Bioshock Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Kazekirimaru » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Maybe you're a neutral.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Ah, no. I'm not sure about you yet.

Only thing I'm sure about is that you're completely off base.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Maybe you're a neutral.
:rofl: Thanks for playing along.
҉

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:29 pm

1. Kazekirimaru - Leaning town at this time, aggression could be an excuse to go either way though.
2. Yannaria - Feeling a bit neutral toward him, he has a habit of being scummy though.
3. G_R - Favoring town with G_R, haven't seem him come off as scum.
4. imopen2 - Claim puts him as town for now, but most of my reads off him previously were really scummy.
5. DroppinSuga - He doesn't want everyone to claims, which isn't a bad idea. I was originally leaning scum with him, but I've gotten a more towny vibe from his last few posts.
6. Captain Murphy - Pretty sure CM is town.
7. Tubehunter - Originally saw him as scummy, pretty quick on the false claims bit as well, leaning scum.
8. Lord_McDonald - I want McDonalds to post more frequently, the fact he sees basically everyone in the clear bugs me a bit, not quite sure yet with him.
9. rezombad - Pretty sure Zombad is town.
10. Colonel Khaddafi - Hoping the hate for
day ones is the only real reason he's acting the way he is, coming off scummy to me.
11. Stardust - Comes in, starts the game with aggression toward Kaze. Not sure quite yet with this, don't want my previous scum read off of Red to impact this.

Let's hear from G_R.

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:32 am

Holy fuck everyone else shut the fuck up unless you are posting a list
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:01 am

THEY WILL NOT FORCE US

THEY WILL STOP DEGRADING US

THEY WILL NOT CONTROL US

WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:04 am

Keep fluff out of this thread, please. Creates more sand for town to sift through.

(Though I am happy to hear you're feeling better, TubeHunter.)
Stardust the White, My dreams have been dark as of late.

Sup?
Ah, look at all the lonely people~
WitchHunt be creepin' like a spider.
THEY WILL NOT FORCE US

THEY WILL NOT CONTROL US

WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS
Take your own advice and shut the fuck up
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:20 am

It's funny because you're quoting my posts thinking I'm posting fluff.

You're so cute. It'll all make sense eventually, Captain. ^^

I appreciate what you're doing, by the way, but I'm not a big fan of players attempting to take leader positions in games and tell others what to do so feel free to walk out the nearest second-story window. You hold no sway here. :thumbsup:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:20 pm

At phone right now, just checking in. Will post list when there's a chance to turn on laptop without getting murdered by wife. The beach is awesome though. :sunglasses:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:11 pm

THEY WILL NOT FORCE US

THEY WILL NOT CONTROL US

WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS
My first problem with this quote is your quoting probably a song from one of muses weaker albums

My second is it is now stuck in my head

My third is the a reason your not cooperating with the town

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:29 pm

My first problem with this quote is your quoting probably a song from one of muses weaker albums
If I had a dayvig, I would kill you just for this comment.

The Resistance is a fantastic album. >:

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:59 am

Black Holes and Revelations 4 lyfe

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:12 am

You guys are going to give the Captain an aneurism...
҉

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:46 am

This wouldn't be so annoying if GR would just stop sunbathing for five fucking seconds and put up a reads list.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:18 am

@kaze: shut the fuck up

@stardust: have you finished reading the game yet?

-----

Can we make witch name someone else? We do have a deadline.

Can we have imopen clear CM or me as town? Id rather have a good confirmed town than maybe getting a scum or confirming a bad townie.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Everyone shut the fuck up, we are waiting to finish lists. We can discuss cop and possible vig choices after the lists reveal things

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:39 pm

I think we should cop the person who shows up as scum the most times on list and vig the person who is second (or the other way around works too I guess)

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:40 pm

assuming there's a vig

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah but for the love of god, lets not push people into revealing their roles unless there is a very big suspicion.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:17 pm

A message begins to play over the Rapture intercom: "The Parasite has his eye on Rapture. Keep YOUR eye on the Parasite."

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:00 am

There are far too many people trying to tell me what to do and far too few fucks for me to give to those respective people.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:02 am

Name someone else. GR isn't involved enough.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 am

Let's hear from Kaze then.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Mkay. Gimme a moment.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 pm

[b:23d9upa4][u:23d9upa4][color=#00BF00:23d9upa4]Town Reads[/color:23d9upa4][/u:23d9upa4][/b:23d9upa4]

[b:23d9upa4]Rezombad[/b:23d9upa4] has shown a decent level of scumhunting commitment this game, including but not limited to the graph he made up a few pages ago outlining wagons. Other than that, he's been encouraging others' input(such as in his most recent post) and keeping transparent about his stances.

[b:23d9upa4]Captain Murphy[/b:23d9upa4]. I've been wary about reading this one but his want to keep people in-line in this recent popcorn reads listing has been coming from a town mindset almost certainly. I've been poking at him and derping about on purpose to see if this desire for information is posturing or not, and his reactions seem genuine.

[b:23d9upa4][u:23d9upa4][color=#00FF40:23d9upa4]Weaker Town Reads[/color:23d9upa4][/u:23d9upa4][/b:23d9upa4]

[b:23d9upa4]Gaea's Regent[/b:23d9upa4], despite
being a bit of a lurk and not contributing much as of late, has made some decent posts. He's also been showing a certain trait that I find townie: genuine paranoia. Town is in the dark most of the time, and as such is always looking over their shoulder. Particularly post 58.

[b:23d9upa4]Yanni[/b:23d9upa4] has been very active and scumhunting regularly. Though he's not as transparent as I'd like, I can see how he's coming to conclusions and I dig that. Only thing I dislike is how he was pining for imopen's lynch hardcore and then just unvoted without so much as a second thought after his claim. I suppose he could have just really, really wanted to vote Scumbag, but still.

[b:23d9upa4]TubeHunter[/b:23d9upa4] pinged me right out of the gate with his first post(23) apologizing for having little info despite the game just beginning. Aside from that, his behavior has been classic noobtown to me. He appears to be taking others' opinions into consideration before taking stances, but not to the point of
mindlessly barning other people. He's acting much like how he did in the game I just finished hosting. He was town there.

[b:23d9upa4][u:23d9upa4][color=#000000:23d9upa4]Null/Conflicted Reads[/color:23d9upa4][/b:23d9upa4][/u:23d9upa4]

[b:23d9upa4]Stardust[/b:23d9upa4] replaced into the RedNihilst slot, whom I wasn't a fan of. But seeing as I reset my reads when replacements come in and Stardust hasn't really said much alignment indicative to me yet, he's sitting pretty as a null read for now.

[b:23d9upa4]WitchHunt[/b:23d9upa4] is one of the few people here I've never played with, so I'm apprehensive giving him a solid read. His play early on was poor(post 34 still makes me twitch when I read it) but I can't help but have doubts right now. I can see the townie motivation behind his play, especially from a noob perspective. I need to see more from this slot.

[b:23d9upa4]imopen2[/b:23d9upa4] needs to get an avatar. But aside from that, he's shown a decent level of inquisitiveness(post 44) and putting the screws to WitchHunt earlier looked genuine enough to me. Yet despite this I'm still not sure on him. His wagon looked rather nice, and that reiteration in post 128 that got the ball rolling made me want the walls awash with his blood for the longest time. This read is more tentative than most. A hair's weight on either side of the scale breaks this one for me.

[b:23d9upa4][u:23d9upa4][color=#FF0000:23d9upa4]Scum Reads[/color:23d9upa4][/u:23d9upa4][/b:23d9upa4]

[b:23d9upa4]Lord McDonalds[/b:23d9upa4] is someone I actually forgot was in this game. As soon as I realized that, red flags immediately started going off. None of his posts stick out. He's not really done anything memorable. He's lurking almost has hard as Suga, and despite a cursory reread I couldn't find a post that takes a halfway decent stance on anything. This slot is coasting hard.

[b:23d9upa4]DroppinSuga[/b:23d9upa4] is a bit of a
difficult call, but I'm comfortable putting him here on my list. It's no secret he's active lurking. And in the last game I saw of him(the one I modded) he was town and much more active. Now, I'd be willing to grant him some leniency for his recent possible home situations IF HE WEREN'T POSTING ELSEWHERE ON THE FORUM. Srsly. Step it up or get hanged.

[b:23d9upa4]Scumbag[/b:23d9upa4]. The more I reread this thread, the more I wonder why I haven't pushed a lynch on this slot yet. Scumbag has participated less than almost everyone this game despite posting regularly. Many of his posts are fluff, coasting with both middle fingers in the air saying "fuck Day 1" all the while. I am, however, well aware of his dislike of Day 1. Regardless, he is very reactive; posting mainly when he is addressed directly or to make benign topical observations that have little to do with actual scumhunting. Looks like lurkscum. I'd happily see him a tree ornament.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Popcorn to Stardust.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Unvote.

I like Captain Murphy.

Colonel voting no lynch was weird, but Colonel plays weird. Null tell in this case.

rezombad referring to imopen2 as “scum” repeatedly is weird.

WitchHunt is town, and I think he’ll take to mafia quite well once he gets a couple games under his belt.
At this point I'm going to

Unvote

so that people don't get coonfused by the NoLynch thingy (although the end results is the same for me :shrug:)
I know you hate Day 1’s, but surely you must know that lynching someone at random is better than lynching no one at all. Why is the end result the same?

Not a
lot of reaction to CM and Kaze’s fight from anyone. Likely means one of them is scum, since scum love to prod town-on-town action. Oh! TubeHunter did prod this, actually!

WitchHunt, TubeHunter, tell me why your vote is still on RedNihilist, please.
Nice! That’s what I remembered! Pushing lurking players to post is townie. Pushing them to defend a wagon that has little substance reeks of trying to drum up support for the wagon-du-jour. Especially since you included Witchhunter, who is town until further notice. You knew they would unvote and were counting on them jumping onto imopen.
I hope you're misreping on accident, for your sake~
This
is aimed at imopen, who Kaze was voting at the time. This is not a townie talking to someone he thinks is scum.
We should probably start considering the idea that safeclaims are probably accessible to the scum.
Apparently wants to carry on and lynch the cop. Doesn’t unvote.
I'm not going to put my vote on Kaze, but at this point, he's the one leading the charge on all these claims, and I'm failing to see how that is making it any easier for the town?
Why not vote Kaze here?

TubeHunter feels different than he did in KNM. Lurking, not getting involved. Then this:
I hope someone claims VT :D

Yanni, who are your scum/town tells? Do you think one of Imopen/Witchhunt is falseclaiming?
Casting suspicion on the two claimed PR’s. He did this the day before too, directed at Kaze (with an off-handed chuck at Red too).

Why did Red even get replaced? He says he’ll be gone for a couple days, CM says anyone gone for a couple Mafia Days should replace out... he gets replaced. Weird.

Also, given we are in a bit of a rut, how do you suggest we proceed?
Not a huge fan of this post
immediately following my replacement. It’s true that the town lacks direction this game... so maybe not as bad as I’m thinking.
Everyone shut the fuck up, we are waiting to finish lists. We can discuss cop and possible vig choices after the lists reveal things
What are you hoping to reveal from the lists?

Okay, fuck popcorn style. Have fun!

TubeHunter - Likely scum. KNM he was involved and questioning constantly, coming up with his own cases, ideas and direction. Here we have barning, reiteration of questions others ask and baseless suspicion of claimed roles. He's lurking and taking stances only when it suits him, as evidenced by his throw-away comment regarding his support of Red's wagon.

Kazekirimaru - Maybe scum. He's acting quite a bit differently from
his play in Boondocks, which is throwing me. Much more aggressive, much more spammy. Caught several posts where I think a scum mindset is more likely than a town mindset, but no confirmation. Reacted well to my opening drunk posts though. If Kaze is town, he's doing a pretty bad job.

Captain Murphy - Likely town. I've generally liked the directions he's been taking with his votes and we do need direction here. Not sure that telling everyone to shut the fuck up is the way to go, so I'm interested in hearing his motivation for asking for these lists. There is possible scum motivation there too. Responded as expected to my drunk posts, which was good.

DroppinSuga - Leaning town. He needs to post more. He chooses to comment on claims more than anything else, but he's chosen not to hop on wagons and takes his own direction. However, if imopen2 is scum, Suga may be his buddy.

imopen2 - Leaning town based on behaviour. His
play reminds me very much of both Boondocks and KNM. Not sure how he got up to claim range, but his claim should be trusted for now regardless.

WitchHunter - Illogical conclusions at times, but he's not scared to get in there. Perhaps null based on behaviour alone, but there's no way a newbie's fake claiming watcher without even using the word watcher. Town. Should be doc'd.

Colonel - Null. I misread him badly in Boondocks thanks to his... unusual posting habits. Though that's not going to be a shield for the remainder of the game, he's getting through Day 1 as far as I'm concerned.

rezombad - Probably town. I think I can read rezombad as scum. This is not him.

Who did I miss...

Lord McDonalds - Familar, but still null. Needs to post more.

GR - Maybe town? Case on WitchHunter was good. Commenting on current events, but seems to be taking an observer approach to
the game so far. GR, you said you'd look into the wagons. Please follow up on that.

Yanni - Whatever. Leaning town, I guess.

Vote TubeHunter.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 pm

:hi: Kaze!! Thanks for making me a liar!
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Captain Murphy. I've been wary about reading this one but his want to keep people in-line in this recent popcorn reads listing has been coming from a town mindset almost certainly. I've been poking at him and derping about on purpose to see if this desire for information is posturing or not, and his reactions seem genuine.
That's what I was doing! You must be town!
TubeHunter pinged me right out of the gate with his first post(23) apologizing for having little info despite the game just beginning. Aside from that, his
behavior has been classic noobtown to me. He appears to be taking others' opinions into consideration before taking stances, but not to the point of mindlessly barning other people. He's acting much like how he did in the game I just finished hosting. He was town there.
You have the opposite meta read that I do here. In KNM he was much more active and much more independant. I'm also reading him as opportunistic, something I never saw in NKM either.
҉

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:56 pm

If Kaze is town, he's doing a pretty bad job.
:frown:
You have the opposite meta read that I do here. In KNM he was much more active and much more independant. I'm also reading him as opportunistic, something I never saw in NKM either.
I'll take another look. Meta is admittedly a weaker point of my game.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Star, popcorn to someone.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Oh yeah. TubeHunter, you're up!
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Even though you were trying to 'fuck popcorn'.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Does dwindling interest require a replacement?
If so, I might need one.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 pm

ugh not another replacement

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:50 pm

If so, I might need one.
Can you dedicate yourself to making a quality post at least once every 72-hours?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:17 pm

GR sorry people feel GR not contributing enough, but three-day weekend preparations, plus three-day weekend itself took some time off GR hands.

About wagon analysis, GR have finished it. GR used the search and double-checked with mod votecounts, but if someone did something silly like writing "bote" instead of "vote" GR may have missed it. Anyway, to the results: GR think that scum will be in major wagons, and the findings are interesting...

There's been three major wagons, Rednihilist/Dust, WitchHunt and imopen2. Only two players have votes in all of them: Kaze and Yanni. Then GR and WitchHunt have votes in two. At least one scum is among these four players, and discarding myself (obv.) and WitchHunt (because claim) we are left with the three-time wagoners. Further analysis yields the following very interesting coincidences:

Red's wagon started by Kaze, next vote on wagon: Yanni. (votes 1 and
2)
Kaze jumps out of that wagon right into the already built WitchHunt wagon, next vote on wagon: Yanni (votes 3 and 4)
Kaze OMGUS-votes CM only to immediately jump to the last and already built imopen2 wagon. Next vote (with no other posts between them): you guessed it, Yanni. (votes 3 and 4)

GR suffering with "what-are-the-odds" syndrome with Kaze, him being scum in GR immediately previous game, but putting that aside, GR must say that after Yanni unvoted imopen2 right after the claim and then changed his vote to Colonel Khaddafi without indication that there'll be support for a wagon there, things are not looking good for Kaze.

GR withholding vote on Kaze until popcorn thing is over.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:03 pm

If so, I might need one.
C'mon, at least stick with us through day 2

It gets a lot more interesting after a lynch.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=128721#p128721:asmch19h]( G_R ) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:17 pm[/url:asmch19h]":asmch19h]GR sorry people feel GR not contributing enough, but three-day weekend preparations, plus three-day weekend itself took some time off GR hands.

About wagon analysis, GR have finished it. GR used the search and double-checked with mod votecounts, but if someone did something silly like writing "bote" instead of "vote" GR may have missed it. Anyway, to the results: GR think that scum will be in major wagons, and the findings are interesting...

There's been three major wagons, Rednihilist/Dust, WitchHunt and imopen2. Only two players have votes in all of them: Kaze and Yanni. Then GR and WitchHunt have votes in two. At least one scum is among these four players, and discarding myself (obv.) and WitchHunt (because claim) we are left with the
three-time wagoners. Further analysis yields the following very interesting coincidences:

Red's wagon started by Kaze, next vote on wagon: Yanni. (votes 1 and 2)
Kaze jumps out of that wagon right into the already built WitchHunt wagon, next vote on wagon: Yanni (votes 3 and 4)
Kaze OMGUS-votes CM only to immediately jump to the last and already built imopen2 wagon. Next vote (with no other posts between them): you guessed it, Yanni. (votes 3 and 4)

GR suffering with "what-are-the-odds" syndrome with Kaze, him being scum in GR immediately previous game, but putting that aside, GR must say that after Yanni unvoted imopen2 right after the claim and then changed his vote to Colonel Khaddafi without indication that there'll be support for a wagon there, things are not looking good for Kaze.

GR withholding vote on Kaze until popcorn thing is over.[/quote:asmch19h]
Interesting.

So, how does Yanni following me with his vote make me scum?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:57 pm

GR thought it made you both look like scum, and since he has a few town points for getting off imopen2 first (while you had to argue a bit with CM with your safe claims thing before getting off the claimed cop) you are the one to look at first.

Return to “Completed Games”