alive.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:11 pm

@stardust, do you think more than one self aligned faction in this game is possible?
I'm going to wait for those full claims before I talk about anything else, but this I'll answer. Two survivors could be possible in a 9 player game, but it seems unlikely. A 7 player game would normally be balanced around 2 scum. With two survivors, that's basically this game. The only problem here is that if we're 5:2:2, a mislynch followed by a town kill results in 3:2:2, meaning town can lose Day 2 if the survivors join up with the scum. I think Pie would avoid that scenario at all costs. However, I don't know everyone's roles, so it might be possible to balance around that.

Yeah, nevermind, Wraith is scum. He botched his claim.

Vote
Wraith
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm going to wait for those full claims before I talk about anything else, but this I'll answer. Two survivors could be possible in a 9 player game, but it seems unlikely. A 7 player game would normally be balanced around 2 scum. With two survivors, that's basically this game. The only problem here is that if we're 5:2:2, a mislynch followed by a town kill results in 3:2:2, meaning town can lose Day 2 if the survivors join up with the scum. I think Pie would avoid that scenario at all costs. However,
I don't know everyone's roles, so it might be possible to balance around that.

Yeah, nevermind, Wraith is scum. He botched his claim.

Vote Wraith.
What? I gave all the info? Ham's role has 2 major abilities. I only have one.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:15 pm

I also chose serial killer as my alignment. I also was told that's impossible (and changed it to self-aligned). You, apparently, weren't told that, therefore your chosen ability/alignment is a lie.
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Whistle blowers always get lynched. :no:
Well I am targeting ham with my new cool ability then. :munch:

When I role my claimed alignment and ability; you guys Lynch ham cause he is scum.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:18 pm

I also chose serial killer as my alignment. I also was told that's impossible (and changed it to self-aligned). You, apparently, weren't told that, therefore your chosen ability/alignment is a lie.
I did not get told that and was just given changeling. :shrug:

I think he may have told you that as a joke. You are not allowed to be that awesome.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Um, no. Serial Killer is not an alignment. It's also not an ability (you couldn't be a Town Serial Killer). Like hammy, Pie made me change my choices. It was not a joke, you're lying, please hang, etc.
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Um, no. Serial Killer is not an alignment. It's also not an ability (you couldn't be a Town Serial Killer). Like hammy, Pie made me change my choices. It was not a joke, you're lying, please hang, etc.

Ok. Believe what you want. Ehhh, I haven't been lynched yet in a game besides the theros game, but someone else was at the helm. I am concerned that stardust is pushing my vote cause maybe ham and stardust are in the same faction.

DK, make stardust a holy man for me.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:31 pm

I asked for Town - Godfather, ended up as Town Disabler (and now Town Changeling).

For the role descriptions, Wraith did a good job in explaining them.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:35 pm

I used 2 abilities in game that might lynch scum. I basically cleared red, counter claimed ham, and locked down my scum pick. Not a bad for day 2.

Also, I did not pick town and serial killer. I choose self aligned and serial killer. Not a word from pie was given to change it. How many of you Idgets choose serial killer? Would like to know that fact when the game ends.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Return to “Completed Games”