Greatest Idea Mafia *** Game Over ***

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Dechs Kaison » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:53 pm

This is exactly what I was hoping for.

vote Jamie
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:09 pm

That reasoning is piss poor, I have no real reason as anti town to come out of no where and make a counter claim this bold. My best case scenario as anti town would be going 1 for 1, which would be retarded and just a terrible trade. I'm town, you're not, even if this gets flipped around on me you're still dying on day two.
You had no opposition other than the person you are counterclaiming but you make a zero-content 'Look how town I am, being in a bandwagon' post. Maybe calm down before you post and not resort to saying mean things.

Its probably important to hear rcwraspy's post regarding reads on him first, before the day is over, regardless.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:50 pm

am I missing something here?
Yes, you are missing something. A mislynch brings them to 3v5. This is a 9 player game. Does that make you neutral?
:monocle:
No, that just makes me stupid :rofl:

Jamie I'm not voting you right now because you're already at L-2, time to full-claim I guess :V

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:04 pm

@mod: votecount, please :love:

I'd like to vote Jamie, but will hold off to make sure I don't hammer him without discussion. I'll be at a work event today so I'm posting from phone but I'll follow along.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:44 pm

That reasoning is piss poor, I have no real reason as anti town to come out of no where and make a counter claim this bold. My best case scenario as anti town would be going 1 for 1, which would be retarded and just a terrible trade. I'm town, you're not, even if this gets flipped around on me you're still dying on day two.
You had no opposition other than the person you are counterclaiming but you make a zero-content 'Look how town I am, being in a bandwagon' post. Maybe calm down before you post and not resort to saying mean things.

Its probably important to hear rcwraspy's post regarding reads on him first, before the day is over, regardless.
No anger or irrationality involved, nothing I said was directed at you either. If anything I'm happy that the one in a hundred chance came around for the counter claim.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:00 pm

rcwraspy

Questions me on RVS immediately following my claim. As I said before, "I voted him because his questions were targeting all the wrong things. I had just claimed. He talks about nothing but my RVS vote that wasn't even a vote. It felt like he wanted to smear me with something without taking a proper stance."
I've had a problem with paying attention to important things so far this game. Hopefully that stops. I didn't realize Iso wasn't even playing, lol. I didn't even bother to look at the player list when you posted that vote - I just reacted to it. Suffice it to say that I didn't need to follow up on this after I realized my mistake.
Ah, right, he follows my vote with good questions now. Carries on for a couple posts trying to catch me in a lie which I think is town motivated behaviour, though it could go either way.
Glad I can still do something right.
Answers a question of mine directed at LMD. It's odd that he feels the need to defend himself from a question that wasn't even targeting him - I got the impression that LMD was talking about me exclusively, so why is rcw nervous about how he came off?
This is a bad habit of mine. I get tied up thinking things through and sometimes when someone asks a question of someone else that touches on what I'm thinking about I respond. I need to stop that. I had been wondering whether or not to resopnd to your vote, decided it wasn't worth it, and jumped the gun on your question to LMD.
Calls my case on Dechs "decent", but doesn't go anywhere with it.
Because I didn't feel a need to. Dechs was still providing a ton of content for everybody to digest, and there was also the claiming thing. I felt that if I wanted to go back to it there was time.
I should have let Ham do this himself, but I have a habit of correcting inaccuracies and/or oversights. I'm a bit of a pain that way.
Asks some frankly awkward questions of Dechs, but never returns to it.
Same reasons as above - Dechs was still posting a lot and I didn't see a reason to go back to it. Plus, if they're bad questions to begin with, why follow up? He also responded.
rcw, I want you to post a town/scum list with reasoning for each player.
Here's my current T/S list. In order of Rez's post of players. Some I don't have much of a read on because of lack of content.

1. Dechs Kaison - null. I can see both town and scum motivation for his desire for everybody to claim and for his posts in Stardust's "cases" on him. I think I need to wait for D2 or a lot more D1 activity to tell here, especially after we get a flip on today's lynch, whoever that may be.

2. Lord_Mcdonalds - I want to say town because the few posts have been good, but that's just it - they've been few and far between and mostly at opportune scum times. Leaning town but watching.

3. Stardust - I have a gut feeling as to your real role, and it's not what you claimed. I'm not saying it, though, because that wouldn't be beneficial. You're pretty lucky you didn't get counter-claimed. I won't be lynching you unless my gut feeling is proven wrong, but I'll be wary of any wagons you're on.

4. Witchhunt - fine thinking of WH as town for now b/c of the counter-claim. But that's certainly not dispositive of scuminess.

5. Hamfactorial - sort of like LMD. Hard to say. However, in my few games with Ham he's typically been aloof in day 1.

6. rcwraspy - this guy's as town as they come.

7. Jamie - lets lynch this guy.

8. Rednihilist - in the same boat as LMD and Ham. A few good posts, but not much to go on.

9. imopen2 - this might come across as omgus, but I really do think his vote on me was very scummy. After Jamie this is my strongest scum read so far.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:01 pm

@mod: votecount, please :love:

I'd like to vote Jamie, but will hold off to make sure I don't hammer him without discussion.
ditto.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Votecount 1.3

Dechs Kaison (2)- Jamie [72], Lord_Mcdonalds [161]
rcwraspy (1)- imopen2 [185]
Jamie (3) - WitchHunt [190], Stardust [200], Dechs Kaison [201]

Not Voting (3): Rednihilist [87], Hamfactorial [142], rcwraspy [144]

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

-----
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Jamie, you're at L-2. Please full claim and tell us your thoughts on your wagon and your T/S list.

Folks - please don't L-1 or hammer Jamie until he's had a chance to give us info.

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:37 am

No anger or irrationality involved, nothing I said was directed at you either. If anything I'm happy that the one in a hundred chance came around for the counter claim.
Hold up what? You literally used "you" meaning there was no ambiguity that you directed that entire post at me. You called my reasoning 'piss poor' and gave no counterpoint even after someone else said I had a point. There is no world where you can say that post wasn't exactly what I made it out to be.

It is EV+ for town if I don't reveal.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:17 am

Wha... what? Re-read the post please. The only time "You" was even used was "you're not" and "you're still" in the very last sentence. I digress, I won't push the subject any longer. Is anyone convinced by Jamie's refusal to claim?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:01 pm

There was more than one super saint card, right? Maybe we should get a specific person to hammer just in case. rcw, maybe?
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:50 pm

It is EV+ for town if I don't reveal.
At least give us your thoughts on the Wagon and your T/S list.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:58 pm

There was more than one super saint card, right? Maybe we should get a specific person to hammer just in case. rcw, maybe?
Town Supersaint #30 and Werefolf Supersaint #102

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Town Supersaint #30 and Werefolf Supersaint #102
If Jamie is a supersaint and I hammer, I will die.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:38 pm

I think that was the point.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:03 pm

yeah, i'm not a fan of that

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:04 pm

in a more normal setup I'd put Jamie to L-1 right now. But with so many roles and so much that can backfire, I do want to at least see Jamie's T/S list before committing.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Post a t/s and any other advice you have, Jaime. If you're actually town (I highly doubt it), we'll lynch witch toMorrow and your post right now becomes useful.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm happy with a RCW hammer

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:18 pm

good for you. it's unlikely to happen.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:42 pm

How about you? You're allegedly a town Black Goo, so you'll get to keep your teammates out of the cult if Jamie is a saint, and you'll look like a total stud if he's lying.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Am I the scummiest player in the game, ham? I don't remember you ever saying much about me, but now you'd rather I die over every other player?
҉

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Stardust and hamfactorial and witchhunt share a QT. RCW is alien or ww or serial killer. Everyone else is town.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:49 pm

vote: Jamie

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:53 pm

I don't really see Stardust and Ham sharing a faction. I could be wrong, of course, but I still have my own guess as to Stardust's true role. Jamie's giving the bare minimum of information, which is usually what scum do when they're pushed to L-2 or L-1. Town would be much more proactive at helping future days.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:22 am

Am I the scummiest player in the game, ham? I don't remember you ever saying much about me, but now you'd rather I die over every other player?
I don't think you're the scummiest player here, I'm just offering a suggestion about which townie should absorb the Saint hammer if one actually exists.

I'll hammer him because YOLO, anyone want me to wait? I saw raspy put him up to L-1.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:06 am

Right, whereas I'd rather a townie not hammer him at all.

Hammer if you feel like it. Jamie not claiming has me thinking the saint is possible, so I'd rather force rcw to hammer, but it probably doesn't matter.
҉

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:21 am

I'll take the risk. Someone else put him to L-1 again. I'll hammer.

Unvote

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:08 am

If I die and revealed town, and the nightkill doesn't reveal any meaningful information, who do you daykill day2?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:09 am

If I die and revealed town, and the nightkill doesn't reveal any meaningful information, who do you daykill day2?
Did I miss something or did someone claim daykill ability?

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:15 am

lynch, i mean

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:22 am

Ah. Well, traditionally it's a little scummy to set up lynches that far in advance.

The nightkill(s) will of course reveal information and how you flip will certainly reveal information as you haven't even claimed anything. Who we lynch tomorrow is going to be on the back of a lot of new information we'll get from Night and we'll have a fair amount of discussion.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:24 am

Unvote

Vote: Jamie

I'd much prefer RCW hammer, but w/e.

If you flip town, Jaime, we're probably going to lynch the guy who counterclaimed you. :sherlock:

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 am

Unvote
Why?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:16 am

Unvote
Why?
Because, as far as I can tell, I'm the other big scum candidate. If he is a supersaint, you guys can get me off your radar at the same time.

Vote Jaime

That should be hammer. Good Night folks.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:21 am

Final thoughts in case I die from SuperSaint:
Jamie, you're at L-2. Please full claim and tell us your thoughts on your wagon and your T/S list.

Folks - please don't L-1 or hammer Jamie until he's had a chance to give us info.
I read this like Daylight orders to a scum teammate with a public service announcement to make sure that teammate doesn't get lynched.

Couple that with RCW's complete refusal to hammer makes me think the supersaint is more likely. RCW would know that his teammate is a supersaint. While he's willing to bus the teammate, he's not willing to die with him.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Final thoughts in case I die from SuperSaint:

I read this like Daylight orders to a scum teammate with a public service announcement to make sure that teammate doesn't get lynched.

Couple that with RCW's complete refusal to hammer makes me think the supersaint is more likely. RCW would know that his teammate is a supersaint. While he's willing to bus the teammate, he's not willing to die with him.
that's a stretch. Those are always town's requests to someone about to get lynched. And just because I don't want to die if he's a super Saint doesn't mean we're teammates. hell it was more about not following Stardust's and imopen2's wishes than anything else.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Votecount 1.4

Dechs Kaison (2)- Jamie [72], Lord_Mcdonalds [161]
rcwraspy (1)- imopen2 [185]
Jamie (5) - WitchHunt [190], Stardust [200], rcwraspy [225], imopen2 [234], Dechs Kaison [236]
Not Voting (5): Rednihilist [87], Hamfactorial [142]

With 5 votes, Jamie has been lynched.

It is now twilight.

-----
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:45 pm

So, RCW, you read stardust and myself as scummy? Please case us.

Return to “Completed Games”