WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2 (Abandoned)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Manders » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 am

So, a little modgaming for shits and gigs...

There is most likely 2 scum, 1 "other aligned" alignment, correct? I mean, why have the option for other alignments if he isn't going to choose them. We could do a claim of the alignment people sent to Dechs... Or we could claim the role as well.
What are people feeling? Any claims, no claims, wait a day before we get into bullshit lazy play...?
I'd be willing to go first.

We could also just claim whether we got the full role we submitted or not. Bound to be some of us who did.
No.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Tordeck
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Tordeck » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:24 am

There are any number of reason why your meta could have changed in the last 2-3 years since we played together. I have no idea why you would do it but that is what it looked like to me.

As for D1 mass claims, if that happens I will for sure replace out no questions asked. That is a hard limit for me as Mod/setup gaming is not actually playing mafia.

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Alright.

Just checking.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Manders » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:40 pm

How many people are in this game, Huntzilla?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Oh, huh, I missed Pedrobear's vote. I guess that puts Manders at L-2. That's cool.
Stardust you so silly. You're the most careful mafia player around, I doubt you missed anything.
Not even just a little claim?
:lol:

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Unvote
Vote Stardust

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Wagon me timbers! :o
҉

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:53 pm

Wagons are more fun than non-wagons :love2:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:26 am

Stardust is asking for a lynch (both with his posting and literally) and that makes me suspicious of voting for him. :/
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Manders » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:25 am

I would like Stardust to elaborate on how it is cool that I was put to L-2 so quickly and laughably.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Stardust is asking for a lynch (both with his posting and literally) and that makes me suspicious of voting for him. :/
Why?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Manders » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm so over this game already.

Here's where we stand:

No one's posting.

The one person under fire for being scum is me, but the only person who's made an actual attempt to make a case is having RL issues and will possibly have to replace out. Other than that's it been either people saying I'm scum and voting me, or people saying I'm not scum and voting people for voting me. Sounds about right for a Mafia game.

1. rezombad - Is he in this game? Post moar. (Literally hasn't posted once yet.)

2. ( G_R ) - Obligatory vote on Stardust in post 7; thought Huntz killed RVS per post 15; questions Stardust's voting habits in post 24; unvotes in post 25; explains suspicions of Stardust in post 49.
Good start to a solid GR Town game. I'm not concerned with him for the time being.

3. Pedrobear - Votes me in post 16 in the hopes I'll be resurrected because he's a sadist; "TCHOO TCHOO" in post 27.
NULL

4. Stardust - Random vote on MJ in post 11; Compliments the high quality wagon on me in post 18, but for the record, there were two random and one Tordeck vote on me at the time of this post; tells GR voting wagons is more fun than voting non-wagons in post 26, then adds, "Besides, Manders is actually scum," but has yet to explain why; notices he missed Pedrobear's vote and that he put me @ L-2 in post 28; "Not even just a little claim?" in post 30 in response to me stating I will not claim; "Wagon me timbers! :o" in post 47.

This is all very uncharacteristic for Stardust. I'm with Ham when he states that Stardust's too careful a player to have missed that he put me at L-2. Everything he's posted is bothering me. I can't put my finger on it. It's not enough to make me think he's Scum, but I'm not convinced he's Town. I'll be watching him.

5. Manders - :mh:

6. MoJo - Mod vote in post 5 (first actual post of the game) and nothing since.
None of this is uncharacteristic for kpaca as any alignment. Null.

7. Huntzilla - Votes kpaca (sorry, guys, I'll never change his name, he's always kpaca) because he dislikes mod votes in post 9; supports my decision not to claim in post 32 and states he didn't mean to end RVS, adding his vote on kpaca was random despite its' crappiness; made a correction in post 33; asks if Pedro's talking about Planechase Mafia with wanting to resurrect me in post 38; proposes modgaming/claiming bullcrap in post 39; after two negative responses to his proposal, he resigns, stating "Just checking," in post 43.

**Raise your hands if you'd figured out this is the scum I was talking about in my first post. And, yes, I still think he's scum. **

HUNTZILLA: answer these questions in your next post:

Why did you decide to propose claiming anything so quickly (RL time span 5 hours 22 mins) after supporting my refusal to claim?
How many games have you played in and where?
Why were 2 opinions about your proposal (one of which was LITERALLY "No.") enough to dissuade you that you might have a good idea? If you had the ability to kill someone RIGHT NOW, who would you kill?

8. Tordeck - Votes kpaca for "obvious reasons" in post 6; votes me for stating I found a scum IMO in post 13, stating it's a nefarious "bullshit gambit"; In response to me asking him why he's overreacting, "Oh sweetpea, you know me better than that." in post 22; states RL's interfering with his ability to play and he won't return until at least Monday in post 31; when I provided logic in response to his accusation that I'm pulling a "bullshit gambit," he stated that there's any number of reasons he could be right while ignoring the reasons I gave for him being wrong, stating "There are any number of reason why your meta could have changed in the last 2-3 years since we played together. I have no idea why you would do it but that is what it looked like to me.", then goes on to state that if we mass claim anything on Day 1, he will replace out.

So to provide a little bit of history: Tordeck and I haven't actually played in that many games together, but we're friends and have spent countless hours communicating outside of forums. We came from the same Mafia forum (Sally) and he did have access to read lots of games I was in (I plan to re-create my Mafia history soon, maybe today). HOWEVER, to the best of my recollection, Tordeck's never been exceptionally good at reading me. (Honestly, no one is.) But I don't change my play style. I don't attempt gambits and I very rarely lie, even as scum. I'm a terrible liar, and am QUITE aware of it. In fact, Seppel once stated that I'm "Honest to the point it's detrimental to her" (paraphrased). When I asked him for clarification, he said it meant that I won't lie, even if it'll hurt me not to.

I find it hard to believe Tordeck actually believes I may have changed my playstyle in the years since we last played together (nevermind the fact I haven't played in a lot of games since that time myself period) simply because he knows me personally. (As personal as one can via internet/phone.) If I've never run a gambit as Town (which I haven't, I assure you), it makes no sense for me to decide to try to do so as Scum. I'm TERRIBLE playing as Scum (though have gotten lucky a few times) and spend the entire game scared crapless because I know I'm terrible playing as Scum. There is absolutely NO LOGIC that explains why I would try to run a gambit as Scum, yet this appears to be the basis for his suspicions. And yet, despite all this, I don't think he's Scum. As he knows me, I know him, and he's aggressive and paranoid as Town. This totally fits his MO. Just sucks he's decided to focus on me for stupid ass reasons. And, yes, I know I said I'm watching him and, rest assured, I still am. I recognize I could be wrong here, but at this time, I don't believe he's Scum, just wrong.

9. RedNihilist - Voted Ham out of love in post 8; asked me to explain why Tordeck's reaction is overreacting in post 17; when I tell him it's because I know Tordeck, we get this, "Pardon me, but I can't trust that as a fact. I just see Tordeck pointing out the fact that you're not following your statement with an appropriate vote, then voting you for that, and that just seems ok to me at this early point of the game. Why don't you just tell me what I'm missing?" in post 20. That's it from him, but guess what? I'm pretty sure he's Town. (And since HE was the Scum I pinpointed in my first post during the last game, surely you guys can accept that for now?) He's active (for him anyway) and asking good questions. I know I told him to butt out and let Tordeck defend himself if he felt the desire to, but I'm glad he was concerned and questioned it because it showed a sincere interest in the well-being of the game, which he didn't really do last game. Not a lot, anyway. It's still early, and he could change my mind, but I have no interest in him for the time being.

10. Ham - Voted me because I have a vagina in post 10; "RVS claims are silly, stop being silly dudes." in post 35 in response to me being @ L-2 and refusing to claim, but didn't remove his vote; in post 45, in response to Stardust stating he didn't realize Pedrobear had voted for me, he says, "Stardust you so silly. You're the most careful mafia player around, I doubt you missed anything." and laughs @ Stardust's "Not even just a little claim?", then unvotes and vote Stardust in post 46; makes a random, silly post about wagons in post 48.

I have no opinion that I care to share on Ham until he answers the following question:
Ham, why didn't you unvote when you said claiming was silly? You make it seem as if you disagree with me being pushed to claim range, yet you left me there. Why?

There, a summary of everyone's posts so far and my thoughts. Now can we get some fucking posts in this game and play?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby hamfactorial » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Manders:

I didn't unvote because I wanted to see who would continue to discuss you claiming. L-2 is safe, especially during RVS where nobody is going to hammer you without a claim. If someone else got you to L-1 I would have unvoted you, but I didn't have to and nobody took the scum bait.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Manders » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Fair enough @ Ham. You are not a concern to me.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Why?
In this weird a game, IDK what creative role my favorite mafia mod came up with. His unorthodox behavior makes me want to vote him, but it's evident that that's exactly what he wants, so I feel I'm being played. Don't really like it.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Yeah, he's suspicious as hell, still he could be doing this on purpose *wifom wifom*.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:44 am

Unvote.

I don't mind getting voted, but I don't want to get lynched. I'm not a jester or anything dumb like that.

Vote Mojo.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:44 am

That might change to Hunter depending on his response to Manders.
҉

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Manders » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:57 am

WTF is up with you?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:22 am

Heh, what do you mean? I've never been much for early Day 1 analysis. I'll get on it soon enough.
҉

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:05 am

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:14 am

Why the claim talk?
Mtgs meta is claim happy right now, wanted to test waters and see where we stood. Your flat out no statement killed any other reactions I might get because everyone follows you like a bunch of puppies around here.
Literally shits and gigs. I think it's bullshit you thought I was scum at that point in the game. Liar.

I'm up to like 8 games, all on MTGS.

I'd kill Kpaca now that I know it is him. That makes the mod vote that much more worse in my eyes. Maybe you depending on where you go with this "I knew hunt was scum" lie you are rolling with.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:54 am

Heh, what do you mean? I've never been much for early Day 1 analysis. I'll get on it soon enough.
You're not even trying. Extremely uncharacteristic for you.
How many people had responded before you changed your mind? Don't go check, off the top of your head.
Why the claim talk?
Mtgs meta is claim happy right now, wanted to test waters and see where we stood. Your flat out no statement killed any other reactions I might get because everyone follows you like a bunch of puppies around here.
Literally shits and gigs. I think it's bullshit you thought I was scum at that point in the game. Liar.

I'm up to like 8 games, all on MTGS.

I'd kill Kpaca now that I know it is him. That makes the mod vote that much more worse in my eyes. Maybe you depending on where you go with this "I knew hunt was scum" lie you are rolling with.
Jesus Christ, use quotes.

MTGS is full of lazy people who don't want to WORK to win the game. No claims. (I miss the good 'ol days :( )

Everyone follows me like a bunch of puppies? Provide examples from this game.

You can think it's bullshit all you want. Who did you think I was referring to?

Your reaction to the revelation has been very telling.
Vote: Huntzilla

How does it being kpaca make the mod vote worse? (Nice OMGUS at the end there, though.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Prodded Rez and MoJo.

Should I do a votecount?

I should do a votecount.

Votecount 1.1

Dechs Kaison (1): MoJo
Ham (1): RedNihilist
Stardust (1): Ham
Mojo (2): Huntzilla, Stardust
Mandqers(2): Tordeck, Pedrobear
Huntzilla (1): Manders

Not voting: rezombad, ( G_R )

Pretty sure that's right. With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
Last edited by Dechs Kaison on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Im here, sorry. Reading stuff now
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:32 pm

I thought Huntz had ended RVS there.
Or did tordeck? :isthatso:
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:36 pm

RVS claims are silly, stop being silly dudes.
Why is this not an unvote?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:38 pm

So, a little modgaming for shits and gigs...

There is most likely 2 scum, 1 "other aligned" alignment, correct? I mean, why have the option for other alignments if he isn't going to choose them. We could do a claim of the alignment people sent to Dechs... Or we could claim the role as well.
What are people feeling? Any claims, no claims, wait a day before we get into bullshit lazy play...?
I'd be willing to go first.

We could also just claim whether we got the full role we submitted or not. Bound to be some of us who did.
No.
Also no.

As an aside (since weve run this setup before) no one would have gotten the full role+alignment they asked for.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Manders, how much do you trust yourself to hunt scum without meta?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Vote Mojo.
Elaborate

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Vote Mojo.
Elaborate
What we need right now is participation and I don't have a better lead. Need to put some work into that, though.
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Vote Mojo.
Elaborate
What we need right now is participation and I don't have a better lead. Need to put some work into that, though.
Whats your lead on kpaca?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Nothing, really. Single post, mod vote, whatever. He's been onsite, but not posting here. Thought my vote might motivate him, assuming he's reading.
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:48 pm

So you voted him because he's been onsite and not playing? Why not ask for a prod?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:08 pm

RVS claims are silly, stop being silly dudes.
Why is this not an unvote?
Manders asked me this in her wall of text, I replied right after.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:23 pm

kpaca is immune to prods. Prods also get less info into the thread.
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:25 pm

kpaca is immune to prods. Prods also get less info into the thread.
What info does your vote give us?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Wagons? Choices? Reactions? This discussion right here?
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:26 pm

What info were you hoping to get?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Nothing in particular. Pretty much what I listed above.
҉

Return to “Completed Games”