--- Dies To Removal --- MTGO Clan

Online Magic formats (MODO/Cockatrice/Apprentice/MWS/Duels of the Planeswalkers)

Moderator: ( G_R )

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm out of time / patience for today. Thanks for you help gents. I'll try again another day.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:23 pm

In Dolt's defense trading on the Beta is an unnecessary clusterfuck compared to v3, but then what isn't ?
I'm curious, what is trading like in v3? Not that it matters in a week.
like lying a woman down on a bed of rose petals
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 pm

I think you should watch DarkestMage twitch. He is sponsored by MTGO Traders and after his stream he is showing how to trade on mtgo with them. I think this is fastest option.

Small Guide:

Go to Collection.
Filters -> Other Products
Tickets -> Event Tickets -> Right click -> Add all to active trade binder

Now you allowed your tickets to be seen by others when you trade. You do the same with cards / boosters if you want to sell them.

Go to Trade.
Top Left you have white space to write.
Write official Mtgotraders
Right click on any bot that is Open. Press Trade.

New Trade window should appear.
Find card and double click.
Aftre bot sends you message about how much you have to pay write done in chat.
Press submit.
Press confirm.
Congratulation! You own a card :D

Just write to me: Kawa_Pedros if you need any more
help.
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:25 pm

@ Keith/L.D. - these are very useful resources for MTGO info

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/ - online decklists, meta breakdown etc
http://mtgo-stats.com/ - online decklists, meta breakdown etc
http://mtgowikiprice.com/ - FANTASTIC resource for card prices, can save/make you LOTS of tix
http://mtgoclanteam.com/cards.html - usually give the best price on boosters when you're selling
partyboosterbot - a bot that is also worth checking before selling/buying
goatbots - usually the cheapest Bots on MTGO

If you need decks/cards I'm also more than happy to lend anything I'm not using :)
Did you not see this LD?

If you want to just buy a full deck with minimum fuss go to http://www.mtgotraders.com
I did and I don't understand how MTGOTraders works. Are they selling paper? Why are things quoted in dollars instead of tickets?
Are you serious? What is hard to understand about the words MAGIC THE GATHERING ONLINE on the
banner at the top of the page? :) There is an option to pay in tix at the check out. The dollar price is so you can just pay in money on Paypal. You pick up the cards from them on MTGO.

There is also an FAQ that tells you all this "Here is how the overall process works: You the buyer add cards to your shopping cart. When you checkout you click to pay in tickets or paypal. Then when we get the order we will add you to our buddy list and send you a message. Then we will open trade with only the cards up that you ordered. All you have to do is click the cards and then click confirm and then perform trade. It's as easy as that."

There is a Contact Me button so you can ask them if this still isn't clear enough! :)

Wikiprice is pretty spot on - sometimes a bot will sell a card and then it may take a few mins
to update but I've found it to be the cheapest site 99%of the time. Goatbots usually have everything as do Clan Team - they're both on the list above. On the Clan Team website it shows which of their bots have cards in stock.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the awesome sig :)

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:34 pm

now now bark don't bite

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:11 pm

There are smilies, I'm clearly only barking :D

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:15 pm

There are smilies, I'm clearly only barking :D
You monster.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Thank you for your time and patience. I have it figured out now and should be able to figure things out on my own now. Thank you all.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:14 am

we've been a great help

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:52 am

Or...have we?! :scared:

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:16 am

Yes, you guys were. Recording an M14 draft now... Cracked a Mutavault :)

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:18 am

Should I trade it?

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:10 am

Should I trade it?
Do you intend on playing standard or modern in the future? If not then sell it you can make about: $13 Tickets (keep in mind during its peak it sold for $30 tickets).

I highly recommend using http://mtgowikiprice.com/ when scouting for discounts so that you can sell/buy each cards individually and save some tickets (much like how you would IRL when your purchase cards from Ebay (do you purchase cards from ebay?)).

In regards with making tickets just follow the guide I posted for you earlier (I think you skipped it) or Elricity post which says the same thing (I also use Goatbots for speed reasons but I heard some areas give you better prices) .

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:21 am

Here's my videos from this morning. Resolution is still a bit eh. Youtube is supposedly editing it to get rid of the black box outline. Not sure why it did that this time. Also, more vulgarity! I was a bit tired this morning.

Match 1 vs Bg devotion. Not that it mattered because I didn't draw Flamespeaker, but Boros Charm is probably better here because of Abrupt Decay. Also, apparently I don't feel like playing my 6th land in game 2 for two turns...because!

Match 2 vs B devotion. I have an evil cackle over Flamespeaker. Not much else to say. This is why I play the card. Yes, this is usually
how it plays out.

Match 3 vs UW Planar Control. The game goes long because the guy puts stops in the strangest places. I continue cursing.

Match 4 vs Jund Monsters. Remember kids, don't drunkly throw lightning bolts against players who control monsters unless you have enough in hand to finish the player off.
Thanks for the upload, I'll view it soon.

Opening thoughts on beta-streaming (thanks Pedros and Elricity):

1) The life total is larger now
2) The graveyard is finally on the right-hand side like it SHOULD be :argh:
3) Stack boxes are bigger

These are actuality rather huge changes as I recall MJ mentioning that whenever he streamed on Beta his viewer count would half because no one knew what was going on
:p

With leaks and crashes also drastically reduced, the "playing" and "streaming" side seems bearable now.

- - - - - - - - - - -

In regards with watching finished events (this is something I really enjoy doing since I don't live in the same timezone as you guys).

The ORC said you can (which was true in the early stages of the beta) but he is clueless since I checked and noticed that you can't now (confirmed by pedros) - hopefully they'll bring this back in the upcoming weeks because without "Event Chat" or "Replays" the game is going feel much my "cold" imo esp. if your not in a clan.

Rating as mention in my spams are gone now which we please the casuals or >1700 players and upset those who enjoy the competitive element or who are too lazy write up spreadsheets too determine stats.

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:28 am

In regards with watching finished events (this is something I really enjoy doing since I don't live in the same timezone as you guys).

The ORC said you can (which was true in the early stages of the beta) but you can't now (confirmed by pedros) hopefully they'll bring this back in the upcoming weeks because without "Event Chat" or "Replays" the game is going feel much my "cold" imo esp. if your not in a clan.
I've never tried those things so you might as well be speaking Greek to me. Well, I tried the replays and quickly learned they weren't working. Amazing the Beta had less functionality.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:34 am

Its quite good in v3 since it allow me (an Australian) too watch our German and American counterparts performance in DEs many hours after the event is complete, also Event Chats were fun because we could discover frozen games faster and report them (+ we can read enjoyable rage comments).

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:18 am

Should I trade it?
Do you intend on playing standard or modern in the future? If not then sell it you can make about: $13 Tickets (keep in mind during its peak it sold for $30 tickets).

I highly recommend using http://mtgowikiprice.com/ when scouting for discounts so that you can sell/buy each cards individually and save some tickets (much like how you would IRL when your purchase cards from Ebay (do you purchase cards from ebay?)).

In regards with making tickets just follow the guide I posted for you
earlier (I think you skipped it) or Elricity post which says the same thing (I also use Goatbots for speed reasons but I heard some areas give you better prices) :).
I read everything you sent me, but a lot of it just didn't sink in and didn't make sense to me until I go on modo and started digging around. Sorry for asking redundant questions.

I tried to record my matches with OBS, but the video seems to lock up part way in and I only get audio. Do you ever have that issue? Not sure I should bother recording if that's going to happen frequently.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:22 am

13 tickets isn't much, but I was planning on waiting until fall to play standard... not sure what to do.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:23 am

Wikiprice doesn't seem to work for me. I check the bots it says have them and they don't.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

On OBS: It's possible that my computer isn't good enough. V4 is a resource hog and apparently has a memory leak bug.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:31 am

13 tickets isn't much, but I was planning on waiting until fall to play standard... not sure what to do.
In that case, wait and play some drafts.

Sigh, I was going to play tomorrow but after laying in bed for an hour trying to get bed after feeling dead tired...here I still am. Maybe I'll stroll into FNM and try and murder the place and rebuild some store credit. Or I'll just play MTGO at home.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:10 am

I found MTGOwikiprice.com, but it seems to not be accurate. Any similar sites that work?
Interesting I never had this issue (outside from selling and noticing that the bot is out of tickets).

Are you looking at the correct tab (if your buying you need too look at Selling Bots if your selling you need to look at Buying Bots)?

Or did you mistype the name of the desired card when you were trying to purchase something?

- - - - - - - - - - -

Hit my 35 QP early (yay 4-0 DE) - gonna go play Modern now I'll try the RDW and if I lose twice in a row I'll go with UR ;-) (I would play Jund, but I need offload my boosters first and with Modern Master making a
return online I can expect cheaper prices :D)

- - - - - - - - - -

Kait or IO2 would you be able too play the MOCS5 Appreciation Event this weekend? (I can understand if your not esp. for kait since he played so many of them now).

EDIT: I typed can't instead of can
Last edited by magicdownunder on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:58 pm

It's entirely possible that I've just done it incorrectly. I'll have another look at it.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:04 pm

I will do it

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:40 pm

When Youtube asks if it can crop the video for you, consider declining because it lost the HD in my videos (not that the HD is that great). I'll go back to using the HD option rather than the regular 4k kilobite option. It was nice only having to load 400 MB files for a 30 minute game though.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:47 pm

I will take the ring to Mordor

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:01 pm

MDU, explain to me this promotion thing. For you that is, I'm not terribly worried about promoting myself. So subscribers and views I get. How do the likes do anything? Anything else that's supposed to help?

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Though I do not know the way

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Though I do not know the way
I imagine that you are rocking back and forth in a chair holding yourself in the fetal position considering whether to space out the LSD or just take it all at once to block the Beta pain.

How close am I?

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:07 am

MDU, explain to me this promotion thing. For you that is, I'm not terribly worried about promoting myself. So subscribers and views I get. How do the likes do anything? Anything else that's supposed to help?
I'm not sure I understand the question - if you select the promotion button you can give youtube one video (something good and short) and they'll advertise it for you (I havn't done this yet because I havn't made a promotion video).

If your referring too my self-promotion spam, I'm a YouTube partner (this is also the reason why I have music restrictions) so each time someone clicks on an add I make a very very small amount of money, I'm trying to build likes and sub so that youtube spider will put my videos slightly higher on the
youtube searches so more people can see it, which lead to more sub/like and more views and clicks.

I think its working because I have a high Russian sub count (more then Australian) and I don't think we have many Russian members in DtR.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:59 am

That was basically what I was asking. Thanks.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:38 am

Thought on the Motherships new look?

I think its just like the Beta, it looks prettier but messier when if your looking for specific information like POTYR, MOCS, Week old articles and etc... etc...
Last edited by magicdownunder on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:02 am

i hate it
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:05 am

also, i've had that experience with wikiprice sometimes showing bots that had a card at some point but now doesn't or doesn't trade or something. it usually occurs with the least expensive card (prob because someone else saw it and bought it). you just have to try a handful sometimes.

when you've completed a trade with a bot you liked (and especially if you leave credit with them), you should add them as a buddy and you can trade with them later much easier

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates it ;-)

IMPORTANT M15 DETAILS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED

As you may or may not know most old MTGO players will be rewarded with one FREE M15 release event - here are our only two options:

Magic 2015 Core Set Prerelease Friendly Sealed

PRODUCT: Magic Online will provide 5 Magic 2015 booster packs for this event, plus 1 Magic 2015 seeded booster pack corresponding to your "Hunt" Object of choice.
SIZE: 16 players.
PLAY STYLE: Swiss.
FORMAT: Sealed.
DURATION: 20 minutes deck-building time. Four rounds, each
round up to 50 minutes.

PRIZES
4 Wins: 5 Magic 2015 booster packs.
3 Wins: 3 Magic 2015 booster packs.
2 or 1 Win: 2 Magic 2015 booster packs.

Participation Prize: All participants will receive a Nissa, Worldwaker avatar.

OR

Magic 2015 Core Set Prerelease Competitive Sealed

PRODUCT: Magic Online will provide 5 Magic 2015 booster packs for this event, plus 1 Magic 2015 seeded booster pack corresponding to your "Hunt" Object of choice.
SIZE: 16 players.
PLAY STYLE: Swiss.
FORMAT: Sealed.
DURATION: 20 minutes deck-building time. Four rounds, each round up to 50 minutes.

PRIZES
4 Wins: 11 Magic 2015 booster packs. + 3 QP
3 Wins: 5 Magic 2015 booster packs. + 1 QP
2 Win: 1 Magic 2015 booster packs.

Participation Prize: All
participants will receive a Nissa, Worldwaker avatar.

Yeah you read that right.... NO DRAFT, only sealed plus we get the lamest (imo) of the avatars. <--- I should mention you don't have to spend your 35 Phantom Points here, you can for example save them and use them on the CUBE sealed/Draft later on.

START TIMES: Friday, July 25, 10:00 a.m. until Monday, July 28, 10:00 a.m. All times are Pacific (for UTC, add 7 hours)

EDIT: LOL at Kait's LOTR references :rofl:

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:53 pm

So the difference between friendly and competitive is probably your competition in friendly may be shit because the payout is shit? interesting.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:10 pm

So the difference between friendly and competitive is probably your competition in friendly may be shit because the payout is shit? interesting.
Correct!! - the friendly event won't fire regularly since outside the initial FREE entry since I doubt many people would be willing to pay 20+ tickets too enter it, that said those who have the free entry and are NOT confident in playing limited may queue for it since winning only 1 game results in 2x M15 Boosters (I can imagine splits in R5 going rather smoothly), this is a rather huge factor considering that for competitive sealed you'll need 2x wins for only 1 booster.

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks for the info MDU :) I'll be playing a friendly one :)

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:41 pm

my new thing when people rage at me is telling them to go back to the swiss events, it makes them so mad

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:30 pm

oh that's wonderful

Return to “Magic Online”