[Fedoras of Salvation] - White Knights ITT

Moderator: redthirst

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby TubeHunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:12 pm

hold onnnnnn

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:12 pm

hold onnn

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Infraction issued for warning posters of moderation's presence.
Infraction issued for infracting poster for warning posters of stupid's presence.
Infraction issued for infracting poster for infracting poster for alerting posters of the
presence of possible transvestites.
touche, salesman.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:29 pm

And I've been waiting on this moment for all my liiiiiiiffffffeeeeee

I really like that remix of In the Air Tonight on the Dead Space 3 trailer. I need to find a full version of that somewhere.

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:33 pm

hold onnn
Uh oh...time to break out the air drums. You know, since my son doesn't let me play on the real drums because "that's just weird..." :rolleyes:
Righteous sig by NBW

Skaldic Master of Fiery Salvation

Common Sense is now a Mythic Rare.

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Postby Platypus » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:50 pm

Platypus, I playtested this deck on MTGO last night with great results.

[deck]Creatures (32)
4 Stromkirk Noble
4 Rakdos Cackler
2 Stonewright
4 Ash Zealot
4 Flinthoof Boar
4 Burning-Tree Emissary
4 Lightning Mauler
4 Fervent Cathar
2 Ghor-Clan Rampager

Spells (8)
4 Searing Spear
4 Rancor

Lands (20)
4 Stomping Ground
4 Rootbound Crag
12 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
3 Boros Reckoner
3 Pillar of Flame
2 Ground Seal
2 Traitorous Blood
3 Volcanic Strength
2 Frostburn Weird[/deck]

I feel like I want another green source so I might shove a Temple Garden in and take out a Mountain. I'm also unsure about Stonewright currently. He seems like a better sideboard card. I may test Legion Loyalist instead. I also need to work on the sideboard. I usually
only want the Pillars to kill dorks so those may come out for Electrickery. I also don't like Traitorous Blood here. Those two may become my Stonewrights.

I've tested Fervent Cathar before in the All-in Red list and really like him. He's resistant to Azorius Charm and doesn't care that your opponent slammed a Loxodon Smiter last turn. Speaking of Loxodon Smiter, I've found this deck has little use for Mizzium Mortars in the side since we're playing Rancor and Ghor-Clan Rampager. The ability of this deck to just smash through fatties is very refreshing.
Thanks for this! I wish I had the Fervent Cathars right now to test them, I think there's a definitie potential there. Nobody expects them and so on. But I have only one at the moment, have to rummage through the commons dump box at the local pre-release in case there's some of them lying around. I must say I'd like the full amount of GCRs, the card is so solid.
Last edited by Platypus on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Sig by NBW

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:00 pm

hold onnn
Uh oh...time to break out the air drums. You know, since my son doesn't let me play on the real drums because "that's just weird..." :rolleyes:
You own a drumset? :o What's your set up?

Or drums in general, I should say. Drumset sounds a bit assumptive, because it is.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:05 pm

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost ... count=1316

If he really has been playing 17 years; he may have a learning disability. That's unfortunate.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:09 pm

If he really has been playing 17 years; he may have a learning disability. That's unfortunate.
Good times.

:munch:
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 pm

THIS
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 pm

IS

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 pm

SPARTA!!!!!!

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:21 pm

You tell him, Z! Fuck that fucker!
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Boom roasted

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 pm

It won't let me thank you for your post on there, so I'm thanking you here instead. /highfive

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Also in before you get suspended again. KOOPA GON' GETCHA.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:46 pm

hold onnn

Or drums in
general, I should say. Drumset sounds a bit assumptive, because it is.

Yep. Regrettably it doesn't get near enough use since my son took the turn towards mallet percussion in high school...there just are not enough hours in the day.

The core is a cool little Tama Stagestar 5-piece set (birch jazz kit--13/10/12/14/18) fitted with Evans heads. The aluminum snare that came with the set is actually a pretty sweet drum, but he currently has a 14" Mapex Meridian in its place, as well as a Pearl 10" popcorn. Cymbals he has up at present are Sabian AAX 14" Studio Hats, 13" AA Regular Hats as an X-Hat, AA Raw Bell Dry Ride, El Sabor Ride, El Sabor 16" & 18" Crashes, El Sabor 13" Salsa Splash, AAX 10" splash and HHX Evolution 14" Mini China. The lone Zildjian in the bunch is a K 17" China Boy. Every bit of it was purchased 2nd-hand...you can catch remarkable cymbal deals on ebay when people are looking to try something new.

As I
said, though, the boy isn't even taking set lessons right now because of focusing all his time on mallets (BAND IS LIFE). The drums that get the most work in the house are an old (not high-tension) marching snare and his concert snare--Pearl Free-Floating hardware on a Rhythm King custom segment shell. I'm actually debating about selling the stuff off in order to buy him a full-size marimba since that's what he needs (he has a 3-octave student marimba right now that just doesn't do the job anymore). He of course goes into a tizzy every time I suggest this, but money is becoming a regrettable factor since his mom isn't make her child support payments. :(
Righteous sig by NBW

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 pm

I think my next suspension is a banning, so I'm happy to die the way I lived.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Maybe, maybe not. iridium doesn't follow their own rules. I'd only ever been suspended once before and they flat-out banned me for telling them that they don't know how to run a community, so you never really know with them.

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Good times.

:munch:
Righteous sig by NBW

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Maybe, maybe not. iridium doesn't follow their own rules. I'd only ever been suspended once before and they flat-out banned me for telling them that they don't know how to run a community, so you never really know with them.
No no, that's still within their rules. Just the unspoken ones. Anybody who hurts their feelings gets perma-banned.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:16 pm

MTGS has a strict Jimmie rustling policy.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Platypus, I playtested this deck on MTGO last night with great results.

[deck]Creatures (32)
4 Stromkirk Noble
4 Rakdos Cackler
2 Stonewright
4 Ash Zealot
4 Flinthoof Boar
4 Burning-Tree Emissary
4 Lightning Mauler
4 Fervent Cathar
2 Ghor-Clan Rampager

Spells (8)
4 Searing Spear
4 Rancor

Lands (20)
4 Stomping Ground
4 Rootbound Crag
12 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
3 Boros Reckoner
3 Pillar of Flame
2 Ground Seal
2 Traitorous Blood
3 Volcanic Strength
2 Frostburn Weird[/deck]

I feel like I want another green source so I might shove a Temple Garden in and take out a Mountain. Im also unsure about Stonewright currently. He seems like a better sideboard card. I may test Legion Loyalist instead. I also need to work on the sideboard. I usually only want the Pillars to kill dorks so those may come out for Electrickery. I also don't like Traitorous Blood here. Those two may become my Stonewrights.

I've tested Fervent Cathar before in the All-in Red list and really like him. He's resistant to Azorius Charm and doesn't care that your opponent slammed a Loxodon Smiter last turn. Speaking of Loxodon Smiter, I've found this deck has little use for Mizzium Mortars in the side since we're playing Rancor and Ghor-Clan Rampager. The ability of this deck to just smash through fatties is very refreshing.
Thanks for this! I wish I had the Fervent Cathars right now to test them, I think there's a definitie potential there. Nobody expects them and so on. But I have only one at the moment, have to rummage through the commons dump box at the local pre-release in case
there's some of them lying around. I must say I'd like the full amount of GCRs, the card is so solid.
My only concern with the full set of GCR is that we are only running eight green sources to cast it (mana from BTE doesn't float to combat phase). I feel like two is most appropriate given that.
Check out my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/valdarith

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 pm

I believe, my fine sir, that is considered a "Killshot".

Helios
Tire Aficionado

Postby Helios » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 pm

If I still had an account on Sally, I'd thank you for that post (you apparently can't delete accounts there, but I removed all of my personal info and slagged the password).

lorddax
Tire Aficionado

Postby lorddax » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 pm

So I guess while I'm at work you guys are busy raiding and pillaging MTGS? There seems to be Fires everywhere burning the whole thing.
Some men just want to watch the planes burn. . .and most of them are here.
FoS resident designer/codemonkey
MTGO:lorddax Cockatrice:lorddax

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Your ability to verbally flay people has yet to stop offering entertainment. :rofl:
hold onnn

Or drums in general, I should say. Drumset sounds a bit assumptive, because it is.

Yep. Regrettably it doesn't get near enough use since my son took the turn towards mallet percussion in high school...there just are not enough hours in the day.

The core is a cool little Tama Stagestar 5-piece
set (birch jazz kit--13/10/12/14/18) fitted with Evans heads. The aluminum snare that came with the set is actually a pretty sweet drum, but he currently has a 14" Mapex Meridian in its place, as well as a Pearl 10" popcorn. Cymbals he has up at present are Sabian AAX 14" Studio Hats, 13" AA Regular Hats as an X-Hat, AA Raw Bell Dry Ride, El Sabor Ride, El Sabor 16" & 18" Crashes, El Sabor 13" Salsa Splash, AAX 10" splash and HHX Evolution 14" Mini China. The lone Zildjian in the bunch is a K 17" China Boy. Every bit of it was purchased 2nd-hand...you can catch remarkable cymbal deals on ebay when people are looking to try something new.

As I said, though, the boy isn't even taking set lessons right now because of focusing all his time on mallets (BAND IS LIFE). The drums that get the most work in the house are an old (not high-tension) marching snare and his concert snare--Pearl Free-Floating hardware on a Rhythm King custom segment shell. I'm
actually debating about selling the stuff off in order to buy him a full-size marimba since that's what he needs (he has a 3-octave student marimba right now that just doesn't do the job anymore). He of course goes into a tizzy every time I suggest this, but money is becoming a regrettable factor since his mom isn't make her child support payments. :(
That sounds all sorts of snazzy. I'm rather jealous. I've been on electric sets all my life and not a day goes by that I don't curse the lack of dynamics or tonality or just plain lack of cymbal variety. I've always wanted to move up to a big-boy analog set, but it's difficult spending money on instruments I play as a hobby when I hardly have enough to maintain the instruments I play for income. Such is the life of the creative mind, I suppose.

Aesnath
Newcomer

Postby Aesnath » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 pm

Jeez, the clan has been productive recently!

Alex making friends!

Z educating MINDS!

Tubehunter making the BEST VD suggestion I've ever freaking seen!

Seriously, lots of laughs.

@Still posting on MTGS: I'm torn, I still visit MTGS quite a bit, and post when I want to. The simple fact is, outside of this clan, the majority of this site is pretty...sparse. I am pretty happy with the private club aspect of our clan currently though--nice to not have to worry about mods + insensitive jokes, etc.

@Kaze and EDH: Hmm, if you don't like Niv, but want an R/U general, consider jhoira of the ghitu, grixis legends--Sedris, the traitor king, Thraximundar, adding green--Intet, the dreamer, Maelstrom Wanderer or wait until you can get that Melek Izzet guy, he seems fun
to build around.

Once you have a general, throw a few things in that seem to work well with them, then throw in your favorite/the strongest cards you can get in your colors. Remember things move a bit slower in multiplayer, so higher cc is usually fairly OK--not so much in 1v1. About 70% of a multiplayer game will come down to politics, so go ahead and put a few broke things in. Groups are all a bit different, but, ideally you want one that is OK with powerful plays rather than one that just wants time for 8 card combos and craw wurm for the win. However, lots of LD seems to be frowned upon almost universally. I think it's pretty fun, in small doses. But, if slow-ish games bother you, you may not like the pace.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 am

@Kaze and EDH: Hmm, if you don't like Niv, but want an R/U general, consider jhoira of the ghitu, grixis legends--Sedris, the traitor king, Thraximundar, adding green--Intet, the dreamer, Maelstrom Wanderer or wait until you can get that Melek Izzet guy, he seems fun to build around.

Once you have a general, throw a few things in that seem to work well with them, then throw in your favorite/the strongest cards you can get in your colors. Remember things move a bit slower in multiplayer, so higher cc is usually fairly OK--not so much in 1v1. About 70% of a
multiplayer game will come down to politics, so go ahead and put a few broke things in. Groups are all a bit different, but, ideally you want one that is OK with powerful plays rather than one that just wants time for 8 card combos and craw wurm for the win. However, lots of LD seems to be frowned upon almost universally. I think it's pretty fun, in small doses. But, if slow-ish games bother you, you may not like the pace.
I appreciate the response. Jhoria of the Ghitu looks pretty cool. My fiancee has had decks that ran Maelstrom Wanderer and I fucking hate that thing. How much of my hatred is dislike for the card and how much is dislike from playing against it is unknown to myself.

And I love slow, drawn-out games. That's what got me into MTG in the first place. :D

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 am

Alex making friends!
I'm very friendly. After all, I was a Disney prince!

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 am

@Kaze and EDH: Hmm, if you don't like Niv, but want an R/U general, consider jhoira of the ghitu, grixis legends--Sedris, the traitor king, Thraximundar, adding green--Intet, the dreamer, Maelstrom Wanderer or wait until you can get that Melek Izzet guy, he seems fun to build around.

Once you have a general, throw a few things in that seem to work well with them, then throw in your favorite/the
strongest cards you can get in your colors. Remember things move a bit slower in multiplayer, so higher cc is usually fairly OK--not so much in 1v1. About 70% of a multiplayer game will come down to politics, so go ahead and put a few broke things in. Groups are all a bit different, but, ideally you want one that is OK with powerful plays rather than one that just wants time for 8 card combos and craw wurm for the win. However, lots of LD seems to be frowned upon almost universally. I think it's pretty fun, in small doses. But, if slow-ish games bother you, you may not like the pace.
I appreciate the response. Jhoria of the Ghitu looks pretty cool. My fiancee has had decks that ran Maelstrom Wanderer and I fucking hate that thing. How much of my hatred is dislike for the card and how much is dislike from playing against it is unknown to myself.

And I love slow, drawn-out games. That's what got me into MTG in the first place.
The best part about playing Jhoira is that you can take otherwise completely unplayable cards and have a lot of fun playing them. I used to play really stupid stuff like Darksteel Forge, Platinum Angel, Gate to the Aether, Platinum Emperion, etc. It was fun. Flinging them at people with Bosh, Iron Golem was funny.

Aesnath
Newcomer

Postby Aesnath » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:51 am

Alex making friends!
I'm very friendly. After all, I was a Disney prince!
Maybe your facebook friends don't know about your princely status. I mean, how can you be homophobic when you are a part of the Disney monarchy? Disney is very gay-friendly recently.
@Kaze and EDH: Hmm, if you don't
like Niv, but want an R/U general, consider jhoira of the ghitu, grixis legends--Sedris, the traitor king, Thraximundar, adding green--Intet, the dreamer, Maelstrom Wanderer or wait until you can get that Melek Izzet guy, he seems fun to build around.

Once you have a general, throw a few things in that seem to work well with them, then throw in your favorite/the strongest cards you can get in your colors. Remember things move a bit slower in multiplayer, so higher cc is usually fairly OK--not so much in 1v1. About 70% of a multiplayer game will come down to politics, so go ahead and put a few broke things in. Groups are all a bit different, but, ideally you want one that is OK with powerful plays rather than one that just wants time for 8 card combos and craw wurm for the win. However, lots of LD seems to be frowned upon almost universally. I think it'
s pretty fun, in small doses. But, if slow-ish games bother you, you may not like the pace.

And I love slow, drawn-out games. That's what got me into MTG in the first place. :D
I've seen Jhoria become an absolute beast, she should serve you well. Watch out though, she is pretty KoS; pack lots of hexproof equipment.

Also, wanderer is pretty fucking annoying, I agree. However, it has one of the best color combinations and can get ludicrous pretty quickly.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:33 am

A homophobe would never survive in FoS.

Calamity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Calamity » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:39 am

Any and all homophobes would be smashed by Redthirst....'s giant aramada wurm
Official Firebat of FoS

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:52 am

Who was making homophobic remarks? That person can fuck off.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Khaospawn

Postby Khaospawn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:00 am

MTGS has a strict Jimmie rustling policy.
Jimmie rustling is fine as long as it's done safely.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

Khaospawn

Postby Khaospawn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 am

@Kaze (EDH):

Another great R/U General is Nin, the Pain Artist. I wrote a Primer on her for this site already.

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 am

Who was making homophobic remarks? That person can fuck off.
No one here, zeman...redthirst's very presence would burn to ash anyone who harbored such insecurities. :grovel:
Righteous sig by NBW

Khaospawn

Postby Khaospawn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 am

And we don't want to hear any Australophobic remarks either!

Return to “Fires of Salvation”