SOA Mafia: Season One -- Day Four

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:49 am

I want to know who shot Jamie because he's likely town. I'd like it to come out now to narrow the scum suspect pool.
Because I believe you're town, Ham. I'll do it for you.

I killed Jamie.

My role is a town 1-shot vig and the PM said it had to be done after a lynch but before night fell. Imopen and I went back and forth a bit since there was no twilight (so when can I do my ability!?!), but he let me do the kill before he got any actions during the night. I figured that after Ham and Ria that I was on people's town blocks, and that it's possible I wouldn't get another chance to use my ability. I didn't want to waste it. Jamie was a big scumspect and I didn't like his hammer.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:56 am

I thought you were town before, so I was hoping it would be someone else. But hey, thumbs up!

I was suspicious of Jamie, leaning town but plenty of reasonable doubt to keep me from fully believing in him. Vigging him was a fine choice from my POV.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:01 am

Yeah, it's probably fine for the vig to keep quiet for now. Shooting Jamie was a perfectly reasonable choice, and having an almost-confirmed-town person waiting in the weeds is nice. It does make the game harder for us since there are more people to sort through, but it makes the game harder for scum too since they have to worry about voting the townie.

Then again, we are in mylo, so it's probably best for them to come out before the end of the Day.
This post is absolute bullshit. Please lynch with great prejudice.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:09 am

Care to elaborate, rez? What exactly do you dislike about it?

That he claims it makes the game harder for scum is giving me pause. Of course it doesn't make anything harder for scum. They know who is scum and who isn't. From there it's just a matter of hopping on and off wagons instead of leading their charge.

But that's kind of the opposite of a scum-slip, isn't it?
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:29 am

Yeah, it's probably fine for the vig to keep quiet for now.
no it isnt.
Shooting Jamie was a perfectly reasonable choice,
it was fairly reasonable i suppose. (there was a wagon on jamie for a while but everyone pretty much realized that he was town and moved on)
and having an almost-confirmed-town person waiting in the weeds is nice.
this makes absolutely zero goddamn sense, but wait, it gets crazier...
It does make the game harder for us since there are more people to sort through, but it makes the game harder for scum too since they have to worry about voting the townie.
it makes the game harder for scum too....

they have to worry about voting the townie...

scum want to get the town lynched, theres no way that we would lynch someone who is confirmed town. Stardust just wanted to misdirect here and offer a bullshit reason for the vig to not come forward and generate a solid town block.
Then again, we are in mylo, so it's probably best for them to come out before the end of the Day.
There are six people left, pretty sure were not in a 'mislynch you lose' scenario.

If I'm wrong, someone explain maths to me.

-----

I want to highlight another thing this scum posted today that bothered me:
I'm a bit concerned that ya'll might want to just lynch me at this point .... Need to find a better alternative before that happens.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:37 am

Him 'toying around with a rez/rcw scumteam in his head' or whatever is some nonsense also.

-----
Unvote, Vote LMD.

This feels right. LMD's contributions to the Jamie wagon amounted to very little and didn't feel like normal LMD blazing his own trail, it felt like LMD trying to either cast suspicion or force a contribution or set up to get me lynched following Jamie's mislynch, take your pick. That was followed up by LMD ignoring my question to him (about my own alignment) while simultaneously asking a question about himself. Going back to Day 1, LMD has his typical involvement, but I disliked his early interactions with me (voting, then unvoting for unclear reasons - and another of my questions that he dodged on that same subject).

WitchHunt I'm not sure on. His question to LMD, and LMD's subsequent response (here) feel fabricated somehow, but that's not enough to go off even if LMD does flip scum. WitchHunt's own contributions to the Jamie wagon were okayish, but kind of felt forced. Like he's forcing himself to post, to find more, to respond. I had a town read on him Day 1, so he's more or less an unknown to me at this point.

rezmo, I think that this post makes your questions irrelevant, but feel free to prod me for answers if you want them.
LMD being scum makes Jamie town. At this point that seems most likely.
Because this: "The dog's got a point."

Why an lmd-wichhunt scumteam?

Are you saying you think they're both scummy, but not scummier than Jamie? If so, why would you be consider them to be a team?

Do their actions lead you to believe that they can only be acum if the other one is?

If so, why is your vote on Jamie?

If you come to the conclusion that lmd-witchhunt is the scum team, who would you have lynched first?

If that person flipped town, would you have the other person lynched as well? Or woupdbone being town clear the other in your eyes?
WitchHunt's question and LMD's response both felt forced somehow. Like they were talking with a scum buddy.

Both were scummy and in need of a readthrough to decide if they were scummier than Jamie. See above.

No.

Because I hadn't done the work yet.

Whoever is scummier. LMD in this case.

If one or the other flipped town, that would negate this one tell. If there's little more beyond that, I would drop the case, but it definitely wouldn't clear the other as town. That for their other behaviour to judge.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:38 am

let me know if you want me to explain what i see in those posts. But I'd like to see what others come up with.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:01 am

Also, where's witchhunt?

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:06 am

I thought you were town before, so I was hoping it would be someone else. But hey, thumbs up!

I was suspicious of Jamie, leaning town but plenty of reasonable doubt to keep me from fully believing in him. Vigging him was a fine choice from my POV.
I kept trying to convince myself he was town the more I read his posts, but the sudden hammer threw me off so I don't blame him either. At least with him claiming vig we can be reasonably sure that Jaime didn't fall victim to a double mafia kill, so I agree with the thumbs up statement.
Jamie was not the scum kill. "Night proceeds as normal. If any night actions have already been made, they may be revised in light of this news" means that Jamie himself did not have the opportunity to be targeted by night abilities (a doctor, for example).
No twilight means that he's been killed through a daylight vig - otherwise he would have died at the beginning of the new day like rialnann, I think.
I find both these posts suspect. It feels like scum trying to make sense of something happening on their turf (after night fell). It looks like Stardust was right, but he put it together way too quickly, especially since he said he hadn't paid attention to the game once night fell.
This caught my eye as well, it was one of those things where it wasn't really obvious until I had seen it spelled out.

Stardust, I can kind of understand the Rezombad bit on your scum team considering his previous lurkyness (And his sudden activity), but where's the Raspy part come in? Maybe I need to look more closely, but I'm not really seeing it.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:09 am

Rereading and stuff. I was looking through the thread and see if a Raspy/Rez team jumped out at me, but it really wasn't.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:11 am

What, specifically, points to me being scum?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:13 am

More importantly, why did you ignore my like, 6 posts about stardusts scummy shit and instead do everything short of asking him to pleasr tell you who you should vote for and why?

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:30 am

I said I could kind of understand it, not "Rezombad's scum". It's probably more your playstyle, but your lurky terse style early game and then you basically open up with "Me and these guys are town, vote Stardust". Now that you've finally brought information to light, it's quite a bit different. I'm not ignoring what you said, but I'd rather see if his statement holds any water before I just blindly vote because you said so.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:57 am

What questions would you like to ask stardust?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:02 am

Because what I got from your posts was:

'I can see how rezombad is scum, but not a rcw rez scum team. Please tell me how I should vote in a way that makes it look like I'm trying to catch scum'

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:47 am

Quick question for you rezmo: do you believe raspy's claim?

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:50 am

I wanted him to elaborate on his case on Raspy, because I've really gotten nothing but town vibes off of him.

In regards to the last post you left as quotes, are you referencing the "If X flips scum, Y is town" tell he seems to fond of? Looking at it, if LMD flipped town then by his deduction we should've went straight for Jamie as scum? Do you think he was setting them both up for easy kills?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:27 pm

I wanted him to elaborate on his case on Raspy, because I've really gotten nothing but town vibes off of him.

In regards to the last post you left as quotes, are you referencing the "If X flips scum, Y is town" tell he seems to fond of? Looking at it, if LMD flipped town then by his deduction we should've went straight for Jamie as scum? Do you think he was setting them both up for easy kills?
Yes

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Quick question for you rezmo: do you believe raspy's claim?
Yup

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:40 pm

I've misread your case, that question is completely irrelevant.

I can give you a response on why I would have rather preferred if raspy had waited before claiming if you want, but I'd rather prefer to read what Stardust is going to reply about your case.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:23 pm

I can give you a response on why I would have rather preferred if raspy had waited before claiming if you want, but I'd rather prefer to read what Stardust is going to reply about your case.
Why do you want to wait for stardust? He explained why he thought the vig shouldn't claim, you should too.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:50 pm

First off, where we ended up at the end of the Day was strange, and how we got there had me suspicious of those not voting.
That's a lynch!

Vote count #8:

LMD(5): stardust, ham, witchhunt, rianalnn, jaime
Jaime(2): red, lmd
Not Voting(2): rez, rcw
With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch
Both rez and rcw were involved at the start of the Day, then said they needed time to come down one way or the other. That didn't happen in either case despite a fair amount of time to do so. I was surprised when both our leading wagons (LMD and Jamie) flipped town, so started turning this game over in my head without rereading. Thinking back on rcw's late-in-the-Day contributions, it's a bit funny, particularly this post. That doesn't matter anymore for multiple reasons, but just to say I wasn't considering rcw for no reason.

rezombad is sort of a similar case. He was active Day 2, but didn't really do much. Defended Jamie (without much basis, in my opinion), voted me without ever presenting reasoning, then unvoted when that didn't take and never came back. I'll go into more detail here in a bit if I decide to push a case against rez, but Day 2 really bugged me on the whole. It's a bit of a weird situation to have two townie wagons competing Day 2, and scum often don't know what to do with that. rezmo seemed unjustifiably sure of his town reads (in both cases), which is a frequent scum response to a townie wagon if the scum is looking to stay distant from an oncoming townie flip.

Does Roleblocker actually prevent the bomb from going off though? Can anyone confirm that?
A standard roleblocker wouldn't, but if there's a roleblocker that makes someone lose their abilities for a night or something it could happen. I'm really not sure what happened to kpaca, but it's for sure an odd ability mix to make this happen.
It feels like scum trying to make sense of something happening on their turf (after night fell). It looks like Stardust was right, but he put it together way too quickly, especially since he said he hadn't paid attention to the game once night fell.
Me not rereading the game doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention. My focus was on why there were two townie deaths, what roles made sense for that outcome and what that meant for the Day 2 wagons on those two players. I didn't reread a single old post, but I did read the new ones and consider what that meant to the game.
That he claims it makes the game harder for scum is giving me pause. Of course it doesn't make anything harder for scum. They know who is scum and who isn't. From there it's just a matter of hopping on and off wagons instead of leading their charge.
It definitely does make life harder for scum. Let's say you're an activated innocent child - publically mod confirmed town whenever you send him a PM. Do you use it right away? No! You wait until there's a wagon on you so you get that town "flip" and all the wagon information that goes along with it. rcw wasn't going to get a wagon on him anyway, so it's really fine that he claimed, but if it had been someone else, not claiming until that wagon forms (or at least until people come down with some votes for the Day) gives town an advantage. Scum are often very concerned about getting the roles out there so they know who it's safe to make cases on.
Shooting Jamie was a perfectly reasonable choice,
it was fairly reasonable i suppose. (there was a wagon on jamie for a while but everyone pretty much realized that he was town and moved on)
"Everyone" not including red, LMD, me and apparently rcw. Why even mention this? What is my scum motivation here?
I want to highlight another thing this scum posted today that bothered me:
I'm a bit concerned that ya'll might want to just lynch me at this point .... Need to find a better alternative before that happens.
Figured you'd latch onto that when I posted it, but it's also true, so...
let me know if you want me to explain what i see in those posts. But I'd like to see what others come up with.
Yeah, I have no idea what you're pointing at at least. I think you'd better put together an actual case here, because now that I'm replying, I don't see you pointing to anything that has a proper scum motivation. Forcing a town bloc to reveal itself actually hurts the town, and I think that's you're only real point against me.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Oh, yeah, and we are in mylo. Six alive, assuming two scum, we lynch, they kill, that's 2v2 tomorrow. Not sure how you can miscount that rez.
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Why do you want to wait for stardust? He explained why he thought the vig shouldn't claim, you should too.
I wanted to have some content before the claim for two reasons:
- scum knows the alignment, of every player, having them try to force a case (we're in mid/late game now, they can't just try to lurk their way to the next day) that could be easily debunked by a semi-verifiable claim could be difficult to handle for them;
- we also had the choice of no lynching in order to try to break parity, but with doing so right now would be senseless as they'd probably just NK raspy now.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Stardust, why did you think you'd be a lynch candidate for today? Also, are you saying you think rezombad is scum?

Ham, thoughts?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:10 pm

I'm going to re-read this page on my lunch break, but the interaction between Stardust and rez is interesting.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Stardust, why did you think you'd be a lynch candidate for today? Also, are you saying you think rezombad is scum?
Because you guys talk about lynching me even if I do catch scum. Since I failed so spectacularly Day 2, I'm feeling a bit of pressure to perform today.

rezombad is the main one I'll be looking into when I reread. For sure his actions Day 2 are pinging me, and based on that alone I suspect he's scum. We're down short enough now that POE is pretty powerful with our two mostly-confirmed townies, so the only possibilities from my POV are rezmo, WitchHunt and RedNihilist. I need to remember why I think Red is town, but yeah, I think rezombad is the most likely to be scum of those three. Need to confirm that though.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:36 pm

We're definitely in mylo, though, and it's pretty easy math to figure out. With 6 players a mislynch and night kill put us at 2/2 town/scum. Rez, how many games of mafia have you played? Why did you think we weren't at mylo?

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:05 am

Because you guys talk about lynching me even if I do catch scum. Since I failed so spectacularly Day 2, I'm feeling a bit of pressure to perform today.

rezombad is the main one I'll be looking into when I reread. For sure his actions Day 2 are pinging me, and based on that alone I suspect he's scum. We're down short enough now that POE is pretty powerful with our two mostly-confirmed townies, so the only possibilities from my POV are rezmo, WitchHunt and RedNihilist. I need to remember why I think Red is town, but yeah, I think rezombad is the most likely to be scum of those three. Need to confirm that though.
Stardust, what made you go entirely from RezmoRaspy scum team to Raspy being mostly confirmed town in such short notice?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:09 am

Vote WitchHunt

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:49 am

Stardust, what made you go entirely from RezmoRaspy scum team to Raspy being mostly confirmed town in such short notice?
He's the vig. Simple as that. Why do you say "entirely"?
҉

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:05 am

He went from scum team to town for you in less than a page and I thought the shift was sudden and it caught my eye. That's what I meant by entirely.

Care to elaborate Red?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:42 am

With nobody counterclaiming raspy I consider him confirmed town, as I don't expect this setup to be unbalanced to the point of having a neutral aligned sk AND a scumteam that can daykill.

That means that we've got two confirmed town out of 6 alive players, so there are two scum llayers between you, rezmo and Stardust.

Now, I don't really like Stardust's attitude in saying that sooner or later we're going to lynch him because *random rant*, but he's being consistent with other games so whatever.

Rezmo on the other side has taken a strong stance against him since day 1 and he's keeping it up a little too much to be just trying to distance/bus his scum partner, so I guess he's either onto something or he's scum trying to get rid of the most dangerous townfolk.

Either way I'm pretty sure that this is too big to just be some sort of clever, over the top ruse from the two of them as scum partners in order to clear at least one of the two, and since we're in MyLo I assure you I don't want to flip a coin to choose which one of the two I'm willing to hang.

I guess I'll just hang you, since the PoE points you out as scum.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:11 pm

By that PoE you're getting marked as much scum as me. I have the same thoughts dwelling in my head as everyone else at this point, If Ham and Raspy are the most confirmed town, Red, Stardust, or Rezombad should have a pair of scum between the two. I will agree to the point that between Stardust and Rezombad, one of them is town. Between the two, Rezombad's entire case on Stardust feels more like a huge "Hail Mary" to me. A lot of the points he tries to bring up are far too forced in my opinion. End of the game, brings out a huge case that differs from his usual lurky style, tries to point out he doesn't see how it's MYLO, which means by my personal PoE scum team is RezombadRedNihilist. His content puts me off like crazy however as opposed to your standard deduction. He's coming off as desperate to me, so I'll come back to you tomorrow.

Vote: Rezombad

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:59 am

By that PoE you're getting marked as much scum as me. I have the same thoughts dwelling in my head as everyone else at this point, If Ham and Raspy are the most confirmed town, Red, Stardust, or Rezombad should have a pair of scum between the two. I will agree to the point that between Stardust and Rezombad, one of them is town. Between the two, Rezombad's entire case on Stardust feels more like a huge "Hail Mary" to me. A lot of the points he tries to bring up are far too forced in my opinion. End of the game, brings out a huge case that differs from his usual lurky style, tries to point out he doesn't see how it's MYLO, which means by my personal PoE scum team is RezombadRedNihilist. His content puts me off like crazy however as opposed to your standard deduction. He's coming off as desperate to me, so I'll come back to you tomorrow.

Vote: Rezombad
What points feel forced? Or are negated by the vehemence in which I have insisted that stardust is scum?

Also, I think the mlyl misunderstanding was based on the last game I missed.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:00 am

Modded* autocorrect

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:02 am

Also, " will agree to the point that between Stardust and Rezombad, one of them is town. " why not vote for red then, if you're certain he is scum instead of voting for someone you're not sure of?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:03 am

More thoughts tomorrow now that I have internet at my place and can do something other than phone post. I'll be checking in though.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:48 am

Also, " will agree to the point that between Stardust and Rezombad, one of them is town. " why not vote for red then, if you're certain he is scum instead of voting for someone you're not sure of?
Game-math scumslip?

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:51 am

Your insistence I should vote for him because of your Hail Mary bothered me the most. I'm voting you because your activity came off as desperate to me, and at this point I've got you pegged as more scummy than him. If you flip scum, I'll know my assumption was right about Stardust being town, and then my attention will shift to the easy target.

Return to “Completed Games”