Greatest Idea Mafia *** Game Over ***

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Azrael
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 pm

They wouldn't. It'd be an act of desperation.
Risk losing your nightkill for the rest of the game just for the chance to be on a team that you don't even know exists? Not likely.
Dechs, I'd rather you targeted no one. If any scum role has a redirection ability, you're toast.
Can you explain this? Why does redirection of Dechs' ability really matter at this point in the game? Frankly, I'd love it if that happened because then I'd know there was a redirector with little downside otherwise.
Not likely, just tough to explain the repeated no kills at the moment.

Are we sure no one has information based on possibly preventing one of those kills?

Not sure it helps the town to explain that latter question, just take my word for it. We don't want Dechs to use his ability.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Course, it's also possible that the scum didn't believe your claim either, Stardust. They might have thought you were a power role who was bluffing, and wound up screwing themselves over. That would be pretty humorous.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:00 pm

Or maybe they didn't realize they'd lose their kill by attempting it and becoming cult. Did we verify that becoming cult disables kills?

If becoming cult doesn't disable kills, it's possible that mafia intentionally targeted Stardust in order to increase their chances of winning with multiple cultists, and is planning to use their kill to kill non-cultists.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:06 pm

The mafia nightkill is a factional ability, so should be overwritten when you change factions.

Also, it's easy to explain the lack of kills. Jamie was the only player with a killing ability. Simple. If that's proven wrong tonight, then fine, but I'm not really interested in continuing to speculate on a game that's probably not this game. Let's lynch ham and move onto the next one.
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:26 pm

Votecount 3.1

hamfactorial (5): Dechs Kaison [465], Hamfactorial [466], Rednihilist [468], Stardust [508], Azrael [512]

Not Voting (3): imopen2 [457], rcwraspy [457], WitchHunt [457]

That's a lynch!

It is now twilight

-----

I've been pretty good about doing vote counts every 75-100 posts.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:34 am

The mafia nightkill is a factional ability, so should be overwritten when you change factions.
Confirmed.
҉

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 am

Would they lose their quicktopic, too?
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:52 am

Also, looking through the cards again, I'm very sure that the only redirect power is the Alien one that was already discarded. Knowing that, is there anyone you'd like me to silence?

And don't say Stardust.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:28 am

Would they lose their quicktopic, too?
Yes. I didn't confirm that explicitly, but rezmo's response makes it clear that all factional abilities would be lost.
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:50 am

hamfactorial has been lynched!

he was:

Cult Tracker

Tracker Abilities:
During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
Tracker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of the name of anyone that player targeted during that Night.

Faction Abilities:
Win Condition: You win when all players without a Cult wincon are eliminated and at least one Cult-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).
-----

It is now Night 3.

Please do not post.

Please submit all night actions to me via PM.

Night will end in ~48 hours.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:25 am

It is now day 4

You may post.

-----

Not Voting (7): imopen2 [531], rcwraspy [531], WitchHunt [531], Dechs Kaison [531], Rednihilist [531], Stardust [531], Azrael [531]

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

-----

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:07 am

Alright, az is confirmed town. I never actually said I was a roleblocker, I just said I roleblocked. I'm actually a jack of all trades. I copped az last night and he is innocent.

We obviously didn't win though so are we sticking to the plan of lynching RCW again? Seems like we're under no pressure to do anything else...
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:22 am

Correction,"not guilty"

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:08 pm

That's a cop that checks for mafia only? So he could still be werewolf/alien/whatever?

Anyway, that's cool. Yeah, I'm up for lynching rcw again. Not coming clean following his lynch is reason enough for me at this point. I hope some random didn't decide to target me and is now hiding out, but maybe we should just mass claim tomorrow if lynching rcw doesn't work. We're under no pressure and it doesn't look like mass claiming will give the bad guys much useful information.
҉

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Vote: RCW

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Not coming clean following his lynch is reason enough for me at this point.
Why feel the need to say this at all? It's pretty much the consensus that lynching me today is the only move. It also makes perfect sense why I wouldn't come clean between lynch and night but instead wait until the next day. I've already elaborated on it, but the tl;dr is I didn't want to give Mafia an easy kill and I didn't want to sway the discussion for wagon analysis purposes.

For when I flip town vanilla: imopen has always been on my radar but his role is helping him out. See what other scenarios exist. He's lurky as hell. I also don't trust Stardust's claim. Black Goo was all but confirmed via Ham but his alignment hasn't been.

Also, imopen, why did you cop Az last night instead of me? Wouldn't you want to get info on who we're all lining up to lynch?

vote: rcwraspy
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:52 pm

From my phone so a quick comment.

RCW's last two questions are really good. RCW is the most viable lynch right now and that could have been confirmed.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:58 pm

I'm not sure I'm okay with lynching rcw at the moment, will post later about it.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:50 pm

unvote

since it seems there may be some more discussion after all.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:53 am

I hope I doesn't end up sounding too confused but it's 8.30 AM here but my hangover is preventing me from sleeping, so I guess I'll try to explain my ideas.

Alive:
Azrael
Dechs Kaison
imopen2
rcwraspy
Rednihilist
Stardust
Witchhunt

We know that at least 4 of these 7 players started the game as town. We know that the remaining menaces to town have surrendered or they're just having problems with their nightkill.
Since nobody has claimed being a doctor (or he is VERY effective at what he's doing if there's one), my take is that we could be facing no more mafia - werewolves - serial killers but some other kind of threat.
That brings us to:
- lyncher -> I guess a lyncher would not be counted in the required 50%+ town block at the beginning of the game and considered a threat to town when doing the end game check; at this point of the game I'm tempted of asking lynchers to claim and support their objective just for the sake of speeding up things (this game is boring me), but I don't really think anybody here has shown a "lyncher pattern" so far so I don't really think this is a viable way;
- aliens! -> aliens have just 1 nightkill over the entire game, so if I was one I guess i'll treasure it for critical moments rather than just fire it when there are too many players around; yet, alien cards are not many (7) and we know for sure that somebody has taken card 106 (Alien Silencer) for the ability;
-> cult -> this could become an issue, as card 118 is real and we've having a confirmed Black Goo in the game.

@ Rezmo: is Town Black Goo considered to be a threat to town?
@ Stardust: can you please explain me again why you've chosen to take Black Goo?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:54 am

@ Rezmo #2: if somebody nightkills Stardust, will he become Cult?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:19 am

i targeted az with the cop because i consider he and stardust to be the two strongest players in this game and i don't want to join a cult via black goo. i like to know some people i can trust, rather than investigate someone we're probably going to lynch no matter what

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:51 pm

1. Threats to town are based on win condition.

2. I don't know

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Yeah, at this point, I would happily lynch whoever a lyncher needs us to lynch aside from a confirmed town, if they're prepared to claim it. Lyncher and cult-leader are our only two remaining viable possibilities for scum, right? In this game, it's not as if mislynching someone who may or may not be a town player is going to cost us a nightkill as well. It's a straight 1 for 1 swap to turn the lyncher into a townie, with the added benefit that the person we delete might just be scum.

PPE: Aliens, too, I guess. Statement stands.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:36 am

The lack of night kills this game kind of disturbs me. Am I playing Mafia right now? I guess the balance thing mentioned was legit. I want to hear from Red, then I'll look at voting for Raspy depending on how things are looking.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:38 am

NM, I scrolled over it on accident. Reading.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:03 am

Cultists don't have a QT so I don't feel like there's really any kind of threat there. So Stardust being a oneshot recruiter for cultist makes no sense to me anymore since Ham had no real reason to sacrifice himself, so he's town in my book. Az has been super strong town for me, as has Dechs. I'm town, so that means I'm looking at imopen2, raspy, and Red. I'm going to look at doing a more thorough read through before I vote toDay though.

With the lack of nightkills, it feels like Jaime was probably the only one with one and we blocked him, so I'm not sure there's a mafia team at all really.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:05 am

Cultists don't have a QT so I don't feel like there's really any kind of threat there.
Cult lacks a QT and the ability to night kill, yet we can't win the game until we've got rid of them as well.
That's what "being a threat" means.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Cultists don't have a QT so I don't feel like there's really any kind of threat there. So Stardust being a oneshot recruiter for cultist makes no sense to me anymore since Ham had no real reason to sacrifice himself, so he's town in my book. Az has been super strong town for me, as has Dechs. I'm town, so that means I'm looking at imopen2, raspy, and Red. I'm going to look at doing a more thorough read through before I vote toDay though.

With the lack of nightkills, it feels like Jaime was probably the only one with one and we blocked him, so I'm not sure there's a mafia team at all really.
When I make posts that sound like this at this point in a game after being largely absent people call it scummy.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Do you find that post scummy?
Point out why.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:31 pm

WitchHunt, you know I'm not a 1-shot recruiter since that's an ability - my ability is proven to be Black Goo thanks to ham flipping Cult and tracking me (with no result) Night 1. That doesn't really mean I'm town, but why I would choose to be Cult over Town in a game like this, I have no idea. I'm going to get lynched eventually if this game continues, so you can probably take it on faith that I would have realised that and chosen town for exactly that reason. Choosing cult would be suicide in the end, especially with a passive power like mine.
i targeted az with the cop because i consider he and stardust to be the two strongest players in this game and i don't want to join a cult via black goo. i like to know some people i can trust, rather than investigate someone we're probably going to lynch no matter what
This logic makes some sense, but it definitely would have been better to target rcw. You know he's either mafia or town. Targeting him proves it one way or the other. Azrael's not mafia, but that's doesn't mean he's town. Too bad you don't have another shot, or else we could just choose to no lynch today so you can confirm rcw.
@ Stardust: can you please explain me again why you've chosen to take Black Goo?
It's all in my first post. Long story short, I wanted to be bulletproof. I didn't even consider that anyone would target me to try and prove I'm lying - I figured I'd just be lynched if you all really believed that.

Anyway, I think I'm still on board the lynch rcw then mass claim tomorrow train. Reading into this game is going to be a headache if it comes to that.

Vote rcwraspy.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Do you find that post scummy?
Point out why.
yes. He's waffling, biding time, and trying to look like he's contributing without actually doing so.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Where is he waffling?
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Scummy post is scummy. I'm not going to dissect it. I'm the logical lynch for today (or Stardust but I don't see that happening) so lets get it over with. GL tomorrow cause I'm flipping town. Imopen missed the boat on keeping a townie alive.

vote rcwraspy

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Scummy post is scummy. I'm not going to dissect it.
Why not? That post doesn't read as scummy at all to me. The logical thing for a townie to do here is dissect it, or at least show that you're not just making things up.
҉

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Yeah, at this point, I would happily lynch whoever a lyncher needs us to lynch aside from a confirmed town, if they're prepared to claim it. Lyncher and cult-leader are our only two remaining viable possibilities for scum, right? In this game, it's not as if mislynching someone who may or may not be a town player is going to cost us a nightkill as well. It's a straight 1 for 1 swap to turn the lyncher into a townie, with the added benefit that the person we delete might just be scum.

PPE: Aliens, too, I guess. Statement stands.
This is more dangerous than you make it sound, Az.

Seven of us are alive; four of those must have been town. We have one known, that's RCW. Two are unknown. Let's say one is a Lyncher and the other is one of the scum factions who for whatever reason won't/can't kill. If we just let the lyncher come out and do his thing, it does take two people out of the game. Rez confirmed that a lyncher, once achieving his win condition, leaves the game. The lyncher doesn't become a vanilla townie; he leaves. We could lose one townie to the lynch and then the lyncher goes away, too. If we do that after lynching RCW, that brings us down to only four players with one scum.

I don't know if I'd risk that just to clear the lyncher out of the game. If there is a lyncher, he probably realizes that, too. It's way safer for town to lynch the lyncher, so there's no way he's coming forward.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Scummy post is scummy. I'm not going to dissect it.
Why not? That post doesn't read as scummy at all to me. The logical thing for a townie to do here is dissect it, or at least show that you're not just making things up.
Because it pisses me of that when I post like that I get called out for it but when someone else does it nobody cares.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:49 pm

:stubborn:

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:41 pm

i targeted az with the cop because i consider he and stardust to be the two strongest players in this game and i don't want to join a cult via black goo. i like to know some people i can trust,
That's not at all what you did, though. You didn't prove that you could trust Az at all because we were already knew there's not a Mafia killing people. If Az can't be trusted, it's not because he's Mafia. It's because he's a lyncher or a cultist or an Alien or whatever other possibilities are left here. You just wasted your cop ability.
rather than investigate someone we're probably going to lynch no matter what
No. We wouldn't even consider lynching him if you could have cleared him. RCW was 50/50 mafia and the only target your cop ability could have done anything for. Now we have to waste a lynch and possibly even a teammate on the "only logical lynch." You may not have set this up, but you could have done something to stop it. I think you're the one with anti-town motivations here.

Vote Imopen

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Do I want to jump on the Wagon of one of my original scumspects? Yeah, I think I do.

unvote

vote imopen2

Return to “Completed Games”