SOA Mafia: Season One -- Day Four

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Stardust » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:17 am

What if he flips town?
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:51 am

Your insistence I should vote for him because of your Hail Mary bothered me the most. I'm voting you because your activity came off as desperate to me, and at this point I've got you pegged as more scummy than him. If you flip scum, I'll know my assumption was right about Stardust being town, and then my attention will shift to the easy target.
That's not an answer
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:51 am

And also, incredibly scummy
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:32 am

He won't. I may as well come out and say it, I'm a JOAT. I copped Ham on day one, but I didn't have to say anything to confirm him as town and give up info about my role. Last night I doc'd Rezombad since Jamie flipped town and he was the only one who was on his side, come Day 3, apparently Kpaca's bomb went off, but no one died. I wanted to confirm whether or not a roleblocker could prevent his bomb from going off, and from what I both read and from Stardust's reaffirmation, no, they can't. I still have a vig shot left, but I was in a similar boat with Raspy where I wasn't sure when I could use it.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:12 pm

So you think rezombad executed the kill and you saved his life from kpaca's bomb?

imopen, could you please detail how kpaca's bomb role worked?
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:14 pm

You weren't sure when you could use your vig shot. Are you saying it's a daykill?
҉

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:28 pm

So you think rezombad executed the kill and you saved his life from kpaca's bomb?

I'd rather not, but okay.

From Rianalnn's role pm:

"One night you may submit a name to the moderator (in the form of Guard: (name)) That player will be protected from kills that night. However, if the player you choose to guard is targeted with a kill, you will be killed instead.

If you are killed during the course of the game, your killer will die as well. (If multiple players target you with a kill at the same time, both will die)."
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:39 pm

So you got a 'not guilty' result on ham, witchhunt?

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Yes, that's what I think happened. I've had my suspicions after seeing Kpaca's flip so I've been wary.
You weren't sure when you could use your vig shot. Are you saying it's a daykill?
No, I ended up getting it clarified it has to be during our "twilight" phase.

And no, Ham didn't have anything to do with the initial murder for the game. If anyone is confirmed town it's him.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:04 pm

WitchHunt:

How does your cop ability work?

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:55 pm

He won't. I may as well come out and say it, I'm a JOAT. I copped Ham on day one, but I didn't have to say anything to confirm him as town and give up info about my role. Last night I doc'd Rezombad since Jamie flipped town and he was the only one who was on his side, come Day 3, apparently Kpaca's bomb went off, but no one died. I wanted to confirm whether or not a roleblocker could prevent his bomb from going off, and from what I both read and from Stardust's reaffirmation, no, they can't. I still have a vig shot left, but I was in a similar boat with Raspy where I wasn't sure when I could use it.
Emphasis mine.

You didn't know Jamie's flip until the next day. How could you have used his alignment in deciding to doc Rez?
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Your insistence I should vote for him because of your Hail Mary bothered me the most. I'm voting you because your activity came off as desperate to me, and at this point I've got you pegged as more scummy than him. If you flip scum, I'll know my assumption was right about Stardust being town, and then my attention will shift to the easy target.
Also, this is the wrong line of thought. Kill the one you have mathematically deduced is scum since we're in mylo. If your hunch on rez is wrong and he flips town, then town loses. But if you're town as you say, and one of Stardust/Rez is also town, then Red HAS TO BE scum. Kill the one you have 100% certainty on in a mylo situation. Not doing so seems either naive or scummy.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:59 pm

Someone with more mafia theory than me: is it possible scum have a JOAT?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:06 pm

What kind of question is this?

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:37 pm

WitchHunt claimed he was JOAT. WitchHunt is posting scummy things. I'm wondering if WitchHunt could be telling us the truth with his role claim but also be scum alignment.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Also, this is the wrong line of thought. Kill the one you have mathematically deduced is scum since we're in mylo. If your hunch on rez is wrong and he flips town, then town loses. But if you're town as you say, and one of Stardust/Rez is also town, then Red HAS TO BE scum. Kill the one you have 100% certainty on in a mylo situation. Not doing so seems either naive or scummy.
Scummy is what I'm cleaning towards

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:09 pm

I guess the other possibility is a roleblock that keeps scum from winning, but, again, that's premised on knowing who scum is.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:36 pm

WitchHunt:

You were labeled specifically as Innocent.
Emphasis mine.

You didn't know Jamie's flip until the next day. How could you have used his alignment in deciding to doc Rez?
Except that isn't accurate, Jamie was killed two days full days prior to night ending, it was later specified this was during twilight by imopen himself.

As for why I'm voting Rezombad over Red, I'm just going to shoot Red after the lynch during twilight. Incase you guys missed me having a vig shot still. Hence the easy target.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:14 am

WitchHunt claimed he was JOAT. WitchHunt is posting scummy things. I'm wondering if WitchHunt could be telling us the truth with his role claim but also be scum alignment.
Please explain me how you can even think that he can be scam while telling the truth. This is just senseless.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:14 am

Scam = scum ofc.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:23 am

Witchhunt slipped.

unvote stardust

vote witchhunt

-----
WitchHunt:

You were labeled specifically as Innocent.
-----

That's not how I get my results.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:26 am

I'm glad I don't need to put any more effort than that in right now.

So basically after we lynch witchhunt and I get killed tonight that leaves:

rcw, ham, red, stardust.

Hamfactorial is confirmed town, straight up, fro realz

rcw is my strongest town read

red and stardust will need careful analysiseses.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:28 am

WitchHunt, since you full claimed anyway, can you explain exactly what all your abilities do and when you can use them?

rezombad, are you claiming cop? Why didn't you cop me?
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 am

But I'm pretty sure it's stardust+witchhunt at this point.

Last night I copped hamfactorial (I couldnt get past the idea that some kind of gambit involving using the mafia night kill on himself night one in order to get rid of his vest and get ez town creds. That and his use of those angry face smilies made me want to check him.) and he is town.

Night 1 I copped Jamie because of my day1 votecount analysis had him looking suspicious. That's why I was so adamant about him being town on day2.

-----

k game solved. gg.

pedit: yes. i already caught witch lying his fucking face off.

he is scum

he could be a scum joat

if he is a scum joat, he may have a role cop (since they know who is town [sans SK i suppose])

if he has a role cop, he doesnt get regular cop results (town/not-town)

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:55 am

WitchHunt:

What do you mean by my involvement with the initial murder?

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:05 am

WitchHunt:

What do you mean by my involvement with the initial murder?
That was my interpretation of it, it was phrased "Hamfactorial is innocent of the murder". Putting a little more thought into it, I figure it was phrased this way to avoid me catching DK with my one shot cop ability.
WitchHunt, since you full claimed anyway, can you explain exactly what all your abilities do and when you can use them?

rezombad, are you claiming cop? Why didn't you cop me?
Yep.

Each night you may submit a name to the moderator (In the form of (Ability: Name)). You can either doctor, cop, or kill that player. Please clearly specify your selection. If using the vigilante ability(Which may only be used after day, but before night falls), that target will be killed. If using the doctor ability, that target will be protected from kills that night. If using the cop ability, that target's alignment will be revealed to you the next day. Once an ability has been used, it can no longer be used.

Rezombad's gambiting. He's going all in on my cop ability not matching "his". Instead of copping his biggest scum read, he supposedly "copped" one of the players that are the most confirmed town in the thread and after I already cleared him.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:08 am

We needed a cop to tell us that ham was town.
This game is truly stellar.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:19 pm

WitchHunt:

That's very confusing to me. Your role says that your cop ability will reveal my alignment, but your result only refers to a murder. What murder? What's my alignment? Either the role was written incorrectly or you're lying.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:48 pm

rcw, can you describe your role in detail as well? Seems to me that WitchHunt's ability is identical to your own, but with a doc and a cop tacked on. That doesn't really make a lot of sense from a game design perspective.

Writing a JOAT role like that also doesn't make sense. Why would the vig shot need to be used before nightfall when the other two abilities are used during night proper? This claim is too weird.

Red, I'm pretty sure you and I are the only two who haven't claimed. What do you think of a mass claim at this point?
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:51 pm

That looks like a quote from witch hunt. If he doesn't get modkilled,he probably made up at least part of it.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:53 pm

rez:

I noticed that as well. OP says clearly "5. Do not quote PMs or you will be modkilled. You may discuss the flavor and paraphrase it in your own words, but do not quote any PM"

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Oh, actually, WitchHunt is lying. 100%. I won't explain why I know that, but it's true.

I'll vote him in a bit. Maybe he'll get modkilled for us, and I do want to read Red and rezmo before we end the Day.
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:03 pm

You should probably explain why you know that

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:04 pm

Maybe later. Didn't you want to lynch him anyway?
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:09 pm

I do, but I also explained the lie I caught him in

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Red, I'm pretty sure you and I are the only two who haven't claimed. What do you think of a mass claim at this point?
I guess it's fine by me, but I'm just a Vanilla Townie so you're not really getting much by me.
What about you?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Oh damn, that's when you just say, "No, I don't think we'll get much info from that." I was hoping your role might be a piece to a puzzle when I asked that, but I now believe that WitchHunt is caught scum so I will not be claiming until tomorrow.
҉

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Depending on what WitchHunt says about his doc ability, I'll claim today to disprove or verify him.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Huh. This might be more complicated than I realise...
҉

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:34 pm

:ohdear:

Return to “Completed Games”